View Diary: Top Comments: Thanksgiving Menu Edition (144 comments)

•  I never could. (9+ / 0-)

But theirs ...

I am hoping they never try anything with cilantro.

(Fortunately I think the odds are very good!)

"The opposite of war isn't peace, it's CREATION." _ Jonathan Larson, RENT -9.62, -9.13

by BeninSC on Tue Nov 26, 2013 at 07:21:43 PM PST

•  Blue brie is a nice cheese. (7+ / 0-)

To make others less happy is a crime. To make ourselves unhappy is where all crime starts. We must try to contribute joy to the world. That is true no matter what our problems, our health, our circumstances. We must try. Roger Ebert

by lexalou on Tue Nov 26, 2013 at 08:02:13 PM PST

•  I love blue cheeses (5+ / 0-)

Once you get passed the whole "mold" thing and really get into tasting the different kinds it's amazing. Most people don't realize the roles that mold and bacteria play in most cheeses.

BTW, one of the best pairings ever is Roquefort and ripe pears. Very good.

And daddy won't you take me back to Muhlenberg County Down by the Green River where Paradise lay. Well, I'm sorry my son, but you're too late in asking Mister Peabody's coal train has hauled it away. John Prine

by high uintas on Tue Nov 26, 2013 at 08:14:32 PM PST

•  You might really enjoy those cheeses. (4+ / 0-)

I have no connection to that creamery, other than being an occasional customer. But they have some amazing cheeses, and not just blues!

by BeninSC on Tue Nov 26, 2013 at 08:19:16 PM PST

•  There is nothing like (3+ / 0-)
          BeninSC, arizonablue, Dragon5616

artisanal cheeses. America is waking up to the potential and also figuring out that cheese doesn't have to be bright orange and wrapped in plastic.

by high uintas on Tue Nov 26, 2013 at 08:36:36 PM PST

•  true, but my doc's new set of orders (4+ / 0-)
            viral, BeninSC, arizonablue, Dragon5616

(fasting glucose: 312) say the only cheese I should be eating is cheddar.

It's a new thing, called the whole foods diet. Avoid carbohydrates, particularly processed carbs. The one fruit you can't have to your little heart's content is bananas, but who in their right mind would want more than one a day?

Kinda like Atkins plus raw fruit and non-starch veggies, though beans are as strictly limited as grains -- which corn is, so that's right out.

Jeans are looser already. This was day 10 ...

LBJ, Van Cliburn, Ike, Wendy Davis, Lady Bird, Ann Richards, Barbara Jordan, Molly Ivins, Sully Sullenburger, Drew Brees: Texas is NO Bush League!

by BlackSheep1 on Tue Nov 26, 2013 at 09:51:26 PM PST