View Diary: Updated "You can sell your desk. You don't need it." ~ Pope Francis (212 comments)

•  My neighbor likes to call African Americans names. (12+ / 0-)

He also thinks they are stupid and thinks he's superior to them.

You, of course, are (hopefully) no racist.

That said, you and my neighbor should hang out some time.  You guys might vibe well with one another.

"So what if a guy threw a shoe at me!"

by FoodChillinMFr on Fri Nov 29, 2013 at 03:00:45 AM PST

•  Bad analogy. (0+ / 0-)

Glad I don't have to live near your neighbor.

I would accept Rand's invitation to duel.

by yojimbo on Fri Nov 29, 2013 at 12:09:28 PM PST

•  My other neighbor calls women bitches and hos. (3+ / 0-)

He thinks women are idiots and he feels he's superior to them.

You, of course, are (hopefully) no misogynist.

That said, you and my other neighbor should hang out some time.  You guys might vibe well with one another.

"So what if a guy threw a shoe at me!"

by FoodChillinMFr on Fri Nov 29, 2013 at 02:44:53 PM PST

•  Religion by Choice (2+ / 0-)
          yojimbo, elwior

Believing in a religion is a choice. Being Black or female is not. Races and genders can't be wrong. But choices can be. Religion is one of those choices.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - HST

by DocGonzo on Fri Nov 29, 2013 at 04:36:47 PM PST

•  Ever thought of rounding them all up on a train, (0+ / 0-)

and "relocating" them?

Just making small talk and all...

"So what if a guy threw a shoe at me!"

by FoodChillinMFr on Fri Nov 29, 2013 at 04:41:05 PM PST

•  You Thought of That (1+ / 0-)
              yojimbo

No, you thought of that. Because you think speaking badly of stupid people equals mass murdering them. You're sick. Take that as an insult.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - HST

by DocGonzo on Sat Nov 30, 2013 at 11:36:14 AM PST

•  Oops, forgot the smiley... ; ) (0+ / 0-)

I'm just playing.  But c'mon man!  You're going to sit there and get offended while simultaneously calling the worlds Christian population  'stupid'?

Do you hear the words you are saying?

Are Muslims "stupid"?
                Are Jews "stupid"?
                Are Hindus "stupid"?

You seem to lack what liberals pride themselves with.

It's called being peaceful.

Actually, you and I need to work on it.  I'm going to try from here on out to be less of a douchebag, and more of a peacemaker.  You with me?

"So what if a guy threw a shoe at me!"

by FoodChillinMFr on Sat Nov 30, 2013 at 02:39:02 PM PST

•  Douchebag (0+ / 0-)

I never called the world's Christian population "stupid". I called stupid people stupid, not all Christians - pointlessly explaining to you the difference between judging people for their chouces vs their genetics.

So you're less of a douchebag, and more of a peacemaker, while lying about my post. After equating concentration camp trains to my saying religion is a choice.

No, I'm not with you, because I'm not with that. Adding a copout smiley face doesn't make you less of a douchebag. Now you're just an even more self righteous douchebag.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - HST

by DocGonzo on Sun Dec 01, 2013 at 10:36:42 AM PST

•  Another... (1+ / 0-)
            FoodChillinMFr

...is going around telling other people they're wrong and bad, in a manner calculated to offend. That's certainly a choice, and to any reasonably kind individual, it is so obviously a wrong one that, unlike religion, it is more or less impossible to see another side to it.

•  So? (0+ / 0-)

So criticize it.

Of course pedantry is just as bad as supporting theocrats who protect baby rapers, launder drug money, prohibit women from having power, yadda yadda yadda.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - HST

by DocGonzo on Sat Nov 30, 2013 at 11:38:08 AM PST

• Recommended (142)
  • Community (70)
  • Civil Rights (26)
  • Memorial Day (26)
  • Elections (26)
  • Environment (26)
  • Culture (25)
  • Media (25)
  • Law (24)
  • Science (23)
  • Trans-Pacific Partnership (22)
  • Labor (21)
  • Josh Duggar (20)
  • Economy (20)
  • Rescued (19)
  • Marriage Equality (18)
  • Education (17)
  • Republicans (17)
  • Ireland (17)
  • Climate Change (17)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site