View Diary: Black Kos, Week In Review (241 comments)

•  I can't ever recall seeing a mistake from you, (4+ / 0-)

Ruby.
    My problem is, I'll preview my post and read what I intended to write rather than what I actually wrote.
    I'll the read the darn thing 2 or 3 times after I have written it and not see the glaring error. And then! then someone responds and in writing my reply I see, o no! "persona no grata?! What's that? lol.

Maya Angelou: "Without courage, we cannot practice any other virtue with consistency. We can't be kind, true, merciful, generous, or honest."

by JoanMar on Fri Dec 06, 2013 at 08:12:47 PM PST

•  LOL!!! I make them, but not quite as (3+ / 0-)

glaringly stupid as this was. Three times!!! And, a man's name that is sacred to me. Oh lord.

I am a copyeditor. I am supposed to know how to write, spell and type. Obviously, I don't.

For you, my sistah, the beauty in what you have to say will always overcome any little ole' typing error you might make.

"Southern nights have you ever felt a southern night?" Allen Toussaint ~~Remember the Gulf of Mexico~~

by rubyr on Fri Dec 06, 2013 at 08:17:41 PM PST

•  Aww. (3+ / 0-)
        rubyr, Onomastic, Yasuragi

Wish I'd stayed here and just read comments, RR.
        Just wandered off to Kos's diary today and saw that there is another move afoot (what is it now? Round 10?) to have our very own national treasure banned.
        Seems like she is the leader of black folks or somethin' and they think that if they manage to get rid of her, then the rest of us will be that much easier to defeat.
        Thanks to Yas, Ono, Edwards and AnnetteK for taking on the pack.
        Those guys just never give up, do they?
        Now I am off to bed in a cross mood.
        Wish I had seen this coordinated attack earlier.

by JoanMar on Fri Dec 06, 2013 at 08:53:13 PM PST

•  I just wrote you a long and very disturbed (3+ / 0-)
          JoanMar, Onomastic, Yasuragi

comment about that diary and somehow I lost it. I hit something and it disappeared, which is probably for the best as I care about you and don't want you subjected to me in a rage. Summed up: they are relentlessly obtuse, mean, vindictive, repetitive and boring and I agree that Ono, Yas and Annette have the patience of saints.

Sweet dreams, my friend.❤

by rubyr on Fri Dec 06, 2013 at 10:57:44 PM PST

•  Hope you and JoanMar were able to get (3+ / 0-)
            JoanMar, Yasuragi, rubyr

some sleep, ruby.

Don't think any of us have slept right in the last week or so and we need to be taking care of ourselves.

As far as what happened in Kos's diary goes, there's nothing else to say in there.

For those who care to see, the nasty game being played is obvious - same as it ever was, with a few added twists and turns.

I find it all rather pathetic and sad.

So let's all take the time to count the small blessings of the day. Think we all need too.

((((((rubyr & JoanMar)))))))))

There is something in us that refuses to be regarded as less than human. We are created for freedom - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

by Onomastic on Sat Dec 07, 2013 at 08:44:22 AM PST

•  Thank you, Ono! (3+ / 0-)
              Onomastic, Yasuragi, rubyr

Phenomenal job!

by JoanMar on Sat Dec 07, 2013 at 09:57:52 AM PST

•  I was up til' 5 AM. ugh (2+ / 0-)
              Onomastic, Yasuragi

Thanks for the kind words, Ono.

by rubyr on Sat Dec 07, 2013 at 09:34:22 PM PST

•  You are most welcome, ruby :) (2+ / 0-)
                Yasuragi, rubyr

With you on the lack of sleep going around. The last week or so has been profoundly upsetting and sad.

What happened in Kos's diary and elsewhere just continued that.

I'll never understand why simple kindness is so difficult for some people. And I'll never understand why assuming the worse and cruelty badly disguised as snark have somehow become "proof" of higher awareness and progressive values.

The blind ego in that is astounding.

Anyway, here's to better days for everyone.

(((((((rubyr)))))))

by Onomastic on Sun Dec 08, 2013 at 10:39:35 AM PST

•  Exactly. (1+ / 0-)
                  Onomastic

The blind ego in that is astounding.

Onomastic