View Diary: Woozle Wednesdai (146 comments)

•  At the risk of giving away trade secrets..... (23+ / 0-)

If we tell you the same thing more than ten times and you still can't remember it....we get mad.

If we tell you what we'd like for a gift more than ten times and you still don't know what to get us...we get mad.

If you ask us the same question more than ten times and still can't remember the answer...we get mad.

If you keep trying to "fix" our problem after we've told you we just need you to listen more than ten times...we get mad.

If you still love us after we've bought more than ten pairs of shoes...we adore you.

If you still love us after more than ten bouts of PMS...we adore you.

If you put up with our crazy family after more than ten "incidents"....we adore you.

If you tell us we're cute after more than ten crappy "I hate my hair!!!!!" haircuts...we adore you.

If you still love us and show it......we love you right back!!

~~~♥~~~♥~~~♥~~~♥~~~

Have to now...gotz summpin' in mai eye.

Marti

We cannot call ourselves a civilised society if we refuse to protect the weakest among us.

by The Marti on Wed Dec 11, 2013 at 12:14:57 PM PST

•  Sumthing in your eye? (21+ / 0-)

Love remembered.
      Savor it.

I keep it simple. I gave her my heart and soul with out conditions.

Amazing what you can learn from your dog isn't it?

Give blood. Play hockey.

by flycaster on Wed Dec 11, 2013 at 12:26:21 PM PST

•  Yes. Love remembered...and missed. But they say (13+ / 0-)

that if you've known that kind of love once, it is more likely to come again.  We learn from Love.

Oh...it was a pootie who taught me some of these lessons...the real meaning of "unconditional love"...but I've known a woozle or two who had that whole thing down, too.

Mrs. flycaster is very blest.  You may tell her I said so...but tell her not to encourage you, 'cause your behaviour needs work as it is.  Just ask Andy! ;-)

Hugs to you and yours,
        Marti and HLOS

by The Marti on Wed Dec 11, 2013 at 01:00:40 PM PST

•  Hi, hon. Hugs. May I lend you a hankie? (6+ / 0-)

This comment made me think of Nelson Mandela finding love at eighty with Graca Machel.  It's so beautiful to read about them.

Agree that Mrs. fllycaster is blest.  :)

We must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately. B. Franklin

by Observerinvancouver on Wed Dec 11, 2013 at 03:03:39 PM PST

•  Swampyankee and Marti (4+ / 0-)
          Smoh, The Marti, dmb0857, NormAl1792

I can feel the heartache and while it's bittersweet it clearly stings like hell. Both of those men were damned lucky to have your company for the time that they did. And don't for one minute think that they didn't know it. Take care and know that love will find you again. Love seems to like quality people, and doesn't like to see them unhappy. It's weird that way....

Give blood. Play hockey.

by flycaster on Wed Dec 11, 2013 at 05:45:24 PM PST

•  That is probably one of the sweetest things anyone (2+ / 0-)
            dmb0857, NormAl1792

has said to me!

My Beloved and I had a number of conversations about our marriage in our years together.  We agreed that we were very lucky because we each had the great good sense to marry our best friend.  When all else failed, it was the rock solid friendship-love that got us through.  So, I miss my friend as much as I miss my spouse....maybe more.  All those years of history make a difference.

I used to describe it like a Venn diagram.... there's the he, the she, and the we.  In the beginning, the he and the she are bigger.  As time passes, if you do it right, the we becomes the biggest part....but never eclipses the he or she.

In its infinite wisdom, the Universe sends us what we need.  Sometimes, it's even what we want.  For now, I'll settle for the wisdom to know the difference! :-)

Now stop makin' me do all this thinkin' and stuff!  :-)

Hugs, my friend.
            Marti

by The Marti on Wed Dec 11, 2013 at 06:46:34 PM PST

•  (((((((Marti)))))))))) (2+ / 0-)
              The Marti, NormAl1792

okay, now you made me cry ... :) ...

but a good kinda cry ...

You wouldn't be human if you didn't have a tinge of compassion which you could crush under the heel of righteous indignation – Clive All Hat No Horse Rodeo

by dmb0857 on Wed Dec 11, 2013 at 07:18:55 PM PST

•  Blame flycaster...he started this, what with bein' (2+ / 0-)
                flycaster, NormAl1792

all nice and everything. ;-)

Good cries are needed every now and then...it proves we remember how to cry for joy, as well as sorrow.  Laughter through tears is even better...unless you're drinking a soda and the bubbles go up yer nose.   Then...not so much.

It's late and my mind is wandering into odd territory!  lol

Hugs,