View Diary: Traditions. What Will You Be Doing December 25?: Street Prophets (83 comments)

•  Sounds yummy and fun! (9+ / 0-)

What time is the Dr. Who special?

GREAT to see you! :D

"the Devil made me buy this dress!" Flip Wilson as Geraldine Jones

by BlueJessamine on Wed Dec 18, 2013 at 12:52:53 PM PST

•  Um, not sure actually, but it's BBC America so (8+ / 0-)

it will be on more than once as well.

I'm so fat! Oh, they're going to love me, I'm so marbled! - Jack LeMans, Bounty Killer

by Mortifyd on Wed Dec 18, 2013 at 12:56:27 PM PST

•  8 or 9 eastern I believe.. (7+ / 0-)

I just saw the ad this morning again but can't remember the time off the top of my head. This hasn't been a good numbers week in any way shape or form.

by FloridaSNMOM on Wed Dec 18, 2013 at 01:14:41 PM PST

•  BBC America claims 9/8 central (3+ / 0-)
      BlueJessamine, Mortifyd, Aunt Pat

Plus there's a goodbye Matt special on before that.

I'll prolly miss it as no one else is a big Doctor fan.  Plus this year I'm under strict orders not to run downstairs and take a nap when I get tired of everything.

“that our civil rights have no dependence on our religious opinions, any more than our opinions in physics or geometry.” Thomas Jefferson

by markdd on Wed Dec 18, 2013 at 05:28:11 PM PST

•  ;D You poor baby (2+ / 0-)
        markdd, Aunt Pat

Laughing and feeling sorry for you all at once!

Maybe you can catch Dr. Who at a later time.

As far as naps go, both of my grandparents napped during the day. I can't do it. Keeps me awake at night.

In case I don't see you:

Merry Christmas to you and family Mark. Hope to see you in person after the holidays.

"the Devil made me buy this dress!" Flip Wilson as Geraldine Jones

by BlueJessamine on Wed Dec 18, 2013 at 05:52:48 PM PST

•  I'm old, I'm supposed to be cranky (2+ / 0-)
          BlueJessamine, Aunt Pat

Thanksgiving was difficult.  We decided that we'd buy a couple of dinners from Shari's.  I drove in from PDX on Wednesday night, wife doesn't care for SiL's cooking and I wasn't going to have time to cook.  So I order the meals, set up an appointment time to pick up the meats, sides and pies.  Lunch would be at noon.  I got to the store late, they were overwhelmed, took over an hour to get the goodies.  They were COLD, fresh from the cooler..  So another hour to warm everything up.  Our noon meal was served around 2:30

There were 6 adults plus my painfully pregnant daughter, 3 kids, an infant, a dog and a couple of cats roaming about.  Calling my daughter's house a pigsty, would have the pigs complaining to the ASPCA.  There was a kid's table, the adults had to scrounge for seats in the living room, I managed to step on the dog in the process.  Two plates of food and some pie later later, I was stuck up stairs with nothing to do.  Some football game was on. The boys were racing about, the women were digging thru the ads and planning on hitting the Thanksgiving night sales.  Clearly they're unaffected by my progressive politics.

In full tryptophan stupor, I stumbled downstairs (we live in the mother-in-law suite) turned on some marathon (Mythbusters?), laid down on the couch and tried to sleep.  After dozing in and out for a couple of hours, I stumble upstairs and get some pie.  The pumpkin pie is on the floor with a lump of filling on the floor next to it.  What happened to the pumpkin pie I yell, Oh, the dog got into it.  Musta been another football game on.  I grabbed a slice or two of pie and beat a retreat back to the basement.

About 9 PM my wife stumbles back in.  Sore and in pain, she got bowled over in Target.  While the rest of the group stopped to gawk at some aisle blocking display, she stepped out of the way to clear the aisle.  Some mob saw something at another display and shoved their way past them, knocking my wife into another display as she fell to the floor.  Christmas shopping is not for the meek.

Later that weekend I was informed in no uncertain terms that I was not to abandon her up there ever again.

I need to get over to Newberg this weekend and pick up some wine.  Then I'll be up in Everett from Christmas eve til the following Sunday and back to work (RC is closed til after New Years, but I need the hours.)

Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.  Hope we can some sort of meetup organized before I move back.  I should be here through mid March, doubt I'll get extended.  But, things can change.

by markdd on Wed Dec 18, 2013 at 08:01:13 PM PST