View Diary: Elizabeth Warren gives every Democrat the narrative they need to win. Listen up! (211 comments)

•  My political beliefs make me want to vote for (3+ / 0-)
    Dr Swig Mcjigger, elwior, high uintas

the Best Dem-I agree politically for the most part with those who would disagree with my argument above to vote for the Dem who will most likely beat the Rep. But reality, including mine, trumps that.

I thinks some are in denial, maybe, on what kind of Dem can beat the Rep nominee. Given the disappointing failure the Press now is--they fall for Republican arguments and memes--and how much Reps blatantly lie and get away with it now--the PEOPLE who actually may support the aims and goals of a populist like Elizabeth Warren, would be duped into not voting for her (she'd be called a socialist and extremist because she isn't toward the centre/right of Dems).

People argue that real Dems have a message our public would vote for. I think realistically our country is too messed up. Our message I think will not be heard by the people enough for them to see that Dems stand for them, or not enough to win.

•  Hillary will be "called a socialist" too. That's (4+ / 0-)
      Roger Fox, elwior, Nada Lemming, Dallasdoc

no reason to rule out other, much better, contenders.

Personally, I think Hillary is the most likely Dem to lose in the general.  The Repubs have 25 years of tape on her lying, manipulating, deregulating, "reforming", even literally taking the money.  They're more than ready for her.

I'm with you as to the importance of voting for the least-worse, but not before pushing as hard as possible to get someone better.

•  Right, I think HRC cannot win the general (9+ / 0-)

and personally, I think if Warren runs, she wins it all.

.................expect us......................... FDR 9-23-33, "If we cannot do this one way, we will do it another way. But do it we will.

by Roger Fox on Wed Dec 18, 2013 at 07:23:39 AM PST

•  Yes, she would be our best candidate. (5+ / 0-)

"We the People of the United States...." -U.S. Constitution

by elwior on Wed Dec 18, 2013 at 08:08:54 AM PST

•  What's more (3+ / 0-)
          elwior, Dallasdoc, Roger Fox

Is if Hillary is the nominee, I guarantee Bernie runs as an.independent.  And in that case, the jolly roger will be a feature in a lot of profiles around here.  No way, under any circumstance ,will I vote for another neoliberal.

"It rubs the lotion on its skin" is not effective coalition building.

by Nada Lemming on Wed Dec 18, 2013 at 03:47:59 PM PST

•  Always this scenario (1+ / 0-)
            elwior

Hand the keys to the car to the GOP, they WILL crash it. And we'll probably see a 1932 election afterwards.

But with HRC as Pres....... things wont get fixed. Do I want to vote for stuff not getting fixed......

Part of me really relates to handing the keys over to the GOP.

by Roger Fox on Wed Dec 18, 2013 at 07:10:34 PM PST

•  You're talking to someone (0+ / 0-)

who lived through Jesse Ventura actually getting elected.  The binary choice argument is meant to be a self fulfilling prophecy.  I don't buy it, never did.

If democrats want votes, they should, you know, do shit democrats expect them to do.

I just saw a local headline that Klobuchar and Franken are seeking cover for what they are about to do to veterans and the unemployed.

A democrat shouldn't have to seek cover from conservatives.  We would cover them if they just did the right thing.

"It rubs the lotion on its skin" is not effective coalition building.

by Nada Lemming on Thu Dec 19, 2013 at 12:01:02 PM PST

•  There is simply no sign that Warren (1+ / 0-)
          OleHippieChick

is running. Nothing suggests a Presidential run, she is not building a war chest, not assembling a team, she signed a letter asking Hillary to run...Show me that she is even thinking about it then it becomes a debate.

And daddy won't you take me back to Muhlenberg County Down by the Green River where Paradise lay. Well, I'm sorry my son, but you're too late in asking Mister Peabody's coal train has hauled it away. John Prine

by high uintas on Wed Dec 18, 2013 at 09:26:28 PM PST

•  Fact is some Americans simply see through (4+ / 0-)

The Democratic b.s. and that happens in the middle and on the right as it does on the left.  I'm not defending Republicans but sometimes you can be blinded by your own partisanship and Americans don't see Democrats delivering for them either.  Lesser evil isn't inspiring to anyone.