View Diary: Texas Republican's newest plan: Secede first, decide whether to kill the gays afterwards (153 comments)

•  Thin skinned? (3+ / 0-)
    Lost and Found, Ahianne, jayden

Someone above just suggested bulldozing Texas flat and starting all over again.
    Rather reminiscent of the right wingers calls to bomb the Middle East back to the Stone Age.

Your beliefs don't make you a better person. Your behavior does.

by skohayes on Sat Dec 21, 2013 at 04:31:41 AM PST

•  That has nothing to do with what Hunter or I said. (0+ / 0-)

Texas is just a state. Not a religion. Quit worshipping it and acting like every bad thing people say about it blasphemy. Even if people make a dumb insult or mean joke, don't call attention to them by throwing a fit and, yes, being thin skinned. Also, for misusing HR and trying to attack me for a comment someone else made the diary, have a donut of self righteousness.

Just doing my part to piss off right wing nuts, one smart ass comment at a time.

by tekno2600 on Sat Dec 21, 2013 at 09:28:20 AM PST

•  I only see one donut on your comment. (3+ / 0-)
        jayden, skohayes, RunawayRose

It's not from skohayes. Your HR is bogus. If you had received one from skohayes, your donut would have been retaliatory, also a bad call. For your intended rules breach and actual reasonless donut, you can eat pastry on my dime.

Cogito, ergo Democrata.

by Ahianne on Sat Dec 21, 2013 at 04:10:51 PM PST

•  I guess you are correct that it was not from (0+ / 0-)

skohayes. I did make a mistake and will remove that.

However, I will point out regarding the issue of whether it was appropriate to HR a person for blaming me for what someone else said, I was not going to give an HR in retaliation. It is actually appropriate use of HR is to hide things that are being said that are unfair and damaging to reputations and to the community. Blaming one person for the comments of another person and then HRing me is unfair and damaging. So, I feel it would have been appropriate to hide such a comment. But, frankly, I'm sick of all this HR crap. I hardly ever do it and the whole process usually makes no sense.

by tekno2600 on Sat Dec 21, 2013 at 05:49:29 PM PST

•  You took yours off, (1+ / 0-)
            RunawayRose

..so I took mine off.

Cogito, ergo Democrata.

by Ahianne on Sat Dec 21, 2013 at 06:08:29 PM PST

•  What a load of crap. (2+ / 0-)
            skohayes, Ahianne

skohayes didn't blame you for anything. "Thin skinned" were your words. The other part of skohayes' comment was clearly in reference to a previous comment - made by someone else - about bulldozing Texas.

Your overreaction to skohayes' rebuttal solidifies the defeat of your already failed attempt at wit or snark.

•  skohayes said that my "think skinned" comment was (0+ / 0-)

unfair because someone ELSE had made a mean comment up thread. So, presumably it wasn't being thin skinned to whine about "Texas bashing." I can't be response for someone else making a mean comment in the diary. If I call someone thin skinned, it has nothing to do with what anyone else said. I'm just saying don't be so darn thin skinned in general. With all the sound and furry over these comments, gee, I can't imagine why anyone might think people are thin skinned over these issues.

by tekno2600 on Sat Dec 21, 2013 at 06:14:43 PM PST

•  Please point out where it was said (0+ / 0-)

your comment was unfair. I don't see those words. The comment was an observation with an example to make a point, nothing more, nothing less. Your attempts to make it about you and turn it into something more is egregious and insincere.

•  Just to explain a little further, one could argue (0+ / 0-)

that blaming someone for the comments of another person is a public forum is libel. So, that is exactly the kind of comment that is supposed to be hidden to avoid unfair damage to the reputation of person being accused and protect the dKos website for lawsuits for libel. So, it was not at all my intention to break any rules by hiding a comment that unfairly blamed me for someone else's comment.

by tekno2600 on Sat Dec 21, 2013 at 06:09:53 PM PST

•  Enough. (0+ / 0-)

No one libeled you. No one blamed you. No one did any of the things you're suggesting.

You overreacted and now you're just digging your hole deeper. Acknowledge your mistake, apologize for it because now it's definitely warranted, and move on.

•  I did acknowledge that I made a mistake. So, you (0+ / 0-)

should move on too. You're responding to old comments. However, the person who originally HR'd me (MargaretPOA) gave no reason and may not even understand  the rules for this. So, I am the only one here who is still aggrieved, not you.

by tekno2600 on Sat Dec 21, 2013 at 06:30:01 PM PST

•  LOL!! (0+ / 0-)

So now there's a time limit for commentary. To think all the rules I've broken over the years by not following your guidelines.

•  I didn't say time limits. Those are your words. (0+ / 0-)

But, you did tell me to move on...kind of like you want a time limit er something. If you read my other comments, I've tried to end this multiple times.

So, let's just declare peace. If you go back and respond to all the old comments, it will never end.

by tekno2600 on Sat Dec 21, 2013 at 06:43:24 PM PST

•  Rec'd to offset bogus donut. n/t (2+ / 0-)
      Lost and Found, RunawayRose