View Diary: Texas Republican's newest plan: Secede first, decide whether to kill the gays afterwards (153 comments)

•  How elequount. (0+ / 0-)

How would you like me to respond - to NOT support secession? Hey, if that's what the majority of voters in TX want, who am I to stop them??? Give'em what they want. You can F U me all you want, but it's your fellow Texans who are clamoring to secede, not me. I'm just offering to help in any way possible.

The esteemed Louis Gohmert (R-TX) could be your Prez! Yay!!!

"radical, ideological wet dream"

by Scottsdalian on Sat Dec 21, 2013 at 07:53:40 AM PST

•  how about you stop being a hateful bigot (0+ / 0-)

laughing because you know you can get away with bashing Texas / the South / flyover country / redneckistan, because that's what this site eats up with a spoon???????

LBJ, Van Cliburn, Ike, Wendy Davis, Lady Bird, Ann Richards, Barbara Jordan, Molly Ivins, Sully Sullenburger, Drew Brees: Texas is NO Bush League!

by BlackSheep1 on Sat Dec 21, 2013 at 08:09:32 AM PST

•  I'm the hateful bigot here because I support (0+ / 0-)

the Texans who want to secede? If you want a really really good example of a hateful bigot, I encourage you to read the words of the TX Attorney General up at the top. IMHO - that's a hateful bigot. But, hey, if you want to make me the issue here rather that your duly-elected Attorney General.....then just knock yourself out.

Also, too.....read the other comments. Sounds like I'm
        not the only one who's tired of this shit.

Relo packages will still be made available to the remaining sane folks.

"radical, ideological wet dream"

by Scottsdalian on Sat Dec 21, 2013 at 08:27:47 AM PST

•  Oh, and I didn't say anything about the South, (0+ / 0-)

flyover country or redneckistan. So don't say that I bashed them also.

And finally, I'm not laughing at TX - trust me, this is not funny stuff.

"radical, ideological wet dream"

by Scottsdalian on Sat Dec 21, 2013 at 08:30:09 AM PST

•  I live here. I hear the Texas bashing every day. (0+ / 0-)

Ted Cruz does not represent me.
          John Cornyn does not represent me.
          Rick Perry does not represent me.
          Randy Neugebauer and Pete Sessions do not represent me.

They represent powerful moneyed interests dedicated, like Rupert Murdoch, to dividing Texans for their further profit.

Your playing along with that is no help, and while I'm pretty sure that if Texas were to secede all by ourselves we'd do better than the Old South because we do control some oil and have some other energy infrastructure and potential exports, that would destroy my home state and my nation, and as a Dem I find the notion reprehensible.

Your smug self-assurance to the contrary.

by BlackSheep1 on Sat Dec 21, 2013 at 09:01:31 AM PST

•  Sorry to burst your bubble, but..... (0+ / 0-)

Cruz and Cornyn DO represent you. They are the two U.S. Senators from Texas. They ARE your only two U.S. Senators. And Perry IS your Govenor.

And I agree with you that TX could do OK on its own, economically speaking. So if that's what your fellow Texans want, so be it.

As for me, I vote Dem wherever I'm at, and right now I'm in AZ. My Dem vote gets wasted each election, but I vote...as I'm sure you do. And as was pointed out earlier, AZ is NOT clamoring for secession. And I am the first one to point out how f'ed our repubs are here in AZ. Hell, look at OUR Govenor and U.S. Senators - they are as f'ed up as almost anyone, altho I'll give you Cruz.

"radical, ideological wet dream"

by Scottsdalian on Sat Dec 21, 2013 at 09:18:37 AM PST

•  No. They don't. You clearly (0+ / 0-)

aren't listening. Like I said before: FU and your smug self-assurance.

by BlackSheep1 on Sat Dec 21, 2013 at 05:09:02 PM PST