View Diary: 'Best' of Fox 2013: Day 3 (48 comments)

•  According to Fox, (6+ / 0-)

Buddha, Yogi Berra, and Joan of Arc were also white men.

Just saying, most people are savvy enough to take what they say with a grain of salt.  Right?

•  Not Fox Viewers nt (8+ / 0-)

I want 1 less Tiny Coffin, Why Don't You? Support The President's Gun Violence Plan.

by JML9999 on Thu Dec 26, 2013 at 08:41:04 AM PST

•  That's hilarious. Thanks. But it's very confusing (1+ / 0-)
      Roadbed Guy

Jesus was Jewish.  Ask any Jew if Jews are white and most will say yes.  Very confusing.  And Santa is based on Norse legends such as St Nick and Kris Kringle, so there's an argument that Santa is, at least, Scandinavian.

GOP Wars against: Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan, Immigrants, Mexicans, Blacks, Gays, Women, Unions, Workers, Unemployed, Voters, Elderly, Kids, Poor, Sick, Disabled, Dying, Lovers, Kindness, Rationalism, Science, Sanity, Reality.

by SGWM on Thu Dec 26, 2013 at 11:41:56 AM PST

although Buddha wasn't covered in your post.

So, although I don't have the link handy, what I was referring to in that regard was the totally white guy Bob Pinciotti's (from the 70's Show, a stellar example of Fox TV's programmatic offerings.) statement that Buddha looked just like him (or vice versa, I can't quite recall).

And they once had an discussion how Joan of Arc had to dress herself us a man to gain support, or something like that.

Again, due to the holidays (heck, just kidding, I'm always like this) I'm too lazy to look up any links, but it's out there on the internet.  I kid you not about that.

•  Knew about Joan, but not Piciotti's Buddha. (0+ / 0-)

by SGWM on Thu Dec 26, 2013 at 08:39:28 PM PST

•  Had this argument last night... (1+ / 0-)
      Roadbed Guy

With my sister, who trotted out the Shroud of Turin as proof that Jesus, while admitting he was Jewish, was a WHITE Jew.

(Something that didn't exist until after many centuries of Jewish people living in Europe and being "forcibly mixed" with local populations.)

Caused a hornet's nest when I Googled the shroud and noted its carbon dating and 'medieval pigments' used in the "blood stains."

But even with that, I look at the image on it - and note that it could be any ethnicity other than Asian or Native American. The face on that shroud could just as easily have been an Aborigine...

So yeah...

"Jesus was white" is a freaking serious belief for some people.

OMG, like, gag them with a multi-colored spoon. Like, ya know.

by Jyotai on Thu Dec 26, 2013 at 12:15:06 PM PST

•  Wooly hair and brown feet (0+ / 0-)

Two traits described to Yeshua / Jesus.

She tried to claim that 'white people have wooly hair if they don't comb it' and ignored the brown feet angle.

So... her son and I started joking back that he had a 'fro and was a rapper. :p

My siblings may be beyond hope, but I've got their kids. :)

OMG, like, gag them with a multi-colored spoon. Like, ya know.

by Jyotai on Thu Dec 26, 2013 at 12:21:00 PM PST

•  I imagine that just bringing up "carbon dating" (0+ / 0-)

idea was playing with fire - you know, since the very method has the propensity to suggest that the planet is older than 6,014 years (or whenever it was supposedly created based on the biblical record . .. ).

•  large grain of salt (0+ / 0-)

Warning - some snark may be above‽ (-9.50; -7.03)‽ eState4Column5©2013 "I’m not the strapping young Muslim socialist that I used to be" - Barack Obama 04/27/2013

by annieli on Thu Dec 26, 2013 at 01:14:20 PM PST