View Diary: The truth about Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation (331 comments)

•  Leaving out something so obvious (7+ / 0-)

in an attempt to seem like a true conservationist strikes me as disingenuous.

This all started with "what the Republicans did to language".

by lunachickie on Wed Jan 01, 2014 at 01:18:43 PM PST

•  Writing "seem like a true conservationist"... (5+ / 0-)

...implies that you think him incapable of being a "true conservationist." Are you asserting that you think it's impossible for anyone who hunts to truly be a conservationist?

by JamesGG on Wed Jan 01, 2014 at 01:35:59 PM PST

•  You are picking at nits (5+ / 0-)

Most people know ban nock and his position on hunting, he's never hid them. Does it bug you that he got on the rec list? Couldn't you read the first sentence of the diary? Or the fact that it was published to Hunting and Fishing Kos?

And daddy won't you take me back to Muhlenberg County Down by the Green River where Paradise lay. Well, I'm sorry my son, but you're too late in asking Mister Peabody's coal train has hauled it away. John Prine

by high uintas on Wed Jan 01, 2014 at 01:40:29 PM PST

•  Come on (7+ / 0-)

Just a few days ago there was highly rec'd diary about wolf killing.  I think that if you polled active members of this site, you would find very high support for wolves (and little for wolf hunting).  The point I and others have been making is that RMEF has an anti-wolf agenda, and if you give them money, you are supporting that agenda.  That's it.  And the other diary did not mention anything about this agenda but merely portrayed RMEF as another conservation organization.  I wrote this diary so that Kossacks would know what RMEF is really about.  Given that most folks on this site are pro-environment, they have a right to know that RMEF has what most environmentalists would say is an anti-conservation agenda.

The next Noah will work a short shift. - Charles Bowden

by Scott in NAZ on Wed Jan 01, 2014 at 01:51:16 PM PST

•  I wasn't replying to you (3+ / 0-)
          ban nock, ColoTim, worldlotus

Didn't mean for you to think that.

As to your point, I don't know a single conservation group that I agree with 100%, I do know some that have actually caused more harm than good in the past. I judge by acts, not thoughts and the purchasing of this land and turning it over to the public is a good act IMO.

by high uintas on Wed Jan 01, 2014 at 02:04:19 PM PST

•  No, I'm pointing out the obvious (3+ / 0-)
        Lost and Found, Shotput8, caul

wordplay and convenience of leaving out a serious slice of information in that diary, which I'd do whether it was rec-listed or not. Contrary to some here, I truly do not give a serious tinker's damn about the gun enthusiasm around here, and I've not invested soo much of my life into this blog that I'm aware of any groups that disingenuous greenwashing may have gotten republished to.

This all started with "what the Republicans did to language".

by lunachickie on Wed Jan 01, 2014 at 02:03:11 PM PST