View Diary: I Believe Chris Christie (34 comments)

•  That's only if one supposes... (6+ / 0-)

... the average IQ of the majority of voters has increased since Dumbya was given his office in 2000, and he was "voted" into office again in '04.  Or that no one at all would have voted to put the Tundra Tramp within walking distance of the Oval Office in '08.

Both possibilities preclude him from holding national office.
    I guess I'm a bit too sensitive about it now, but I'm still reeling in disbelief and having PTSD flashbacks every time someone with a low IQ is mentioned as a candidate for any kind of office..., and is actually taken seriously!!!  At this rate, I'll have to have plastic surgery to keep my jaw in place instead of permanently on the floor because I've gone into another state of shock.  Even joking about it makes me cringe as I slip back into a state of PTSD.

Never, ever, underestimate the stupidity of the "average" voter or the ability of Moronic Media to sway favorable attention to their notion of a "good candidate."

Ooooooh, LOOK...!  Shiny Object!

by NonnyO on Fri Jan 10, 2014 at 05:54:56 AM PST

•  But would you want to have a beer with Christie? (4+ / 0-)

Isn't he an everyman sort of guy? And tough! And he swaggers!

I'm on a mission! http://www.dailykos.com/comments/1233352/51142428#c520 Testing the new site rules.

by blue aardvark on Fri Jan 10, 2014 at 07:34:19 AM PST

•  Damn and was going to say waddles (5+ / 0-)

"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." Arundhati Roy

by LaFeminista on Fri Jan 10, 2014 at 07:39:51 AM PST

•  Actually, d'wanna have a beer with anyone! (2+ / 0-)
        Unca Joseph, blue aardvark

Can't stand the taste of the stuff.

Whether or not a politician can have a drink of some kind with someone, or hunt a moose, or drive a snowmobile doesn't impress me in the least.  In fact, I'd rather they stayed stone cold sober, given that they have red phones (or the equivalent) and could greatly err in judgment while alcohol impaired their brains.

If he could do Irish hard-shoe dancing I'd be impressed.  Had enough of idiotic swaggers when Captain Codpiece was in office.  It just looks silly.

I only used beer medicinally once, and that was when my milk wasn't dropping after giving birth.  I held my nose, drank half a water glass of beer (about two ounces, maybe, if that), and very shortly thereafter was standing by my baby's crib wondering if she would wake up soon because I suddenly had milk to spare.

Beer to get the milk to drop is an old midwives' remedy... and it actually works.   (My dad's mother - my paternal grandmother - was a midwife; she died when I was an infant so I don't remember her; my mother learned this info from her and told me to try it.)

by NonnyO on Fri Jan 10, 2014 at 12:35:18 PM PST

•  Beer (1+ / 0-)
          NonnyO

Is there any problem it can't solve?

by blue aardvark on Fri Jan 10, 2014 at 03:04:20 PM PST

•  Prolly not... (0+ / 0-)

I would have liked to try a sip of honey mead at some point.  The name of it sounds good.

A couple of ounces of beer to solve a "medical" issue would not have occurred to me until it happened.  Except for sipping beer once before that only to find out I didn't like it, I still think the stuff tastes vile.  [What do I know?  I get a three day migraine from the smallest amounts (1-2 sips, actually) of any grain-based alcoholic beverages.  After being tested, I found out I'm allergic to the pollens for several grains - so that allergy made sense.  I didn't like the taste of them, either, so I've gone through life sober.]

by NonnyO on Fri Jan 10, 2014 at 04:45:19 PM PST