View Diary: Rep. Jack Kingston still defending his child labor proposals (86 comments)

•  "Stupid is as stupid does." . . . (6+ / 0-)

. . .Forrest Gump.

If we are going to elect Democrats, lets elect real ones!

by waztec on Fri Jan 10, 2014 at 09:33:37 AM PST

•  Down here Stupid says and does a lot of bad stuff. (4+ / 0-)

The last time we mixed religion and politics people got burned at the stake.

by irishwitch on Fri Jan 10, 2014 at 09:52:47 PM PST

•  I live in Washington. . . (6+ / 0-)

. . .It is somewhat more difficult to get away with Mr. Kingston's brand of stupidity.  Well, on the west side of the Cascades it is more difficult, anyway.  I do not think any state has a patent on people like Kingston.  I live too near Idaho. :)

If we are going to elect Democrats, lets elect real ones!

by waztec on Sat Jan 11, 2014 at 08:25:06 AM PST

•  WIth the exception of a few Dems, like John Lewis, (2+ / 0-)
          Lencialoo, emyrphe

almost all our pols are like this. Sad, but true.

The last time we mixed religion and politics people got burned at the stake.

by irishwitch on Sat Jan 11, 2014 at 08:33:42 PM PST

•  I live in Georgia, too. I got jerrymandered. (3+ / 0-)
            Patango, emyrphe, irishwitch

Out of Republican Austin Scott's district.
            Into Democrat Sanford Bishop's district.
            I'm not unhappy but I suspect that this was not the hoped for result.
            I sort of like being an unintended consequence.

•  In Barrow, I am atuck with no one worth voting (0+ / 0-)

for. One year, there were so many Repubs running unopposed that I started writing in "Mickey Mouse".  My husband was more creative he worked his way through Warner Brothers and the characters from Rocky and Bullwinkle.  My rep in the state legilature is Terry ENglun, the one who thinks women shouldn't be allwoed to have abortions under any circumstances--including miscarriages, because his cows don't mind a stillbirth. He's a less intelligent Erick Erickson.

The last time we mixed religion and politics people got burned at the stake.

by irishwitch on Sun Jan 12, 2014 at 09:11:57 PM PST

•  Well Terry Englun plainly isn't much of a farmer. (0+ / 0-)

Cattle can be pretty sensitive to such things, it's sometimes why cows will attempt to steal another's calf (given they're producing milk anyway it could be merely a matter of relieving pressure given mastitis is nasty but they're capable of emotion and can possess some level of intellect, including basic problem solving).

And that's an awful lot of Rs I can think of at least about 20 WB Looney Tunes characters without even going into the new stuff. ;-)

•  The term idiot applies to Terry. (0+ / 0-)

He' a HUGE (fat-head, fat body) Tea Party type.  In many races there were only Rs running unopposed.  Hence the write-in. The only pols down here I like are in the Black Caucus--and Jason Carter who will likely lose to Nathan Deal for governor.  MMost of the time anyone even vaguely intelligent runs as an independent because Dem is the kiss of death.  I am a little shaky right now. My hsuiband was admitted to the hospital with a heart attack today. I had to amke it VERY clear that NO, he does not want a Chriwtian chaplain and if one shows up uninvited, my little 5'3" Irish self will kick his butt.

The last time we mixed religion and politics people got burned at the stake.

by irishwitch on Tue Jan 14, 2014 at 08:27:55 PM PST

•  Yeah... (0+ / 0-)

Sorry to hear about your hubby, hope he comes through alright.

I'm only stuck with being a Roman Catholic because my mother was in a coma after my birth and my chances weren't good of surviving. No one to give permission so they made what they thought was the right choice, so yeah not a happy occasion for my mother who is as irreligious as myself (purely by virtue of being unwilling to accept anything on faith alone I turned away from the contradictions and moved on). So I can understand why you'd do it, and I could picture the event just fine.

Around here the politicians are lucky I don't want jail time, because I honestly don't like most of them (heck I went to school with one), recognise them on sight, and my fist itches while we go by.

•  He's the same lazy slacker (9+ / 0-)

who whined after Nancy Pelosi took over as speaker because she was going to start having sessions four days a week instead of 1 1/2.

Ed FitzGerald for governor Of Ohio. Women's lives depend on it. http://www.edfitzgeraldforohio.com/

by anastasia p on Sat Jan 11, 2014 at 04:32:45 PM PST