View Diary: Hillary: The Last Rabbit Out of Their Hat (45 comments)

•  Yes, I would like to know that too. Diarist? (6+ / 0-)
    •  crickets (4+ / 0-)
      chicago minx, phenry, Radiowalla, Matt Z

KOS: "Mocking partisans focusing on elections? Even less reason to be on Daily Kos."

by fcvaguy on Mon Jan 13, 2014 at 01:43:44 PM PST

•  This person has two 2 diaries and 4 comments (3+ / 0-)
        fcvaguy, Radiowalla, Matt Z

in his history;  I don't think he likes to stay around and chat.

•  Well you're both incorrect (0+ / 0-)

Irregardless of whether one likes the diary or not, the diarist is engaging commenters.

Il est dangereux d’avoir raison dans des choses où des hommes accrédités ont tort. - Voltaire
          Don't trust anyone over 84414 - BentLiberal

by BentLiberal on Mon Jan 13, 2014 at 02:03:00 PM PST

•  I don't dislike the diary (0+ / 0-)

It just leaves alternatives undiscussed. I'm glad diarist has decided to engage.

by fcvaguy on Mon Jan 13, 2014 at 02:49:38 PM PST

•  Who are you trying to kid??? (1+ / 0-)
              Johnny Q

If Obama and Holder did nothing, they showed opened eyed and open minded Democrats that Bill Clinton and the party meant it when they said they were a "new kind of a Democrat".   What Bill should have said was that they were the new home of the  Rockefeller Republicans.

People can demand, insist and cheer that Ds are the party of the working people all they want.  As the saying goes, you can beat a horse to water, but you can't make it vote.

What we need is a Democrat in the White House.

by dkmich on Mon Jan 13, 2014 at 03:06:05 PM PST

•  What on earth does that have to do with my comment (2+ / 0-)
                skohayes, Matt Z

Much less ANY comment I've made in the diary? I think you're looking for a pie fight where one doesn't exist.

I, like many, are hoping for a robust field of quality Democratic candidates in 2016, to include progressive/liberal candidates who are viable alternatives to Hillary Clinton.

by fcvaguy on Mon Jan 13, 2014 at 03:18:55 PM PST

•  Thanks nt (1+ / 0-)
              fcvaguy

Don't trust anyone over 84414 - BentLiberal

by BentLiberal on Mon Jan 13, 2014 at 03:58:34 PM PST

•  Bernie Sanders (3+ / 0-)
      salmo, Johnny Q, Chi

Bernie is a great Senator. Check out his web site. You will hear him ripped by the likes of Chris Mathews, but Bernie is the real deal. We had this all figured out decades ago, and Bernie sounds like he understands it. Many talking heads are neoliberals, ignore them.

•  Oh, OK. (3+ / 0-)
        Radiowalla, Matt Z, edrie

Let's nominate an elderly avowed socialist from a state known mainly for hippies. Then we can spend the entire Ted Cruz administration talking about how beautiful and pure we are.

•  Watch encouragingly (1+ / 0-)
        Chi

Bernie was Burlington's mayor for years, and while I do not know any specifics, his performance certainly was well received in Vermont.  That having been said, administrative competence is a skill, like any other skill, and it has to be practiced.  I like him, but I would want to know a lot more.

As to the campaign itself: I do not know whether or not Senator Sanders wants to be President (and you have to be a bit crazy and more than a little narcissistic to want that job, neither characteristic being particularly strong in him).  A run is one grueling MF of an exercise.  If a candidate isn't committed, all in, the results aren't pretty (think of the GOP clown car last time around).  I also do not know whether or not he is putting together the organization that would be needed to run (and if he isn't doing that soon, he'll be late out of the gate).  So, let's watch encouragingly.

•  Thanks (4+ / 0-)
        skohayes, Matt Z, edrie, Chi

Would it matter if he ran as a Democrat? or backed out of an independent campaign in the end?

In an interview with Tavis Smiley, Sanders said he's not sure whether he would run as an independent/third-party candidate or in the Democratic primary. (Sanders caucuses with Democrats.)
        If he did run outside the Democratic Party, Sanders also said he won't be a "spoiler" -- i.e. a third-party candidate who runs and takes enough of the vote from the Democratic nominee to allow the Republican to win.
        "I will not be a spoiler; that I will not allow myself to be," Sanders said. "I am not going to be put into a position where we allow some right-wing Republican to become president because of something that I might do."
        Sanders added: "There are ways to deal with that, which I don't -- we're thinking about right now, and I don't want to get into at great length right now. But there are ways to make sure that, in fact, one doesn't become a spoiler."

by fcvaguy on Mon Jan 13, 2014 at 02:48:34 PM PST