View Diary: ACA Roadblock - You Can Enroll, You Just Can't Get Your Payment Processed And Go Further (57 comments)

•  Who is "they" (5+ / 0-)

that you are paying?  Can you talk to your bank and explain what you have done so far?  I'd hate to see you get triple dinged and then the insurance company claim that you only paid once.

Now that youz guyz have turned sort of blue, can you contact your insurance commissioner's office and report the problem?  Sounds like the insurance company is fucked up but if you have confirmation numbers for payments, you should be covered even without the cards.

I did hear that Walgreen's is offering free one month prescriptions on most drugs to those who can show they've signed up but haven't gotten their cards yet.

" My faith in the Constitution is whole; it is complete; it is total." Barbara Jordan, 1974

by gchaucer2 on Mon Jan 13, 2014 at 02:27:25 PM PST

•  That is good information about Walgreens and (4+ / 0-)

I thank you for that. And I guess it can't hurt to call the insurance commissioner.

I don't know that the healthcare provider is important, but it is a big, well known one.

I have never heard of an electronic check payment that was not processed almost immediately. I simply can't understand it.

“Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough.” FDR

by Phoebe Loosinhouse on Mon Jan 13, 2014 at 02:32:27 PM PST

•  I would also call the Insurance Commissioner. And (1+ / 0-)
        Phoebe Loosinhouse

can be charged multiple times--it has happened to two of our relatives, who are still trying to get it straightened out, to no avail.

So, a word to the wise:

If the first attempt at payment doesn't work--wait!

Do not keep making payments, unless you can easily "let go of the money."

Don't know anything about Virginia's Exchange--sorry.

And I saw the same thing about prescriptions in CVS the other day.

Also, ask and you can get a discount at CVS.

Also, Walgreen's has a RX Discount Program for very little annually--for the entire family, plus pets!

Good luck!

Mollie

"Only he who can see the invisible, can do the impossible."-- Frank L. Gaines

hiddennplainsight

by musiccitymollie on Mon Jan 13, 2014 at 06:32:39 PM PST

•  Now I've gone from being annoyed to being (1+ / 0-)
          musiccitymollie

apprehensive. I only made the second payment when the insurance rep told me authoritatively that there was NO record of the first payment.

For the second payment by electronic check I got THREE emailed confirmations all with the exact same time stamp.

Needless to say, I would be more than irate if they processed 3 payments out of my bank account.

by Phoebe Loosinhouse on Mon Jan 13, 2014 at 06:43:13 PM PST

•  If they did, make sure you get confirmation that (0+ / 0-)

you can then have several months of premiums already paid for, or you can get a refund of the extra payments.

"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." --M. L. King "You can't fix stupid" --Ron White -6.00, -5.18

by zenbassoon on Tue Jan 14, 2014 at 04:23:37 AM PST

•  CVS, Kroger, and apparently others besides (2+ / 0-)
      gchaucer2, Losty

and some doctors and hospitals are also willing to take your data and fight your insurance company for you. Call around.

For many of these companies, this is the classic marketing situation where whoever gets to serve the new customers first probably has their loyalty for years to come. So this is real money we are talking about. Also, the insurance companies are reportedly spending half a billion dollars on advertising in the next few months to go after millions of new customers. Many of them are also prepared to be flexible in the first month, considering that they messed you over to begin with.

Ceterem censeo, gerrymandra delenda est

by Mokurai on Mon Jan 13, 2014 at 05:13:07 PM PST