View Diary: NorthJersey.com 'partisan' and 'openly hostile' (10 comments)

•  I haven't seen NY Times cover this yet (5+ / 0-)
    Eman, hopi13, Rosalie907, buffie, Aunt Pat

Nothing about it on the front page of its website.

•  Just not front-paged (7+ / 0-)

Mayor of Hoboken Says Hurricane Relief Was Threatened

Mr. Christie’s trip, which was supposed to showcase his political resilience after the rockiest period of his governorship, was overshadowed by claims from the mayor of Hoboken, N.J., Dawn Zimmer, a Democrat.

In a television interview on Saturday, she said that two high-ranking aides to Mr. Christie had threatened to withhold money for Hurricane Sandy recovery to her hard-hit city if she did not support a real estate development that the governor wanted built in her jurisdiction.

"When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty (Antonin Scalia, John Boner, or Scotty Walker (pick your favorite) said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean -- neither more nor less."

by Eman on Sat Jan 18, 2014 at 05:07:33 PM PST

•  More jucy bits from the NYT article (15+ / 0-)

Bolding mine.

Mr. Reed took the unusual step of denouncing MSNBC, on which Mr. Christie is a frequent guest, as “a partisan network that has been openly hostile to Governor Christie and almost gleeful in their efforts attacking him.”
      and the funniest part:
      Inside, Mr. Christie found what must pass, at this difficult moment, as an oasis for him: a group of Ferrari and Jaguar-driving Florida Republicans for whom traffic in New Jersey is a distant thought.

Getting into his Bentley after the fund-raiser, one guest, Geoffrey Leigh, called the controversy over the lane closures “little flies on the wall, quite frankly.”

by Eman on Sat Jan 18, 2014 at 05:18:31 PM PST

•  Bentley? (4+ / 0-)
        Eman, pat bunny, bakeneko, Aunt Pat

Of course. What else would Sir Geoffrey drive?

Is Sir Geoffrey a US citizen? Can he legally contribute to political candidates here?

I'm a Vietnam Era vet. I'm also an Erma Bombeck Era vet. When cussing me out and calling me names please indicate which vet you would like to respond to your world changing thoughts.

by Just Bob on Sat Jan 18, 2014 at 07:10:24 PM PST

•  Great catch. Wonder if the NYT knows that. n/t (3+ / 0-)
          bakeneko, Just Bob, Aunt Pat

by Eman on Sat Jan 18, 2014 at 08:30:12 PM PST

•  More on Sir Geoffrey (2+ / 0-)
            Aunt Pat, Eman

dateline Friday 22 October 1993

Morris Leigh, a mere babe in arms at 86, has decided to bow out of Allied London Properties.

Mr Leigh leaves his 60-year-old son, Sir Geoffrey Leigh, as chairman of the group into which he reversed his property interests back in 1970. He has decided not to seek re-election as a director in December. He has also sold his entire holding of 8 million shares, which, at yesterday's closing price of 113p, has netted pounds 9m to comfort him in his retirement.

'He's been working for 70 years and still used to come into the office every day. I think he's just going to enjoy himself,' said Sir Geoffrey.

by Just Bob on Sat Jan 18, 2014 at 09:28:23 PM PST

•  "Morning Joe" (6+ / 0-)

Hosts Joe and Mika are loyal Christie supporters.  Scarbough is a drooling Conservative Republican that mentions his time in Congress at least 10 times during each show and Mika thinks Christie is the best.  The rest of their crew seem to also be Christie supporters.

Of course, Hayes, Maddow, O'Donnell, Schultz, Kornacki (who previously working on a NJ Blog with Wildwood) the Rev, and maybe 2 or 3 others see him for what he is.  A lying bully and a phony and I guess that's what bothers them.  MSNBC has been doing excellent reporting on Bridgegate and I hope they continue to do so.

Never be afraid to voice your opinion and fight for it . Corporations aren't people, they're Republicans (Rev Al Sharpton 10/7/2011) Voting is a louder voice than a bullhorn but sometimes you need that bullhorn to retain your vote.

by Rosalie907 on Sat Jan 18, 2014 at 08:25:38 PM PST