Skip to main content

View Diary: For some reason, people care about Bridgegate. Fake Benghazi? Not so much (136 comments)

Comment Preferences

  •  I'd rather have a progressive Dem as (9+ / 0-)

    president than "a woman." Hillary Clinton is a woman, but she's no progressive. We don't need more of the same. There was no real difference between her and Obama, so unless we want more frustration such as we are experiencing now, I'd say I want a progressive.

    "The object of persecution is persecution. The object of torture is torture. The object of power is power. Now do you begin to understand me?" ~Orwell, "1984"

    by Lily O Lady on Tue Jan 21, 2014 at 11:08:49 AM PST

    [ Parent ]

    •  I'd rather have a competent (11+ / 0-)

      experienced and capable president, who listens to me. I too am more progressive than she's shown to be, but in her own initiatives she's exactly as progressive - her work for women, the reason that the Hispanic community is for her is the work she's done behind the scenes. She helped a woman know get a visa for her family to visit when my friend was ill.  

      They say she's expedient, which is a way of saying good timing, when the time makes something possible, she'll be there for me (and for you too, and for little kids and mothers and school teachers, and ...)  There is another reason to want a woman president - she's a mom, she has mom sensibilities.  

      •  I'm worried about her economic policies, which (0+ / 0-)

        I'm afraid would serve the 1%, leaving the 99%, men and women, out in the cold. She's like a Rockefeller Republican--liberal on social issues but conservative on economics. I"d like a FDR Democrat.

        "The object of persecution is persecution. The object of torture is torture. The object of power is power. Now do you begin to understand me?" ~Orwell, "1984"

        by Lily O Lady on Tue Jan 21, 2014 at 12:59:45 PM PST

        [ Parent ]

Subscribe or Donate to support Daily Kos.

  • Recommended (170)
  • Community (84)
  • Baltimore (84)
  • Bernie Sanders (65)
  • Freddie Gray (59)
  • Civil Rights (53)
  • Elections (41)
  • Culture (38)
  • Hillary Clinton (36)
  • Media (35)
  • 2016 (31)
  • Law (31)
  • Racism (30)
  • Labor (26)
  • Education (26)
  • Environment (25)
  • Republicans (23)
  • Politics (23)
  • Barack Obama (22)
  • Police (20)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site