View Diary: I Need A Screaming Room (148 comments)

•  Whew! What you are having to put up with. (33+ / 0-)

You aren't an Irish Witch, you are an Irish Saint!

All the best, Irish.

Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations. ~ George Orwell

by 4Freedom on Wed Jan 22, 2014 at 05:11:33 PM PST

•  In my world witches beat saints every time. ;D (21+ / 0-)

Best to you and yours, irishwitch. You are going to get thru this with your sanity and health intact!

There are lies, damn lies, and statistics but they all pale in comparison to conservative talking points.

by ontheleftcoast on Wed Jan 22, 2014 at 06:21:06 PM PST

•  Guys don't like Hospitals (1+ / 0-)
        ontheleftcoast

The really grumpy angry stage is sort of like when you send them out to shovel snow and they come back in and want to put their cold hands someplace that will make you shiver and jump.

With my wife its just the opposite. Hanging around Penbay waiting gets old after the first year so she jokes about becoming bionic, and I have to admit what with the pumps and ports and bags she looks kind of Borg like now, but also sort of hot cause of all the weight she's lost and having discovered she can buy fashionable outfits that fit her in kids sizes from  the Goodwill in Rockland that gets its clothes from the summer complaints in Rockport and Camden.

I can empathize with not being able to just sit there and watch them or sit in the nurses break room outside the infusion room  and watch them or wander the hospital edgily having read all the magazines and drunk all the coffee in all the waiting rooms.

Come spring she'll be all better and grumpy about me wanting her to substitute diet and exercise for the meds and TV and go for a walk. She'll be pleading the arthritis in her hip hurts her and I'll be arguing come see how pretty things are! look! there's a red fox cutting a trail in the snow circling round the pond and the outbuildings looking for mice

Live Free or Die --- Investigate, Incarcerate

by rktect on Thu Jan 23, 2014 at 02:37:37 AM PST

•  " Guys don't like Hospitals " Nobody likes hospit (3+ / 0-)
          churchylafemme, wishingwell, Bronx59

hospitals.  I always laugh when in a TV show or movie, you have character saying "God, I hate hospitals"  If you LIKED them, I'd worry about you.
          Irishwitch, please keep coming here to vent; no worries.
          And if you can't get some valium, maybe a double martini.

For what do we live, but to make sport for our neighbours, and laugh at them in our turn?'' ...

by QuaintIrene on Thu Jan 23, 2014 at 07:16:54 AM PST

•  Exactly, my mother would beg for them to let her (1+ / 0-)
            chimene

out of the hospital during her long stays during her battle with cancer.  She lived alone so they were always reluctant to do so.  But she would get so tired of being in the hospital for weeks.

After my hysterectomy, I talked the doctor into letting me after 3 days because my mother was a nurse and she was coming to my house to care for me. It worked and I should have stayed an extra day but thank goodness Mom was well then.

I feel badly for my sister going into the hospital next week for cancer surgery as she will be there for a week and Mom is no longer alive to be there to help care for her. I live several states away and I wish we could afford to be there now and then later in the spring during her chemo. But she is choosing for us to go later plus my hubby can get away from work then. I cannot drive or fly alone due to my health issues.  But I feel badly she has to be in the hospital as she hates them too.

We spent far too much time in hospitals because both of our parents and all of our grandparents spent a lot of time hospitalized. I spent a good bit of my childhood visiting a grandparent in the hospital , it seemed all of the time.

Keystone Liberals on Twitter @ KeystoneLibs , Join PA Liberals at http://keystoneliberalsforum.aimoo.com/

by wishingwell on Thu Jan 23, 2014 at 04:18:05 PM PST

•  I wish I were a saint. (10+ / 0-)

What I am is so pissed off that I can't write coherent sentences. MiL is doing what she always does when she gets the bit in her teeth and it is useless to talk he out of it. I think she needs to feel like she's doing something useful. When we lived with her she and baby sis who run the Pre-K together would have epic battles.  She'd arrive him and stomp around and wouldn't tell us why she was angry. We were left trying to figure out what we did. Eventually Ben would pry it out of her --on a good day.

I talked to him around 8 and he was sounding better and less pissed off. He told me he'd tried to dissaude her and got nowhere. I told him I was sorry if she pilled the "let the past go" crap again and that I'd tried to talk her out of it and had gotten "We'll just have to disagree " .  We basically decided that if she was determined to do the nasty job of cleaning the kitty room and mopping the floor, it was pointless to try and stop her.

I have been in a foul mood because the damned headache came back.  I hate taking T3 or other painkillers.  But this was not far from migraine status and I hope to Goddess I am not starting to get the, Severe sinus and cluster headaches are bad enough. I was actually yelli ng at her becasue she wouldn't listen.  I love her but in this mode, it's maddening.

The last time we mixed religion and politics people got burned at the stake.

by irishwitch on Wed Jan 22, 2014 at 09:19:42 PM PST

•  My Step-mother (9+ / 0-)

used to do this (cleaning) when ever she came to visit.  Drove me nuts and pissed me off.  I finally decided to consider it maid service.  If she wanted to provide maid/cleaning service for free, I could accept the gift.  It was the only way to keep from letting it piss me off, and drive me nuts.

The only time it didn't happen is when they came to visit when we were in the middle of a adding an addition to the house (big open A-Frame).  There were saw horses, saws, saw dust, lumber, etc in the living space.

You could tell by the look on her face that she didn't know where or how to start.  It was amazingly funny (to me).

That is the only time she did not clean my house on a visit.  And the last time she visited.

•  I can relate but it was more extreme with my (1+ / 0-)
        chimene

mother in law. She hated me with a passion, hated anyone her son was ever with including his first wife, and hated all her inlaws and well she hated most everyone. She was vicious, mean, manipulative and abusive to my husband.
        After she falsely accused our son of stealing her car when it was actually repossessed and then started to verbally abuse her teenage grandchildren, my husband said enough was enough and he was forced to cut off communications with her because of her abuse of his wife, his son, he could handle her abusing him but not endangering his son and his marriage.

But our case was extreme as his mother is extremely abusive as well as mentally ill.   But it was sheer hell for many years.   But when we picked up the newspaper one morning and saw where she reported her lawnmower stolen to get back at my husband who borrowed it, that was also the final, final straw. It was embarrassing to call the state police and say that we had it.

But anyway, enough about me..this is about you and my thoughts are with you and feel free to vent anytime as we are here for you.

In a way, I know how you feel as my sister is extremely sick with cancer and she is my baby sister, my only siblings, most of our family is deceased, my heart aches for her. In her case, I have to deal with her friends who are bossing us all around and me long distance too..driving me nuts with their Evangelical sermons to me and to her.

by wishingwell on Thu Jan 23, 2014 at 04:24:16 PM PST