View Diary: Feds file fraud complaint against company that handles 45% of all government background checks (87 comments)

•  Rockford! (2+ / 0-)
      JVolvo, rbird

I tried to go online to find a similar bear head...but when I searched “Big Bear Head” it gave me a San Diego craigslist ad entitled “Big Bear needs some quick head now” and then I just decided to never go on the internet again.--Jenny Lawson

by SouthernLiberalinMD on Thu Jan 23, 2014 at 02:41:29 PM PST

•  Angel (2+ / 0-)
        second gen, rbird

Stuart Margolin

.................expect us......................... FDR 9-23-33, "If we cannot do this one way, we will do it another way. But do it we will.

by Roger Fox on Thu Jan 23, 2014 at 03:40:01 PM PST

•  I would say "Raylan!" (1+ / 0-)
          SouthernLiberalinMD

But he's a U.S. Marshal.

Join Essa in a revolt against the gods. Continue the fight, Causality.

by rbird on Thu Jan 23, 2014 at 05:08:34 PM PST

•  Wow, it's hard to find female PIs (1+ / 0-)
            rbird

Phryne Fisher!

by SouthernLiberalinMD on Fri Jan 24, 2014 at 10:59:20 AM PST

•  I'm doing my best... (0+ / 0-)

...I have two chapters to go on Suzie's Technical Support, which features a female protagonist, a veteran of Iraq and Afghanistan.  She's more a merc than a detective, though she does solve crimes...when she's not committing them.

Here's a tiny taste...

So, I was about to turn seventeen and I wasn't doing much of anything, just shuttling back and forth between Mom's place and Dad's place.  They both had new families.  They made me feel as welcome as a car wreck.  They had no choice, I was their daughter, they were obligated until my eighteenth birthday.  But I could see where this was heading.  Little known fact, you can join the Army at seventeen with a parent's permission.  Like, don't sign all at once, they were in that much of a hurry to ditch me.  They didn't even show up at the depot when I got on the bus to basic training.  Mom drove me down to the depot, then drove off without a wave.  I stood around the bus waiting for Dad, he said he'd come to see me off, looking for him until they shouted at me to get on.  That didn't hurt as much as later.

Join Essa in a revolt against the gods. Continue the fight, Causality.

by rbird on Fri Jan 24, 2014 at 06:26:20 PM PST

•  Wow, will have to look into that. (1+ / 0-)
                rbird

There's actually a lot more female police detectives, interestingly, than female PIs. Though I did find:

V.I. Warshawski!