View Diary: Houston Mayor Annise Parker's Response to GOP Critics of Her Marriage: "Get over it." (115 comments)

•  :) Proud to call her my own [mayor]. (13+ / 0-)

Annise D Parker
    Apr 28 2011 11:37AM
      Eric Kayne / For the Houston Chronicle
    #26. Annise D. Parker, Mayor of the City of Houston
    From OUT magazine's Power 50
    April 28, 2011

The nicest thing for me is sleep, then at least I can dream. ---Marilyn Monroe

by mjbleo on Fri Jan 24, 2014 at 11:07:54 AM PST

•  Hugs, big mama! Long time no see. n/t (4+ / 0-)
      mjbleo, dewtx, BlackSheep1, Steveningen

Pope Francis: the Thumb of Christ in the eyes of the Pharisees.

by commonmass on Fri Jan 24, 2014 at 12:10:03 PM PST

•  Good afternoon not-so-common commonmass! (2+ / 0-)
        commonmass, BlackSheep1

I know. My home computer is on the fritz and there is a firewall on the work computer. I have to blog from my iPhone. Pooh.
        How are you? I saw my face a couple of weeks ago in Kitchen Kibitzing. Yikes! [giggle] I half expected to see you in Houston that day. How are you? I miss you!

628x471
        Mike Linderos, right, pushes his daughter, Stefani Linderos, 2, left, and his son, Mike Linderos, 3, center, on the swings at TC Jester Park Monday, Jan. 30, 2012, in Houston. "It's not too hot, and it's nice to be out here," their father, Mike Linderos said. Photo: Cody Duty, Houston Chronicle / © 2011 Houston Chronicle

The nicest thing for me is sleep, then at least I can dream. ---Marilyn Monroe

by mjbleo on Fri Jan 24, 2014 at 01:26:49 PM PST

•  Miss you too. I was SO glad to see that the (2+ / 0-)
          mjbleo, BlackSheep1

Houston Kossacks finally got to meet you, at least the new ones. I was telling them about how you're one of my very favorite people ever. It seems they agree with me.

I'll get down to Texas at some point, and we'll sit down and have a great time.

Pope Francis: the Thumb of Christ in the eyes of the Pharisees.

by commonmass on Fri Jan 24, 2014 at 01:45:54 PM PST

•  Well don't think that you can sneak into town... (3+ / 0-)
            commonmass, BlackSheep1, jan4insight
            I'll get down to Texas at some point...
            Newborn Chinstrap Penguin
            Jan 31 2011 7:56PM
             Johnny Hanson / Houston Chronicle
            A newborn chinstrap penguin is cared for by one of its parents at the Moody Gardens Aquarium Pyramid, in Galveston.

I was so glad I could finally make a meet-up. I had to take a vacation day to make it happen, but it was well worth more than the price of admission. Everyone was so nice and witty and gorgeous and, and.

The nicest thing for me is sleep, then at least I can dream. ---Marilyn Monroe

by mjbleo on Fri Jan 24, 2014 at 02:01:37 PM PST

•  I can't sneak into town. Everyone there knows me. (2+ / 0-)
              BlackSheep1, mjbleo

One of the last times I was there--we were at a meetup together, if you'll remember--I had lunch at La Mexicana on Fairview and Montrose with TBD and was immediately spotted by my old friend Troy.

I cannot come to Houston incognito. I lived there too long.

I can't wait to meet the Houston crowd again, though I know it has changed.

Pope Francis: the Thumb of Christ in the eyes of the Pharisees.

by commonmass on Fri Jan 24, 2014 at 02:23:33 PM PST