View Diary: Top Comments: Who do you see? Edition (73 comments)

•  AND, I believe in transsubstantiation, (1+ / 0-)
    high uintas

and eat that flesh and drink that blood like a Roman Catholic, or like the Anglo-Catholic I am.

Pope Francis: the Thumb of Christ in the eyes of the Pharisees.

by commonmass on Sat Jan 25, 2014 at 08:38:54 PM PST

•  I did not and could not (3+ / 0-)
      brillig, commonmass, arizonablue

I wasn't a Catholic, soooo. I really thought of being one briefly when I was around 13 or 14 but ended up pissing off Father Freegard with all my questioning of everything and got thrown out of classes.

Probably for the best, I'm not a believer in "God". I'm open to be proved wrong however.

And daddy won't you take me back to Muhlenberg County Down by the Green River where Paradise lay. Well, I'm sorry my son, but you're too late in asking Mister Peabody's coal train has hauled it away. John Prine

by high uintas on Sat Jan 25, 2014 at 08:45:30 PM PST

•  Father Freegard? Oh Goodness. (1+ / 0-)
        high uintas

I meanly REALLY.

Pope Francis: the Thumb of Christ in the eyes of the Pharisees.

by commonmass on Sat Jan 25, 2014 at 10:25:58 PM PST

•  I am in the shit, for sure. nt (1+ / 0-)
        high uintas

Pope Francis: the Thumb of Christ in the eyes of the Pharisees.

by commonmass on Sat Jan 25, 2014 at 10:28:12 PM PST

•  Your religion is really defective. (1+ / 0-)
        high uintas

Brillig will help.

Pope Francis: the Thumb of Christ in the eyes of the Pharisees.

by commonmass on Sat Jan 25, 2014 at 10:32:36 PM PST

•  OK, lets talk. (1+ / 0-)
        high uintas

"God" is something else. The Transsubstantiation thing is quite something else. I happen to believe that when I partake of the Holy Eucharist, it's the actual body and blood of
        Christ. I would never, EVER suggest that you would agree with me.

Pope Francis: the Thumb of Christ in the eyes of the Pharisees.

by commonmass on Sat Jan 25, 2014 at 10:53:14 PM PST

•  When I said I was open (1+ / 0-)
          commonmass

I didn't mean that you had to be the messenger. I merely meant if something convinced me of the existence of God I wouldn't cling to an argument for the sake of it.

You are a sweetie, you know that don't you?

When I made that comment I ended up having to go to bed soon after. Sorry for the late replies.

by high uintas on Sun Jan 26, 2014 at 09:52:15 AM PST