View Diary: Not seeing much if any discussion of TPP here (19 comments)

•  Would love a link or two (0+ / 0-)

when I searched it, I got ... well, not nothing but not much.  Tried TPP, Trans-Pacific, Transpacific, trade agreement.  Didn't try trans-specific, because that's a whole 'nother diary.

If I have any spit left after I've licked my own wounds, I'll be glad to consider licking yours. Peace.

by nancyjones on Mon Jan 27, 2014 at 10:48:00 PM PST

•  Go to Google (2+ / 0-)
      nancyjones, JVolvo

and type

TPP Dailykos

Lots of diaries, enough reading for many hours.

•  ok, will try that (1+ / 0-)
        LakeSuperior

meanwhile, wonder why i have to use google and can't use the dkos diary search.   Pretty wierd, eh?

by nancyjones on Mon Jan 27, 2014 at 11:00:46 PM PST

•  Oh, and just so ya know (0+ / 0-)

google doesn't give me anything meatier than dkos does.  looking for good analysis, not finding much here.  will look elsewhere tomorrow, would love some solid links.

by nancyjones on Mon Jan 27, 2014 at 11:04:07 PM PST

•  But am pretty much getting the feeling (0+ / 0-)

from the diaries that DO show up on either search that the DK community is pretty much ok with TPP.

Any links ya got that provide evidence otherwise?

by nancyjones on Mon Jan 27, 2014 at 11:08:17 PM PST

•  There are plenty of links provided in both (4+ / 0-)
            Hayate Yagami, skohayes, FG, JVolvo

the Dkos search and the Google search.   They show that you are wrong about your opinion, but I really don't have any interest in "proving otherwise".   The links are there, the tenor is unmistakable, how you could have missed all those ongoing discussions is a complete mistery.

Just look at the headlines of the diaries to understand how off you are:

Hundreds to Rally in Beverly Hills Over Obama’s Secret Trade Deal

Open thread for night owls: TPP pact would expand closed-door investor-state dispute courts

TPP Defenders Deliver Official Talking Points; Inadvertently Confirm Opponents' Worst Fears

“TPP Conflicts Exposed: Many Areas Of Dispute, Negotiations In Crisis” (w/Wikileaks File Links!)

Open thread for night owls: Fast track on trade deal is train wreck for Americans

MT-Sen: Max Baucus' (D) Final FU, Fast Tracking The TPP, Fight Back Now!

Good news. TPP in trouble

‘CRUDE’ – How TPP & TTIP free-trade could threaten sovereignty. [UPDATE: CALL SENATORS]

MN-05: Keith Ellison (D) & DFA Need Our Help To Stop TPP Fast-Track

Open thread for night owls: Foes are turning Trans-Pacific Partnership toxic

On and on.   Shows clearly that you could not be more wrong.   Just wondering why you did not participate in any of the discussions that went on about this.  What gives?

•  OK (0+ / 0-)

Thanks to bobswern's helpful link below, I found lots of good information.  To answer your question as to why I didn't participate in the conversations, I am just now getting conscious enough of this particular issue to have an opinion.  My googling skills clearly are not that great, and I let my resulting frustration show in this post and my subsequent comments.  I can see how that might be offensive and I regret having caused discomfort in my clumsy search for knowledge.  Thanks.

by nancyjones on Tue Jan 28, 2014 at 05:47:42 AM PST

•  I dunno (2+ / 0-)
            nancyjones, terrybuck

I am not always here, but I have barely seen anyone supporting it here, and have seen several people vehemently against it. I've seen the topic come up in several of the night owl threads.

Time is of no account with great thoughts, which are as fresh to-day as when they first passed through their authors' minds ages ago. - Samuel Smiles

by moviemeister76 on Mon Jan 27, 2014 at 11:53:08 PM PST

•  We don't have many here (1+ / 0-)
            nancyjones

with super strong feelings one way or the other. On one hand, nobody likes the fact that business is a big backer of the treaty, or that much of it is secret so far. The flip side is that we need jobs, and reducing artificial and unfair trade barriers and tariffs is something that could help us all get back to work. The fact that in the end we do have Obama himself deciding if the positives outweigh the negatives gives me comfort (though some here don't like or trust the president, and those people are stridently opposed to TPP as well as everything else the administration does).

•  Try this link... (4+ / 0-)

"I always thought if you worked hard enough and tried hard enough, things would work out. I was wrong." --Katharine Graham

by bobswern on Tue Jan 28, 2014 at 12:20:56 AM PST