View Diary: Not One Word (14 comments)

•  See right above. (4+ / 0-)
    JoanMar, serendipityisabitch, CwV, CenPhx

I caught it.  Must have gone to the bathroom, but re-read the transcript.  I'm tempted to delete, BUT, I won't -- not because I think I'm right, but because I should have to take my medicine wrt to my inaccuracy.

;-)

all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed.

by 4kedtongue on Wed Jan 29, 2014 at 09:28:33 AM PST

•  You could update. (3+ / 0-)
      4kedtongue, CenPhx, doroma

I don't want to see you beaten up...at least not too much. ;)

Maya Angelou: "Without courage, we cannot practice any other virtue with consistency. We can't be kind, true, merciful, generous, or honest."

by JoanMar on Wed Jan 29, 2014 at 09:31:44 AM PST

•  And so I have. (1+ / 0-)
        JoanMar

Thank you for kindly reminding me that I sometimes need to have my ass handed to me.

;-)

by 4kedtongue on Wed Jan 29, 2014 at 09:37:47 AM PST

•  So, add it in to the diary as an edit - or an (2+ / 0-)
      4kedtongue, doroma

update. That's almost as simple as adding a comment below, and should keep a few of the putdowns a bit milder.

At least half the future I've been expecting hasn't gotten here yet. Sigh.... (Yes, there's gender bias in my name; no, I wasn't thinking about it when I signed up. My apologies.)

by serendipityisabitch on Wed Jan 29, 2014 at 09:32:05 AM PST

•  Hey, it got my attention (2+ / 0-)
      4kedtongue, CenPhx

If just to jump in and clue you.
      Interesting concept:

Humility lessons? Self-flagellation?
      Mission accomplished!

If I ran this circus, things would be DIFFERENT!

by CwV on Wed Jan 29, 2014 at 09:38:25 AM PST

•  Not a masochist -- (2+ / 0-)
        CwV, CenPhx

-- just someone who accepts that mistakes are sometimes made.  But erasing them makes it a lot more difficult to LEARN from them.

by 4kedtongue on Wed Jan 29, 2014 at 09:46:48 AM PST

•  Understood, (2+ / 0-)
          4kedtongue, CenPhx

But you've served your penance. You may be absolved.

If I ran this circus, things would be DIFFERENT!

by CwV on Wed Jan 29, 2014 at 09:53:45 AM PST

•  Dominus Vobiscum. n/t (1+ / 0-)
            CwV