View Diary: Obama used NSA spying to kill Copenhagen Climate Change talks (263 comments)

•  What about violating the Constitution? (3+ / 0-)
    allenjo, Kombema, TheMomCat

Do you think the NSA might be doing a little of that, here and there?

by DeadHead on Fri Jan 31, 2014 at 04:40:34 PM PST

•  Please link to any authoritative legal source... (11+ / 0-)

...that has maintained that spying on foreign nationals outside the US is a violation of the Constitution.

by JamesGG on Fri Jan 31, 2014 at 06:41:34 PM PST

•  Please blockquote the portion of my comment... (2+ / 0-)
        Kombema, TheMomCat

that specifically referred to "spying on foreign nationals."

My comment was worded the way it was for a reason.

by DeadHead on Fri Jan 31, 2014 at 07:40:44 PM PST

•  And yet, your comment is on a blog entry... (10+ / 0-)

...that is entirely about the NSA's spying on foreign nationals overseas, in a direct reply to a commenter whose entire comment was about the NSA's overseas intelligence gathering on the operations of foreign governments.

The NSA's domestic intelligence-gathering operations and the constitutional issues they raise are completely irrelevant to the subject of this blog entry, which was entirely about the NSA's foreign intelligence-gathering operations, the constitutionality of which you do not dispute.

by JamesGG on Fri Jan 31, 2014 at 08:40:01 PM PST

•  So what? (1+ / 0-)
            TheMomCat

Are you trying to ding me for going off-topic or something?

If you are, perhaps you can scroll back up the comment section, where you'll likely come across a few other comments more worthy of your efforts to corral the discussion.

by DeadHead on Fri Jan 31, 2014 at 10:14:44 PM PST

•  Might? Maybe. Maybe not. (0+ / 0-)

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

by darthstar on Sat Feb 01, 2014 at 07:49:34 AM PST