View Diary: Forget the Cheerios ad (121 comments)

•  Comments from Free Republic (2+ / 0-)
    BluejayRN, sidnora

(I went there so that you would not have to.)

Best, worst commercials of Super Bowl XLVIII

To: Clint N. Suhks
    I was genuinely offended by the multilingual “America the Beautiful” Coke commercial. I mean REALLY pissed off! Big vote for WORST commercial.

12 posted on February 2, 2014 at 11:18:55 PM EST by Sideshow Bob

To: Sideshow Bob
    Same here.

15 posted on February 2, 2014 at 11:20:37 PM EST by cuban leaf

To: Sideshow Bob
    The muzzie part of that ad was even worse than the foreign languages. The Coca Cola suits need to get the message loud and clear that mooselimbs are the enemy and that diversity is perversity. Real Americans should boycott all of their products including the Minute Maid brand.

18 posted on February 2, 2014 at 11:24:10 PM EST by re_nortex (DP - that's what I like about Texas)

To: cuban leaf; Sideshow Bob
    Here too. Even Hubby was fuming, and since his stroke he doesn’t care about much of anything.

19 posted on February 2, 2014 at 11:24:52 PM EST by BykrBayb (Somewhere, my flower is there. ~ Þ)

To: Sideshow Bob
    Agreed. More PC slop from the media.

23 posted on February 2, 2014 at 11:25:50 PM EST by rdl6989

To: Sideshow Bob
    Just watched the Coke ad. Think I’ll drink Pepsi tomorrow.

24 posted on February 2, 2014 at 11:25:53 PM EST by PAR35

To: re_nortex
    Sing the song in English - even (especially??) if their speech is accented heavily with their native language.
    25 posted on February 2, 2014 at 11:27:59 PM EST by Sideshow Bob
    To: Sideshow Bob
    our entire household had a negative reaction to that commercial... as far as the Maserati ad, a few in our house thought it was a going to be a commercial about anti-bullying...

31 posted on February 2, 2014 at 11:36:02 PM EST by latina4dubya (when i have money i buy books... if i have anything left, i buy 6-inch heels and a bottle of wine...)

To: Sideshow Bob
    Yep...I didn’t like that one at all.

33 posted on February 2, 2014 at 11:39:57 PM EST by Girlene (Hey, NSA!)

To: Clint N. Suhks
    I did not watch the game nor the commercials.

But so many seem offended by the multi-language Coke commercial. Was this the same Coke comemrcial that showed the gay couple skating? I’d be infinitely more offended by that than what language they were speaking.

34 posted on February 2, 2014 at 11:49:17 PM EST by steve86 (Some things aren't really true but you wouldn't be half surprised if they were.)

To: steve86
    Yes, that’s the one. And yes, that was the worst part of a commercial that went out of its way to be offensive on many levels.

36 posted on February 2, 2014 at 11:58:52 PM EST by BykrBayb (Somewhere, my flower is there. ~ Þ)

To: Sideshow Bob
    Me too. I was REALLY pissed off at it. I never drink soda, but that makes me want to start boycotting Coke.

38 posted on February 3, 2014 at 12:19:14 AM EST by ProtectOurFreedom

To: ProtectOurFreedom
    And here's the part that really chaps me. Coke airs an offensive ad. Conservatives are the only ones smart enough to recognize the offense and the liberal blogosphere immediately demonstrate their own "tolerance" by calling conservatives intolerant, stupid, racist, bigots for taking offense.

42 posted on February 3, 2014 at 12:51:47 AM EST by Sideshow Bob