View Diary: 3 banksters in 6 days found dead (320 comments)

•  Absolutely, everyone is entitled to be an asshole (5+ / 0-)
    doc2, murrayewv, mconvente, mattc129, sviscusi

that doesn't mean you should though

•  I see you're here for the sanctimony. (2+ / 0-)
      Sandino, AoT

Legal means "good".
      [41984 | Feb 4, 2005]

by xxdr zombiexx on Mon Feb 03, 2014 at 05:56:22 AM PST

•  Yeah. We're so fucking sensitive about pixels (9+ / 0-)

on a screen, a handful of words that say mean things. But when millions of people's lives are wrecked by a handful of bastards and they go to some lonely place and blow their brains out because their families, their employees, their businesses, their communities, their lives are ruined, the outrage seems so much less. As if the victims of the financial crisis are just statistics on a sheet--but three bankers who kill themselves are individuals we should care about.

I tried to go online to find a similar bear head...but when I searched “Big Bear Head” it gave me a San Diego craigslist ad entitled “Big Bear needs some quick head now” and then I just decided to never go on the internet again.--Jenny Lawson

by SouthernLiberalinMD on Mon Feb 03, 2014 at 06:30:07 AM PST

•  One of these guys was nothing more than (12+ / 0-)

and IT specialist, as pointed out below. One was an economist who had nothing to do with the actual running of ANY bank.  So I'll keep my sanctimony and you can  keep your reactionary hatefulness to any one of the millions of people who happen to have their job subsumed under the title finance. Is it a deal and does it include the fucking janitors who work at these banks to. I mean technically it could be finance. Man if Paul Krugman would die and can't imagine the kind of party you would throw. Another bankster dead.

•  When people's lives are ruined, (2+ / 0-)
          AoT, Dianna

and they have no recourse, and nobody gives a shit (including about the large numbers of the victims who blow their brains out or leap off a high place or OD) and after this has gone on for years with nothing but "eat your peas" coming down from high places in the public sector and "so long, suckers!" coming down from high places in the private sector, you can expect a certain amount of hate. Hate is a fairly normal reaction to unprovoked destruction of one's life and future. What's remarkable here is that the vast majority of Americans restrict the expression of that hate to words. And I fucking salute them for so restricting it. My people, who have more civic responsibility and decency in their little fucking toe than the financial sector has in its entirety.

by SouthernLiberalinMD on Mon Feb 03, 2014 at 08:23:48 AM PST

•  Just start your own blog called Bluestate where (3+ / 0-)
            bogieshadow, doc2, sviscusi

you and your fellow travellers on here can engage in all the false dichotomies, all the you're either with or against us nonsense, all the hateful violent rhetoric etc. I point you  to Redstate for some tips.

•  "Fellow _travellers_????" (4+ / 0-)
              Betty Pinson, mkor7, Sandino, run around

Holy fucking shit, you're redbaiting, aren't you?

For your information, the financial sector is much more invested in a Marxist narrative of history than I am. It contains many elements they like. The zero-sum game, the war narrative, all power ending up in the hands of one class, political decisions shoved down people's throats--all that is great for them. Their only problem with Marx's narrative is that they want the other side to win.

by SouthernLiberalinMD on Mon Feb 03, 2014 at 09:12:42 AM PST

•  I, on the other hand, prefer a narrative (1+ / 0-)
              Sandino

in which survival and prosperity is maximized. So, not really a Marxist, no.

by SouthernLiberalinMD on Mon Feb 03, 2014 at 09:13:47 AM PST

•  That's more appropriate for your pack (2+ / 0-)
              SouthernLiberalinMD, Sandino

A counterpart to RedState where you can wave the flag, rhapsodize about the brilliance of DLC/Third Way political leadership in DC and engage in caveman-like political histrionics that match the right wing, void of any intelligent discussion of issues or public policy.   A blue propaganda machine.   Great idea, go for it.

Money is property, not speech. Overturn Citizens United.

by Betty Pinson on Mon Feb 03, 2014 at 09:18:59 AM PST

•  Freaking unbelievable. (2+ / 0-)
                Sandino, Betty Pinson

I think I'll stand with this guy. Or, well, with the guy this actor is portraying.

by SouthernLiberalinMD on Mon Feb 03, 2014 at 10:04:31 AM PST

•  Maybe I can expect a certain amount of hate. (7+ / 0-)

But I'm sure not going to approve a hate that cheers a suicide of the guy in the IT department, or another guy who built economic models for the Federal Reserve Bank in St. Louis.

Whenever I see a post like yours, I wonder, "who shouldn't be hated, then?"   But there's lots of people who think politics is about hating people and are sold on the power of hatred.

The dossier on my DKos activities during the Bush administration will be presented on February 3, 2014.

by Inland on Mon Feb 03, 2014 at 10:08:19 AM PST

•  I note your deep moral repugnance (1+ / 0-)
              WattleBreakfast

at the fact that people who have lost their homes, their jobs, and their democracy have made some snarky and even spiteful comments about people who work in the financial sector.

I'm sure that those snarky or even spiteful comments are recorded in heaven as sins of the first order, while driving millions more people into hunger is just a thing.

by SouthernLiberalinMD on Mon Feb 03, 2014 at 11:27:58 AM PST

•  I note your army of strawmen deployed (2+ / 0-)
                Scioto, sviscusi

in a defense of hating people for no better reason than....well, you really didn't give a reason, and sadly, I don't think you need one.

You're just one of those people who are sold on the power of hatred.

by Inland on Mon Feb 03, 2014 at 11:31:05 AM PST

•  You're essentially standing on a soapbox (0+ / 0-)

shouting HATE HATE HATE at me because you can't counter a single one of my substantive points.

In fact, I don't actually hate the three people who killed themselves. I just don't blame people who do hate them, given that those people have been abused beyond endurance by the financial sector and their friends/defenders in DC. As I said above, it's actually pretty normal to hate people who have driven you and your kids out of your homes and into poverty. And I'm certainly not going to join the sanctimonious bandwagon of prole-blaming that's going on here, hiding an apologia for bankers behind a supposed expression of individual morality.

by SouthernLiberalinMD on Mon Feb 03, 2014 at 11:52:55 AM PST

•  It's actually not normal. (1+ / 0-)
                    Scioto
                    It's not normal to blame a bank IT guy, an economist from the Federal Reserve, for anything.

Anyway, there's no much difference between hating on them and announcing it to be "normal" assuming that all sorts of other people do.

It's more like blaming you for what you say.  Leave the poor proletariat out of it.  You don't speak for them.

by Inland on Mon Feb 03, 2014 at 12:05:32 PM PST

•  Well, that's a bit tangled. (0+ / 0-)

Since what you're blaming me for saying is that I don't object to people making snarky, spiteful or angry comments about the suicide of people in the financial sector.

I'm assuming, perhaps wrongly, that the people making those snarky, spiteful, or angry comments are not members of the 1% aka the investment class, and that they likely work for their livings--if they can.

If they're all angry investment-class folks who are outraged at the immoral behavior of their fellow rich people, I (rather happily, actually) stand corrected, and will (again happily) leave the proletariat out of it.

And by the way, no, I don't speak for the proletariat--I don't have to, since they made the comments themselves. Which is what started this piefight.

by SouthernLiberalinMD on Mon Feb 03, 2014 at 12:32:10 PM PST

•  (....) (1+ / 0-)
                        sviscusi
                        What's tangled is blaming the IT guy and the Federal Reserve economist for the sins of the "financial sector", and hating on them at the point of their deaths.

You have to have a pretty tangled morality to come up with that one as "unobjectionable" or "normal".  It's neither. It's morally bankrupt, inhumane and kinda creepy to see you take to it like a duck takes to water.

Strange, I saw a few comments on a blog...and you assumed they were proles?   Huh.  Well, if that's all you need to find it cool, then, why not make it up?  Alls well that lets people enjoy a few suicides, right?

by Inland on Mon Feb 03, 2014 at 02:16:10 PM PST

•  Wish we could see more outrage here (4+ / 0-)

about the tragic lives of working class people who have been dealing with horrific, unrelenting pressure since the economic crash of 2008.

Let's try to keep raising awareness here at DKos of the needless suffering all people are dealing with as a result of capitalism run amok.

Money is property, not speech. Overturn Citizens United.

by Betty Pinson on Mon Feb 03, 2014 at 09:02:24 AM PST

•  I agree. Maybe a diary series. (2+ / 0-)
          Betty Pinson, Sandino

Maybe Joe or Joanne might be interested in pursuing this.

by SouthernLiberalinMD on Mon Feb 03, 2014 at 09:14:41 AM PST

• Texas (20)
  • Labor (19)
  • 2016 (19)
  • Environment (19)
  • Politics (18)
  • Media (17)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site