View Diary: RKBA: Wendy Davis (481 comments)

•  When I read "open carry"... (3+ / 0-)
    murrayewv, oldpotsmuggler, 88kathy

...I can't help but think "terrorist" or "jihadist".  Officers of the law and military personnel participating in parades excepted, of course.

"Life is the crummiest book I ever read - there isn't a hook, just a lot of cheap shots, pictures to shock, and characters an amateur would never dream up." - Bad Religion

by TheOrchid on Thu Feb 06, 2014 at 12:59:29 PM PST

•  Wow, awesome way to start a totally (16+ / 0-)

respectful dialogue, wherein everybody sees eye to eye and treats one another with respect.

Not.

There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap box, ballot box, jury box and ammo box. Use in that order.

by Crookshanks on Thu Feb 06, 2014 at 01:01:24 PM PST

•  It's at least as respectful . . . (5+ / 0-)

. . . as you carrying your weapon openly in public.

by TheOrchid on Thu Feb 06, 2014 at 02:36:20 PM PST

•  You're equating a holstered firearm to calling (5+ / 0-)

someone a terrorist?  Seriously?

One person is minding his own business, the other person pulls out an insult that's nearly as loaded as the N-word, and you equate the two?

Do you know ANYTHING about the open carrier?  Might he be law enforcement?  Did that thought ever occur to you, or do you just see a firearm and freak out?

FYI: I don't engage in open carry, so your insults there are wasted on me, but they sure do reveal a lot about your character.

by Crookshanks on Thu Feb 06, 2014 at 08:03:10 PM PST

•  That's ok. When I hear "assault weapons ban" (13+ / 0-)

I can't help but think of people who are so afraid of their own shadows, that firearms used in less deaths than hands and feet*  must be banned.

*Assault weapons under the 94 AWB are used less often than personal weapons (hands, feet, etc) to kill per FBI statistics.

•  That's ok. When I hear "I need to carry a gun on (4+ / 1-)
        oldpotsmuggler, 88kathy, ThatSinger, cal2010
        Hidden by:
        Tom Seaview

me at all times" I can't help but think fuck, what a goddamn fucking coward, what a paranoid pantophobic freak, so afraid of everything and everyone they have to have a gun on them at all times.
           I happen to be a bit of a gun nut but nothing scares me more than a nut with a gun. I really don't care as much about assault weapons as I do handguns. At least if I see a freak with an AR-15 walking my way I know he's a fucking freak with a damn gun and to steer clear of his freak ass.
           But pantophobic freaks and cowards hiding shit upon their person like the ones I have run into here in this gun filled pit of hell make me want to do one thing- go get myself a damn gun. I even did at one point not long back but came to the conclusion that in doing so it just makes myself a bigger coward than the cowards that made me feel the need to.
          Never been a damn coward, never been a bully, my balls came attached at birth, I didn't need to buy mine and damn sure wasn't going to start being either this late in life. Gave the damn things away, both to women who have ex issues, people that truly need them because of their situation, not some grown damn man with hero illusions.
           The responsible law abiding gun carried concealed piece of shit that pulled his gun and stuck it in my face that prompted such drastic action on my part shot three people three weeks later, killing two. The one that lived was shot 11 times IIRC.
           Over a fucking roll of duct tape that a neighbor didn't return.
           How many more idiots were given this right to carry? Plenty.
           Are you one?
           No way of telling. And that is the problem, no way of knowing until when? As you are laying there on the ground leaking from 11 holes in you? This simple minded fuck stuck a gun in my face for confronting him about the KKK bullshit that I saw him put under my windshield. Really? I mean fucking really? We created cowards that can have the balls to go put shit like that on strangers cars but bitch up when caught? Cowards that do this shit armed?
           I saw a comment by one of you, you know who you are, that you carry because you have a child and young wife. I had a child, killed by a coward piece of shit with a gun. My wife isn't young, she's disabled and black- how, sir, would YOU take it catching some idiot putting KKK shit referring to Asians under your windshield? would you approach them at all? Would you shoot them with your concealed weapon? Leave it be?
           All are choices, personally I am sick and tired of the shit the KKK has been pulling around here, I chose to say something and not sit idly by as they would prefer it. Sad thing is, had that piece of crap shot me that night, just as you RKBA'ers hero worship George Zimmerman and his "innocence" this dickhead would have been hero worshiped as well, my record for weed from decades ago would've come up, it would have been his word against my dead ass and he'd have walked.
           Well he's walking now, straight to death row, fuck him and anyone even remotely resembling him.

I can't help but think of people who are so afraid of their own shadows
          Yeah dude, I can't either.
           The opinion given above is solely that of it's writer and no way represents anyone but it's writer.
           Do me proud, flame away.
           Bet money if we were in person one of you'd be bent enough to shoot. But do what you do best, I don't care about your HR's. What I do care about is other parents not having to deal with their kid shot full of holes and am and will fight vote, and support anything and anyone anti gun at any cost, period.

Be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

by teabaggerssuckbalz on Thu Feb 06, 2014 at 05:42:07 PM PST

•  I won't flame you (5+ / 0-)

That was pretty epic.

I blog about my daughter with autism at her website

by coquiero on Thu Feb 06, 2014 at 06:18:17 PM PST

•  Cowards will not address one damn bit of substance (4+ / 0-)
            88kathy, ThatSinger, cal2010, jqb

only verbiage and context and even my screen name. Wow. What I see is what I have always seen out of RKBA, gang mentality.

I can't help but think of people who are so afraid of their own shadows
              Sucks to have the obvious pointed out, does it not? The audacity to infer cowardice to those opposed to assault weapons based on exactly what? Your hatred of those opposed to assault weapons. Nothing more, nothing less.
               Afraid of their own shadows? Call it ranting, call it raving, but scared of something is exactly why those who carry do. Can anyone say differently?
               As I said, I would bet money that in person one would want to shoot from mere words exchanged, i'm guessing from the years of reading their drivel that there are 4 or 5 that would pull a Michael Dunne, the 'loud music killer' (from where...right here in Gun Central, of course.) or Curtis Reeves, the "popcorn killer' (from right here in also, of course) and shoot.
               Hard to speak on the subject of guns to someone dead set against them and vice versa, may as well be I/P issues. I have a real simple question though, if any of you can answer it it may even sway me to believe all of this NRA drivel...
               Traditionally liberals fought and hard for the issues that affected the common good. We fought for what benefitted us all as a nation. You can put women's rights, gay rights, civil rights, voters rights, workers rights, environmental issues, along with many others.
               Name one single thing you feel guns being carried around does to benefit us as being for the common good as a community, as a society, as a nation?

Be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

by teabaggerssuckbalz on Fri Feb 07, 2014 at 03:18:42 AM PST

•  Defense and self and community. n/t (1+ / 0-)
              Tom Seaview

by Crookshanks on Fri Feb 07, 2014 at 08:01:04 AM PST

•  Really? So you're protecting the community? Yeah, (3+ / 0-)
                coquiero, ThatSinger, cal2010

I can tell. Society may be better served being protected from vigilantism and self appointed protectors. One man army I presume?

Be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

by teabaggerssuckbalz on Sat Feb 08, 2014 at 05:10:41 AM PST

•  Self-defense and defense of others is not (4+ / 0-)

vigilantism, unless you believe that one is supposed to lay back and not put up a fight while one is being assaulted or is witnessing a third party being assaulted.

vig·i·lan·te  (vĭj′ə-lăn′tē)
                  n.
                  1. One who takes or advocates the taking of law enforcement into one's own hands.
                  self-de·fense (sĕlf′dĭ-fĕns′)
                  n.
                  1. Defense of oneself when physically attacked: took a course in self-defense.
                  2. Defense of what belongs to oneself, as one's works or reputation.
                  3. Law The right to protect oneself against violence or threatened violence with whatever force or means are reasonably necessary.
                  There's light years of space between legitimate self-defense and vigilantism.

by Crookshanks on Sat Feb 08, 2014 at 07:48:47 AM PST

•  Involving ones self in an assault of ones self or (1+ / 0-)
                    cal2010

third party is self preservation, self defense, human instinct and common sense.

Been there done that many many times- without a gun. Funny that innuendo/insinuation came out. My feelings toward people carrying handguns was formed not out of some perception but how my personal interaction with the ones that I have had actual experience with.
                       All three incidents were exactly that, my standing up for myself or someone else that could not. Lay back and do nothing isn't and has never been my MO.
                       The first incident ended with a responsible law abiding gun carrier sticking a gun in my face for daring confront him about the racist KKK shit he'd just placed upon my vehicle. The police let him leave with his gun.
                       The second incident I stepped in a situation where some idiot was throwing a temper tantrum and scaring the shit out of the cashier behind the counter of a business I frequent. After physically tossing his big ass out police were called and sures as shit, he was out in his truck with his equalizer. The police let him leave with his gun.
                       The third incident I just happened to drive up as this fool was sticking his finger all up in an older gentlemans face, screaming all sorts of insane shit in front of about 10-12 grown ass men who for whatever reason chose to stand by and say and do nothing. I did. I made the comment that I'd bet the only reason he was out screaming and acting a total ass in front of so many people was because he MUST be packing. He was. Even had to brag about what make and model. No cops were called.
                       The fourth incident I had just given a homeless kid food and money and was talking to him when some camo wearing fat greasy piece of shit redneck apparently felt that my doing so was wrong and came up from behind me screaming at not only this homeless kid, but me as well. When he got too close physically and was warned to back off or I'd be left with no choice but defend myself of course, what came out? Go ahead big boy, I got a gun... The police informed me that his insinuation didn't constitute a treat, he left with his gun.
                       Question is- would any single one of these incidents even been an incident had these fools not had their gun on them or near by? I think not. I think the only reason that ANY one of them happened at at was their knowledge of the gun hidden on their person or nearby vehicle was what emboldened them to say or act in the way that they did.
                       Like Dunns stupid lily white ass pulling up beside a car full of black kids he knows nothing about and begin his tirade about loud music.
                       Like Reeves insane ass stalking total strangers in movie theaters and confronting them for texting.
                       Those you can (and I am sure will claim) are not representative as being typical gun carriers. Problem is they represent every damn one of the ones in this area that I have had some sort of interaction with. The idiot that actually stuck his in my face went on to shoot three neighbors, killing two just 3 weeks later over a roll of duct tape he claims they didn't return.
                       Given the demeanor, attitude and showing out of the other three incidents I'd say it's a safe bet that I will see the those idiots in the news in the future for pulling a Dunn/Zimmerman/Reeves move on someone.
                       Every one of those three idiots named above lived very close by, you know the GZ outcome. You see Dunn on trial now, but wait until you get a load of the one who shot up the neighbors, he claims that the Bush Doctrine applies in his defense. I'm certain his trial will make headlines soon as well.
                       You can say that they are not representative of you but they represent handgun carriers right here in central Florida and every one that I personally had interaction with.
                       Not a damn one of them should ever have been allowed to own a gun, let alone carry it around but yet they were and yet they did what they did simply because having that gun gave them the balls to do, speak, behave, and act in the manner in which they did.
                       Nothing more, nothing less.
                       Duct tape? Popcorn? Loud music? Helping a homeless kid? Trying to return a $7 item without a receipt?

Be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

by teabaggerssuckbalz on Sun Feb 09, 2014 at 04:23:36 AM PST

•  Exactly. (2+ / 0-)
              theatre goon, Crookshanks
              Some of us do fight for the rights of the innocent. Others seek to control them, and in the process get relegated to the dustbin of history.

Your viewpoint is a political dinosaur.
              Enjoy spending time with women controllers, gay controllers, civil controllers, voters controllers & worker controllers.

Those who would sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.

by FrankRose on Fri Feb 07, 2014 at 06:03:02 PM PST

•  You cowardly bastard! (1+ / 0-)
          Tom Seaview

Take off that seat belt, throw away that fire extinguisher, take that spare tire out of your trunk and throw it in the ditch!

•  And yet I'm not so afraid that I feel the need to (3+ / 0-)
        coquiero, cal2010, jqb

be armed with one...

Funny how that works, in't it?

Baby, where I come from...

by ThatSinger on Fri Feb 07, 2014 at 01:30:33 PM PST

•  Open carry.... (10+ / 0-)

makes me want to leave the presence of this individual and any business they are currently patronizing.

You shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you mad. Aldous Huxley

by murrayewv on Thu Feb 06, 2014 at 01:03:49 PM PST

•  No doubt you do. (3+ / 0-)
      Crookshanks, gerrilea, theatre goon