View Diary: Two Disastrous Programs Collide: Drone Assassination & NSA Mass Surveillance (141 comments)

•  is that your own misinformation campaign? (3+ / 0-)
    4kedtongue, cybrestrike, gerrilea

Growth for the sake of growth is the ideology of the cancer cell. --Edward Abbey

by greenbastard on Mon Feb 10, 2014 at 11:45:00 AM PST

•  I'm quoting from your link. (0+ / 0-)

Apology accepted.

The dossier on my DKos activities during the Bush administration will be presented on February 3, 2014.

by Inland on Mon Feb 10, 2014 at 12:37:54 PM PST

•  I recommend anyone interested read the links (4+ / 0-)

and your clear attempt to distort by omission, and judge your opinions accordingly for as long as they see you on DKOS.

by greenbastard on Mon Feb 10, 2014 at 01:04:12 PM PST

•  "So they may be true". (0+ / 0-)

I suggest that you read the links, since you clearly had no idea where I got the phrase from.

The dossier on my DKos activities during the Bush administration will be presented on February 3, 2014, with an appendix consisting an adjudication, dated "a long time ago", that I am Wrong.

by Inland on Mon Feb 10, 2014 at 01:14:57 PM PST

•  priceless (3+ / 0-)
            4kedtongue, DeadHead, Don midwest

by greenbastard on Mon Feb 10, 2014 at 01:29:50 PM PST

•  No, it was free. All you had to do was read it. (0+ / 0-)

Instead of making me be the first one to actually LOOK at your links.

by Inland on Mon Feb 10, 2014 at 01:38:34 PM PST

•  Pointless to continue. (4+ / 0-)

Just smile and allow those who happen upon this thread to follow the links and make their own determinations.  Obviously, Inland is willfully disregarding the 'distort by omission' portion of your comment, and, as usual, is hung up on some infinitesimally incosequential rhetorical flourish which amounts to little more than saying that someone should have used a semicolon rather than a comma in a sentence, so the entire novel is a piece of shit.  He will never tire of this tactic.

all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed.

by 4kedtongue on Mon Feb 10, 2014 at 01:40:32 PM PST

•  "So it may be true". (0+ / 0-)

I suggest that if the author didn't mean that, she shouldn't be cited as authority.

And of course, you then go to your usual completely made up reasons why nobody should, well, I won't say listen to me because it's empty wheel.

Frankly, I'd be glad if people just let my comments speak for themselves, just as I wish they'd let emptywheel speak for herself.   You're really not necessary.

Oh, and good luck with the whole people making their own determinations stuff.  I'm pretty you know that's not going well, for the reasons I've already stated.

by Inland on Mon Feb 10, 2014 at 02:09:03 PM PST

•  Yes, Inland... (4+ / 0-)
                  divineorder, DeadHead, BradyB, Don midwest

...we all know that's why you linked to the NYT's article which emptywheel critiques in what greenbastard links to.  I suppose greenbastard just beat you to the punch there.

I can't help it if your comments often need to be translated from Newspeak to English.

;-)

by 4kedtongue on Mon Feb 10, 2014 at 02:25:36 PM PST

•  I have no idea what you're trying to say. (0+ / 0-)

But if you believe you're needed to "translate" a statement like "So they may be true", I suggest you might re-think your reference to 1984.  Those people who you pretend to want to make their own determinations?  They'll see right through you.

;]