View Diary: Fate Of NJ And NYC To Be Decided By Appeals Court (40 comments)

•  Up here in Maine, in the Belfast area, there was a (9+ / 0-)

Spectra gas pipe accident about six weeks ago that released about 26 pipe-miles from the line.  No fire, although the sound of the rupture was heard for tens of miles.  All very under the radar.  It was in a sparsely populated area and, as I say, no fire, so it slipped by the public consciousness.

The point is it happens to Spectra, and it's not a rare occurrence.

"Well, yeah, the Constitution is worth it if you succeed." - Nancy Pelosi, 6/30/07 // "Succeed?" At what?

by nailbender on Wed Feb 12, 2014 at 03:56:15 PM PST

•  Thanks Nailbender. (1+ / 0-)
      nailbender

I'm in the White Mountains area (practically right next door), and even I didn't hear about that pipeline rupture.

You know spectra hushed that up, with this case being heard Thursday.

I'd read they wanted to put this pipeline in Maine, but didn't know they already had.

They plan on putting this spectra pipeline all over the East Coast. I read that somewhere too.

I'm adding a link to my diary. Thanks again Nailbender.

Brought To You By That Crazed Sociologist/Media Fanatic rebel ga Be The Change You Want To See In The World! Gandhi

by rebel ga on Wed Feb 12, 2014 at 04:09:58 PM PST

•  I should have posted it earlier. I wasn't aware of (1+ / 0-)
        rebel ga

that decision looming.

by nailbender on Wed Feb 12, 2014 at 04:28:52 PM PST

•  Neither was I Nailbender. (0+ / 0-)

I knew about the case, but not when it would be heard.

Since it's been over a year since the case was filed, I kept looking on nj.com for when it was coming up. Knew it had to be soon.

There has been no previous news about when the case was going to be heard.

I just saw this Monday, or I would have been posting more, sooner too.

by rebel ga on Wed Feb 12, 2014 at 04:50:43 PM PST

•  We actually shut Spectra out of another project (5+ / 0-)

they were shooting for in this area, a mega-storage tank for LPG at Mack Point in Searsport.  It would have been a tank as big a 14 story building, right on Penobscot Bay.  Talk about a target for terrorism!

We beat them on that one, so it's not impossible.

by nailbender on Wed Feb 12, 2014 at 04:50:41 PM PST

•  That's great Nailbender. (0+ / 0-)

Hopefully, New Jersey will beat them too.

by rebel ga on Wed Feb 12, 2014 at 04:52:47 PM PST