View Diary: Nebraska judge calls law that let governor approve Keystone XL pipeline route unconstitutional (93 comments)

•  I would think that this ruling would (6+ / 0-)

make everything suspect and require an evaluation of every proposed route of the pipeline and state legislation that has allowed it.

If the Koch brothers pushed unconstitutional legislation in Nebraska, I can't help but wonder if they have done so elsewhere.

I don't see how the State Department can ignore this court ruling, but then what do I know.

There is something in us that refuses to be regarded as less than human. We are created for freedom - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

by Onomastic on Wed Feb 19, 2014 at 03:36:35 PM PST

•  You know a lot. n/t (1+ / 0-)
      Onomastic

I MISS CACTUSGAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by rubyr on Wed Feb 19, 2014 at 06:47:04 PM PST

•  Only if "know" means learning all the time. :) (1+ / 0-)
        rubyr

by Onomastic on Thu Feb 20, 2014 at 05:26:27 AM PST

•  Well, what else is knowing? :-) (1+ / 0-)
          Onomastic

I MISS CACTUSGAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by rubyr on Thu Feb 20, 2014 at 06:12:34 AM PST

•  Yep, but too may of us don't get that. (1+ / 0-)
            rubyr

One of the most freeing things about hitting my thirties was realizing just how much I did not know. That freed me to embrace my perpetual ignorance and become a life long learner. And I love it!

There are few things that really drive me batty, but right at the top of the list are those who are convinced that they know everything and don't have anything to learn.

There's a self righteous arrogance to it that I've seen on all sides of the political spectrum and it is deadly.

by Onomastic on Thu Feb 20, 2014 at 06:38:18 AM PST

•  I could not agree more, deadly: (1+ / 0-)
              Onomastic
              "...those who are convinced that they know everything and don't        have anything to learn."

I MISS CACTUSGAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by rubyr on Thu Feb 20, 2014 at 07:14:49 AM PST

•  Knew you would. (1+ / 0-)
                rubyr

We'll just keep on keeping on. :)

by Onomastic on Thu Feb 20, 2014 at 07:21:08 AM PST

•  Yep. :-) I've been thinking a lot lately about (1+ / 0-)
                  Onomastic

how utterly weird and impossibly difficult this world would be right now if we didn't all have each other to learn from, bounce ideas off of, get sympathy, support and kindness from, and on and on.

Even in NYC, alleged bastion of liberalism, there are no people (outside of RL GOS friends) in my immediate life that care about the things that, we of like mind, care about on this site, at least not to the degree that we do. People just live their lives and it takes a lot of energy to do that here.

I MISS CACTUSGAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by rubyr on Thu Feb 20, 2014 at 08:09:49 AM PST

•  It takes a great deal of energy to "live life" (1+ / 0-)
                    rubyr

anywhere these days for most of us.

As much as some of what goes on in this site can be maddening sometimes, it's the good people working so hard on the ground and at getting the word out that give me hope.

And hope is invaluable. Cynicism paralyzes. Hope energizes. It's a crucial distinction if we really are fighting for the changes we claim to value.

by Onomastic on Thu Feb 20, 2014 at 08:22:27 AM PST

•  And now you're really making me smile. : ) (2+ / 0-)
      Eric Nelson, Onomastic

I have to sign off.  BUt I'm going to sleep better tonight.  The fight isn't over, but this is really good news.

--------------------- “These are troubling times. Corporation are treated like people. People are treated like things. …And if we ever needed to vote, we sure do need to vote now.” -- Rev. Dr. William J. Barber

by Fiona West on Wed Feb 19, 2014 at 09:15:26 PM PST