View Diary: Guardian: GCHQ w/NSA’s “Aid,” “…intercepted webcam images of millions of Yahoo users...” (155 comments)

•  STAY ON FUCKING MESSAGE. (4+ / 0-)

Stop it.  Not funny.  Not now.  This is a huge story and you guys want to make penis jokes that take up the first half of the comment section.

LOL DICK SHOTS!!!  LMFAO!!!  (Wait, they did what?)  PENISSS LOLOL!!!!  (They spied on my family in my house?)  COCKS ON CAMERA!!!!!!   BWAHAHQAHAHAHAA!!!!  (Are they taking pic/video using my cell phone cameras?)

•  I see. (15+ / 0-)

So you have a way of solving this problem, such that there will be no need to engage in black humor about a situation that, regardless of our "efforts," will grow increasingly totalitarian over time.

Excellent!  We'd all like to know what it is.  Carry on.

"As long as capitalist property relations are safe from critical questioning, any economics will do." -- Kees van der Pijl

by Cassiodorus on Thu Feb 27, 2014 at 10:19:18 AM PST

•  The solution is obvious Cass: (11+ / 0-)

Weaponized caps locks.

When you triangulate everything, you can't even roll downhill...

by PhilJD on Thu Feb 27, 2014 at 10:26:37 AM PST

•  Each caps lock button should come with... (6+ / 0-)

...tiny Taser electrodes...

⚡⚡⚡⚡

"No, Bill. What's nuts is the fact that you think that's nuts." - Greenwald explaining Snowden to Bill Maher.

by 3rdOption on Thu Feb 27, 2014 at 10:32:56 AM PST

•  OR PENISES!! LOLOL! (2+ / 0-)
            3rdOption, lunachickie

aM i DOING IT RIGHT?

Have we taken up the first half of the comment section yet?  Cuz that's our goal, amiright compadre?

Got a recipe we can throw into this time wasting wall of text?  It'll really help destroy any meaningful conversation down below.  We don't want the peoples to read anything but penis jokes and recipes baby.

And walls of text.

And text.

And text.

C0CKS!

And text.

What the fuck were we talking about again?  I don't know.  I'm bored.  Gonna go back to the front page or another website.

You hungry?  I'm hungry.

Damn, I gotta pee.

You tired?  Man I'm exhausted.

Don't forget PENIS!!!

Distraction what?  You crazy cap lockin wall o' text boy!  Woosh.  Go to another page.  your bored.  and sleepy. and hungry.

Gotta pee.

Ignore that diary above.  Nothing to see below.

Keep reading this garbage.  Or click on another link.

Nothing to see here.  Move along.

That's our goal.

We all like goals right?

.  That period means I'm done.  ONE EYED MONSTER$!!!

•  If you click "shrink"... (6+ / 0-)

{insert penis joke of your choosing}

then this black humor thread is relatively short, and those of us concerned with this issue (I was going to diary about it if no one else had already) will just scroll right past it to the substantial content below.

If you view these comment sections expanded, how do you keep track of anything in them?

by 3rdOption on Thu Feb 27, 2014 at 11:11:41 AM PST

•  Back to the topic. (1+ / 0-)
                3rdOption

Please dear reader, move on from this thread.  We are not going to go into shrink vs. expanded view, pros and cons, and how reading in shrink view makes penis jokes much easier to digest.

•  Yeah, the topic is: (6+ / 0-)

the spies have won, and we're all waiting for you to tell us what the solution is so that we can quit with the black humor.

by Cassiodorus on Thu Feb 27, 2014 at 11:31:36 AM PST

•  You're right. (0+ / 0-)

Make penis jokes while you can.  After being enslaved we can all think back about those penis jokes we made instead of fighting for our Democracy.  We'll be so proud.

Or perhaps I'm just being dramatic.  You guys like drama?  Netflix has some great stuff recently.  Damn man I'm tired.  You guys hungry?  Why do I always have to pee once I sit at the computer?  I should go make some coffee.  This thread is really boring, gonna click a new link.  Hey a penis joke.  Hey its another 'I give in, they won, let's eat drink and be merry' comment.  Don't resist.  Just give in and have fun.  Relax.  Why you so uptight dude.  This guy is really an asshole.  Don't listen to teh guy that overuses his CAPS LOCK button (cuz only idiots use those)!!  You hungry brother?  I am.  What time is it anyway.  Shouldn't I be doing something else?  Why am I still reading this moron?

•  Of course we like drama. (2+ / 0-)
                      gooderservice, 3rdOption

Why else would we be here?

by Cassiodorus on Thu Feb 27, 2014 at 12:03:52 PM PST

•  Your (Freudian) slip is showing (3+ / 0-)
                      gooderservice, k9disc, 3rdOption
                      Feel free at any point, now, to explain to the readers here what "fighting for our Democracy" would entail, in terms of action and in terms of political organizing, in addressing omnipresent NSA spying, and why it would be effective.

Given that the stated purpose of this blog is that of "more and better spy-managers Democrats," a lot of us are at a loss as regards how to proceed.

by Cassiodorus on Thu Feb 27, 2014 at 12:07:27 PM PST

•  You're right. This isn't the place. (0+ / 0-)

Someone is at the controls of a global internet spy machine that is capable of recording anyone at anytime on any camera/mic, even within homes and bedrooms, and now we have proof of it being used against those that speak out.  Daily Kos isn't the place for such conspiracy talk.  You're right.

You know what?  Mission accomplished.  I'm done.  This account is now officially retired.  GBCW.  I hope you guys decide to act because I'm done.  Good luck talking about more and better Democrats.  A word of advice--  be perfect.  If you're not perfect, good luck having a voice against certain entities.  Avoid any behavior or speech that will get you smeared (because they have it and we now know they'll use it.  Otherwise keep your mouth shut and attempt to deny reality (helps the 'ol stress levels).  Me, I'm gonna take care of my kids and wife and chill.  Good luck to you all.  Speaking out on the internet is frowned upon by the overseers,  so I'm done speaking out.  This is my last transmission.  fearquit

•  Pssst... I do GET it. (0+ / 0-)

Since this is so awful, horrendous, sometimes humor helps us deal with the awful.  Have you not every experienced being so sick over something, that instead of crying over it, you make jokes?

That's what you read in the thread.  People DO get it, people DO understand how horrendous this is, including me.

But if you don't laugh, you cry.

Dallasdoc: "Snowden is the natural successor to Osama bin Laden as the most consequential person in the world, as his actions have the potential to undo those taken in response to Osama."

by gooderservice on Thu Feb 27, 2014 at 05:57:50 PM PST