View Diary: MoveOn targets Republican Governors who decline Obamacare's Medicaid Expansion (poll) (50 comments)

•  May I presume "a corker" is something I could (1+ / 0-)
    occupystephanie

inquire as to the meaning without ending up being embarrassed? :-)

The means is the ends in the process of becoming. - Mahatma Gandhi

by HoundDog on Mon Mar 03, 2014 at 05:06:56 PM PST

•  She was a wonderful woman, full of spirit. (3+ / 0-)
      HoundDog, a2nite, Rosalie907

Her family moved her against her will to a nursing home near them in Nebraska. She hated it there--said she hated the newspaper! She got a friend to move her back to Bonesteel (quite a name, eh?) to an assisted living place where she could walk to the PO every day to get her mail.

When Medicare first rolled out, the Gov tapped her to go around the state and explain it to people. Something we do not have with ACA,

Corker is good!

We have it within our power to make the world over again ~ Thomas Paine

by occupystephanie on Mon Mar 03, 2014 at 05:18:43 PM PST

•  Great. After missing your previous joke I was (1+ / 0-)
        occupystephanie

being extra vigilant. Being a corker must be genetic cuz you seem to have it too. Thanks for commenting.

Sorry, I tried to share with you my 19 rules of punctuation, rather than getting your funny joke about "mistahkes."

But, it is probably good to know about me that this danger always lurks just below the surface with everything I do.

The means is the ends in the process of becoming. - Mahatma Gandhi

by HoundDog on Mon Mar 03, 2014 at 05:56:13 PM PST

•  I'll keep a vigilant eye out on you.., (1+ / 0-)
          HoundDog

Corker that I am.

I am really interested in your 19 rules of punctuation. Really.

I had a fault concerning prepositions so am extra vigilant about them. I will often just do an editing review just for them. Not to say it is my only fault as I am not a Retired English Major either.

(nudge nudge there is one joke up there.)

We have it within our power to make the world over again ~ Thomas Paine

by occupystephanie on Mon Mar 03, 2014 at 06:20:53 PM PST

•  If you'd have given me a Rubic's cube puzzle it (1+ / 0-)
            occupystephanie

would have been easier.

The means is the ends in the process of becoming. - Mahatma Gandhi

by HoundDog on Mon Mar 03, 2014 at 06:55:52 PM PST

•  Retired English Major (1+ / 0-)
              HoundDog

It was lame but still in the genre. Play on words. I'll try to play it broader next time!

As in retired from British military. My minor was writing.

We have it within our power to make the world over again ~ Thomas Paine

by occupystephanie on Mon Mar 03, 2014 at 07:10:51 PM PST

•  LOL. You've got more talent than I do. (1+ / 0-)
                occupystephanie

Writing is fun. Thanks for commenting.

I just watched Bates Motel with my s.o. Now we're watching a new show that comes on afterwards, about a pychopath. It's visually quite vivid, but I haven't figured out the plot yet.

I have trouble focusing just on TV without writing or reading at the same time. It's more like background music for me.

The means is the ends in the process of becoming. - Mahatma Gandhi

by HoundDog on Mon Mar 03, 2014 at 07:19:25 PM PST

•  '(quite a name, eh?)' (0+ / 0-)

'The Bonesteel Corker' looks like somebody's p0Яn name...

♥ Repeal the Capital Gains, Carried Interest & Dividends Entitlements bequeathed to 'more special' taxpayers.

by in on Wed Mar 12, 2014 at 04:58:32 AM PDT

• Spam (24)
  • Congress (23)
  • Education (23)
  • Civil Rights (22)
  • Barack Obama (21)
  • Labor (21)
  • Trans-Pacific Partnership (21)
  • Texas (20)
  • Law (20)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site