View Diary: Obama to Israel: "If not now, when?" (94 comments)

•  "nobody" = bought by corporations who are (1+ / 0-)
    corvo

profiting from Imperialism, & military support to Israel is part of that. Anyone not approved by the banks, etc., gets primaried.

Which is why bottom-up push-back is so important.

The boss needs you, you don't need him. -- France general strike, May 1968

by stargaze on Wed Mar 05, 2014 at 08:21:01 AM PST

•  it is; it's our only hope; but (2+ / 0-)
      stargaze, Johnny Q

it will take generations.  Climate change and the increasing right-radicalization of the Israeli electorate will have solved the problem long before then.

Dogs from the street can have all the desirable qualities that one could want from pet dogs. Most adopted stray dogs are usually humble and exceptionally faithful to their owners as if they are grateful for this kindness. -- H.M. Bhumibol Adulyadej

by corvo on Wed Mar 05, 2014 at 08:23:05 AM PST

•  "will take generations" is a 1% idea (1+ / 0-)
        Brecht

some changes have happened very quickly. Since there's so many more of us than there are of them, they spend a lot of time telling us the status quo is stable, when it certainly isn't.

The boss needs you, you don't need him. -- France general strike, May 1968

by stargaze on Wed Mar 05, 2014 at 09:01:19 AM PST

•  But in I/P (0+ / 0-)

there really aren't more of us than there are of them, certainly not in the USA.

And those changes that have come quickly have been -- surprise! -- those that either don't challenge the 1%, or that the 1% do or can find useful.  Rights for non-heterosexuals, for instance.

by corvo on Wed Mar 05, 2014 at 09:08:45 AM PST

•  I'm thinking more on a class basis (0+ / 0-)

I think income gap is widening in Israel same as many other places. If the people pushing the security machine that keeps so many Palestinians locked up, continual arrests, continual policing -- if Israeli taxpayers revolt at the expense of it all.

Also, yes, odds may be bad. Not trying is worse odds.

The boss needs you, you don't need him. -- France general strike, May 1968

by stargaze on Wed Mar 05, 2014 at 01:54:06 PM PST

•  Well, that's for Israelis to decide. (0+ / 0-)

Not being Israeli, I don't feel especially charged with dictating a resolution to them; in the highly improbable event that any effort of mine were even noticed, no doubt the plan would backfire.  Remember when The Guardian inspired some of its readers to write Ohioans suggesting they not vote for Bush?  The effort increased support for Bush.

by corvo on Wed Mar 05, 2014 at 03:33:44 PM PST

•  It's Palestinians that have asked for solidarity (0+ / 0-)

My solidarity is to say "yes, I believe you" and I tell my legislators to stop spending so much of my taxmoney on military aid to Israel.

Since I also tell legislators to stop spending money for Imperialism of all sorts this isn't much different from what I would already be doing.

Mostly I see myself as countering other USA taxpayers who want to continue this status quo I don't like. I tell them why I  don't agree with their reasons.

The boss needs you, you don't need him. -- France general strike, May 1968