View Diary: Why are so many conservative politicians brandishing guns? (244 comments)

•  Boris49 (1+ / 0-)
    leftykook
    But it really isn't any different than what Mitch is doing…
    Bull shit

And you seem to have missed much of the diaries point with that comment

Also , It does not serve dems to run scared from the gun issue

Beer Drinkers & Hell Raisers

by Patango on Sun Mar 09, 2014 at 09:05:41 AM PDT

•  It's exactly the same as what Mitch is doing (3+ / 0-)
      Boris49, StrayCat, JesseCW

Really, that's not even disputable. Unless you want to cite stories documenting President Obama's deep love of skeet-shooting before he began running for higher office.

We have always been at war with al Qaeda.

by Dallasdoc on Sun Mar 09, 2014 at 09:49:31 AM PDT

•  Obama's (3+ / 0-)
        QuelleC, Larsstephens, Ian Reifowitz

skeet shooting put next to the mountain of GOP gun nut crazy in America is not a "balanced comparison" imo , especially when taken with all the information presented in this diary

I rather liked TPOUS skeet shooting pic because it pissed off the GOP , and it is a great picture for all those who have been hurling death threats at him and his family

Beer Drinkers & Hell Raisers

by Patango on Sun Mar 09, 2014 at 10:09:27 AM PDT

•  It's politicians pandering to gun nuts (2+ / 0-)
          Sharon Wraight, JesseCW

Pardon me, gun "enthusiasts."  Precise equivalency.  Just like other Democratic politicians have been attempting for years.  Your wish to avoid the direct comparison is evident, but not convincing to anyone else who's not so eager to ignore the obvious.

We have always been at war with al Qaeda.

by Dallasdoc on Sun Mar 09, 2014 at 10:15:05 AM PDT

•  I hunt. I target shoot. I know of not one (3+ / 0-)
            Dallasdoc, Patango, Ian Reifowitz

person who ever told me "Oh, I like that politician now because I saw a photo op with him holding a gun".

Don't get me wrong - plenty of right wing fucks like Sarah Palin because she hunts.

But then, you know, she actually hunts.  As stupid and awful as she is, that much is real.

And hunters and shooters know when you're real.  Trying to bullshit us about "shooting varmits" like Romney did doesn't fly.  It was so damned fake it even turned off some of his previous supporters.

What I don't get is why they keep trying.  It doesn't work.

Welcome to the Whole Foods of the blogosphere.

by JesseCW on Sun Mar 09, 2014 at 12:53:16 PM PDT

•  "It's politicians pandering to gun nuts" (1+ / 0-)
            Ian Reifowitz

I disagree , the gun nut crowd will never vote dem , there is no pandering going on

Pardon me, gun "enthusiasts."
            That is like saying anyone who drives is a car enthusiast

Beer Drinkers & Hell Raisers

by Patango on Sun Mar 09, 2014 at 03:45:11 PM PDT

•  But it's more than pandering (1+ / 0-)
        SottoVoce

when the gun is used as a political prop, rather than a hunting/enthusiast prop. One is pandering, the other is something different, as I argued above, relating to the introduction of weaponry into the legislative/electoral process.

That's the difference between McConnell and Obama.