View Diary: Keystone Isn't Any Normal Pipeline (154 comments)

•  Obama's playing rope-a-dope with voters (3+ / 0-)
    lunachickie, divineorder, shaharazade

I don't see any reason for him to drag it out this long except to keep people hoping he'll change what seems to be a preordained outcome.

Obama: self-described Republican; backed up by right-wing policies

by The Dead Man on Fri Mar 07, 2014 at 07:53:45 AM PST

•  I thought so too, except that it's persisted (1+ / 0-)
      divineorder

past the 2012 election.

Sure once I was young and impulsive, I wore every conceivable pin. Even went to socialist meetings, learned all the old union hymns. Ah, but I've grown older and wiser. And that's why I'm turning you in. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u52Oz-54VYw

by SouthernLiberalinMD on Fri Mar 07, 2014 at 08:57:24 AM PST

•  Maybe Kerry is quietly throwing wrenches (1+ / 0-)
      divineorder

into the works bureaucratically, behind the scenes?

by SouthernLiberalinMD on Fri Mar 07, 2014 at 08:57:53 AM PST

•  Kerry a multi dimensional chess player, too ? (2+ / 0-)
        shaharazade, SouthernLiberalinMD

/snark

Move Single Payer Forward? Join 18,000 Doctors of PNHP and 185,000 member National Nurses United

by divineorder on Fri Mar 07, 2014 at 11:18:22 AM PST

•  Kerry's playing go. (2+ / 0-)
          SouthernLiberalinMD, divineorder

He's our best hope.

“Industry does everything they can and gets away with it almost all the time, whether it’s the coal industry, not the subject of this hearing, or water or whatever. They will cut corners, and they will get away with it. " Sen. Jay Rockefeller, D, WVa

by FishOutofWater on Fri Mar 07, 2014 at 01:34:33 PM PST

•  Probably not, but he obviously genuinely (1+ / 0-)
          divineorder

cares about climate. He was working for it 40 years ago, when it wasn't at all fashionable, and he's never wavered on it.

The question is, how much does it matter what Kerry wants? Might not matter much at all.

by SouthernLiberalinMD on Fri Mar 07, 2014 at 02:10:34 PM PST