View Diary: I have to ask a very simple question. (139 comments)

•  you're already a sellout (0+ / 0-)

I sing praises in the church of nonsense, but in my heart I'm still an atheist, demanding sense of all things.

by jbou on Tue Mar 11, 2014 at 03:43:56 PM PDT

•  Oh really ? (0+ / 0-)

Got any proof other than your hatred ?

"please love deeply...openly and genuinely." A. M. H.

by indycam on Tue Mar 11, 2014 at 03:58:53 PM PDT

•  guilt by association (0+ / 0-)

by jbou on Tue Mar 11, 2014 at 04:02:55 PM PDT

•  One of the best things about her if she (0+ / 0-)

gets elected president ,
          the hate fill , misogynistic , assholes
          will suffer from their own bullshit world view
          and self aggrandizement .

guilt by association
          Hows that working out for you ?

"please love deeply...openly and genuinely." A. M. H.

by indycam on Tue Mar 11, 2014 at 04:11:22 PM PDT

•  see that's what makes you stupid (0+ / 0-)

I have clearly stated why I don't want Hillary Clinton or any other wall street Democrat as president or senator or rep or dog catcher.  We have too many wall street politicians.  That's the problem,  but you keep thinking it's about identity politics and I'll keep calling you stupid.

by jbou on Tue Mar 11, 2014 at 04:18:17 PM PDT

•  I didn't ask you why you don't want her (0+ / 0-)

elected . Your problems are none of my concern .
              I guess you just can't understand , so it bothers me not one little bit that you don't .

guilt by association
              Hows that working out for you ?

"please love deeply...openly and genuinely." A. M. H.

by indycam on Tue Mar 11, 2014 at 04:23:23 PM PDT

•  "constructive, rather than destructive" Kos (0+ / 0-)

Me, I won't ignore Hillary, but I won't worry about her either. She'll have all the money and boots she'll need. Instead, I'll focus down ballot, on those Senate, House and state-level races what will determine the partisan composition of our government the coming decade.

My approach is constructive, rather than destructive. The more people adopt that approach, the more success we will have as a movement.

"please love deeply...openly and genuinely." A. M. H.

by indycam on Tue Mar 11, 2014 at 05:04:07 PM PDT

•  fire up the Slayer (0+ / 0-)

It's time to destroy the Democratic party.  Mosh pits at the convention.

by jbou on Tue Mar 11, 2014 at 05:15:45 PM PDT

•  I'd say good luck with destroying the Dem Party , (1+ / 0-)
                  AlexDrew

but I bet you have a long record of very successfully ruining parties ...
                  Where / what site will you be posting on in the morning ,
                  just in case I happen to suffer brain damage overnight and get the urge to read up on your latest thoughts ?

"please love deeply...openly and genuinely." A. M. H.

by indycam on Tue Mar 11, 2014 at 05:47:34 PM PDT

•  Surrender, rather than combat. (3+ / 0-)

A DLC hack at the top of the ticket hurts badly downticket.

That matters to those of us who, unlike Kos, actually need the damn safety net these fucks are trying to demolish and who actually need the jobs they're dedicated to shipping out of our county.

His concerns are not the concerns of poor and working class people.

Welcome to the Whole Foods of the blogosphere.

by JesseCW on Tue Mar 11, 2014 at 05:45:31 PM PDT

•  If you want to promote another candidate (1+ / 0-)
                  AlexDrew

go for it , what's stopping you ?

I was pro Obama and pro Clinton .
                  Go Dems Go !

"please love deeply...openly and genuinely." A. M. H.

by indycam on Tue Mar 11, 2014 at 05:51:11 PM PDT

•  People have reasons for supporting the right (5+ / 0-)

and trying to push our party in that direction.

Those of us trying to stop you have our reasons too.

And we're going to try to stop you.  That's how politics works.

Welcome to the Whole Foods of the blogosphere.

by JesseCW on Tue Mar 11, 2014 at 06:12:39 PM PDT

•  You are going to try and stop me ? (0+ / 0-)

From doing what ? Supporting Dems ?

People have reasons for supporting the right
                      and trying to push our party in that direction.
                      I had no idea that you were a republican ,
                      all this time I thought you were a Dem .
                      If you wish to try and push me to the right , go for it ,
                      waste your time , doesn't bother me one little bit .

"please love deeply...openly and genuinely." A. M. H.

by indycam on Tue Mar 11, 2014 at 06:39:20 PM PDT

•  I'm going to try to stop you from helping the DLC (2+ / 0-)
                        Shahryar, lunachickie

maintain control of what was once a working peoples party.

I'm going to try to stop you from getting more trade deals, and from authorizing ever bigger monopolies, and from allowing risker and more destructive exploitation of fossils fuels.

I'm going to keep fighting to put Democrats in office, while you keep fighting to keep the Clinton Dynasty in power.

Welcome to the Whole Foods of the blogosphere.

by JesseCW on Tue Mar 11, 2014 at 07:16:34 PM PDT

•  Then you are going to fail from the get go . (0+ / 0-)

First you need to see clearly ,
                          and you are not .
                          If you spend any time on this

while you keep fighting to keep the Clinton Dynasty in power.
                          you have failed before you started . You have failed to see what is before you , you have misunderstood what you think you have seen . You will spend time and effort for no advantage and the people who watch and understand will see that you have attacked a figment of your imagination .

"please love deeply...openly and genuinely." A. M. H.

by indycam on Tue Mar 11, 2014 at 07:44:03 PM PDT

•  Who do you want to be the next President ? (0+ / 0-)

"please love deeply...openly and genuinely." A. M. H.

by indycam on Tue Mar 11, 2014 at 06:42:52 PM PDT

•  Money? (0+ / 0-)
                    what's stopping you ?

This all started with "what the Republicans did to language".

by lunachickie on Tue Mar 11, 2014 at 08:26:26 PM PDT

•  "Fuck You" isn't a rebuttal. This statement stands (11+ / 0-)

The interests of people in Kos's class are not the same as the interests of people in mine.

He can afford another NeoLiberal President who will cut his taxes, as can all but a few of his Front Page writers.

The vast majority of us who make far less than him cannot afford another round of Ending The Safety Net As We Know It and 'Free Trade' deals.

Clinton may win the nomination, and many of us may decide in the end to support her against some horrific Republican.

The belief that she's "good enough" is a luxury that those of us not in certain tax brackets cannot afford.

1) Real Democrats are worth fighting for.

2) Poor and working people should never listen when wealthy guys say they're not.

3) A Politician can't serve the bottom 90% and the top 10% on most issues.

4) Flying a white flag 30 months before the election is abject surrender to the DLC/New Dems Kos once claimed to oppose.

5) Lacking a Progressive platform on the top of the ticket will badly harm turnout, likely leading to a default Presidential victory against a weak Republican candidate while leaving the House in Republican hands.

Welcome to the Whole Foods of the blogosphere.

by JesseCW on Fri Mar 14, 2014 at 02:47:55 PM PDT

•  when has Kos supported any of those things tho? (0+ / 0-)

because unless he's actually supported slashing 1% taxes and gutting the safety net, etc.....yeah, Straw Man. Just because you don't like him....doing whatever, doesn't mean he's suddenly Grover Norquist.

Oh and you know what I can't afford? Being sent to a concentration camp by a racist Republican neo-confederate POTUS. Among other things. That argument can go both ways, y'know. Just sayin'.

"See? I'm not a racist! I have a black friend!"

by TheHalfrican on Fri Mar 14, 2014 at 04:10:07 PM PDT

•  Clinton (5+ / 0-)

supports lower taxes for corporate interests, less regulation of business, won't say a word one or the other on "tweaking" social security, and argues that 250k is "middle class".

Kos argues that's good enough, why fight it?

Well, from where I sit, that's not good enough.  It's something I can't afford not to fight.

Battering straw men isn't a counter-argument. There is absolutely no part of truly fighting for better Democrats - all the way down the ticket -  that can do anything but reduce the odds of a Republican Presidential victory in 2016.

What's more, that fight is the only shot we've got at reclaiming the House.

We saw the reward in 2008 of having a heated Primary in which Hillary was opposed by someone with a platform a solid 10 degrees to her Left.

It won us the biggest House and Senate victories we've had in a generation.

Welcome to the Whole Foods of the blogosphere.

by JesseCW on Fri Mar 14, 2014 at 04:44:10 PM PDT