View Diary: Drivers of a Porsche should pay higher traffic fines than a Chevy (82 comments)

•  So if my vehical has a zero value (6+ / 0-)

or even a negative value , then what ?

When I get a ticket and they place a value on my car
    can I dispute the value , I bought it for $200. and have put a lot of miles on it , so it might be worth $50 now .

"please love deeply...openly and genuinely." A. M. H.

by indycam on Tue Mar 18, 2014 at 08:30:12 AM PDT

•  good point.... (1+ / 0-)
      k9disc

this could not be a straight line relationship to cost, but must take factor you describe into final law.

•  I and my brother have matching cars . (3+ / 0-)
        Kasoru, k9disc, Victor Ward

He puts his up against the armco and puts a ding all along the side , he takes it in for repair and the title become "salvage" , the repair costs more than the car is worth , the body is fixed , looks fine . His car is worth far less than mine because his has a salvage title . We go for a drive side by side and we get speeding tickets , I have to pay more because I didn't crash my car before ? His speeding fine is less because he crashed his car in the past ?
        Looks like I'm the fool for not crashing .

"please love deeply...openly and genuinely." A. M. H.

by indycam on Tue Mar 18, 2014 at 09:23:53 AM PDT

•  Or you are a fool for not just driving a shitty, (0+ / 0-)

fast car.

Democracy - 1 person 1 vote. Free Markets - More dollars more power.

by k9disc on Tue Mar 18, 2014 at 09:29:07 AM PDT

•  I once read an article about building (2+ / 0-)
            Victor Ward, k9disc

houses to avoid taxes . They looked at what it would take to build a low tax house . They made a house is such a way to avoid taxes . One of the things I remember was they used tar paper for the outside wall covering . Tax codes encouraged tar paper shacks by taxing them less .

"please love deeply...openly and genuinely." A. M. H.

by indycam on Tue Mar 18, 2014 at 09:48:21 AM PDT

•  If you want to speed and not pay high fines (3+ / 0-)

do so in the cheapest clapped out death trap you can find .
            Can I get a rusty old 1972 pinto with balding tires over the speed limit ?
            Do I need to find a nice down hill section ?

"please love deeply...openly and genuinely." A. M. H.

by indycam on Tue Mar 18, 2014 at 09:51:39 AM PDT

•  Hey Hey Watch it (0+ / 0-)
              Can I get a rusty old 1972 pinto with balding tires over the speed limit ?
              I had a yellow one and yes, that baby could go to 80 before shit began to shake. Of course that was 40 years ago. If you find one today, it will probably not perform as well.

Best car I ever owned in terms of price/performance...no large fires either. 8 Track Stereo + Pure Prairie League, open highway + youth+ Coffee+ smokes= Best ever.

“ Success has a great tendency to conceal and throw a veil over the evil of men. ” — Demosthenes

by Dburn on Tue Mar 18, 2014 at 12:36:16 PM PDT