View Diary: The CIA misled government and public about brutal interrogation program (58 comments)

•  A whole 12 minutes, eh? (5+ / 0-)
    * Offer void where prohibited. Expires April 1, 2014.
    Gee thanks! lol

(I will check though to see if I'm following you. Not sure)

"If one would give me six lines written by the hand of the most honest man, I would find something in them to have him hanged." - 17th-century French clergyman and statesman Cardinal Richelieu.

by markthshark on Mon Mar 31, 2014 at 08:50:26 PM PDT

•  OK, mark, you can have an extension. Oh well (4+ / 0-)

everyone can have an extension. Have you ever met such a reasonable author here?

"Seriously, Folks, WTH?" - ("What the Heck? "h/t Joan McCarter, Seriously, Florida. WTF?)

by HoundDog on Mon Mar 31, 2014 at 08:56:46 PM PDT

•  Your generosity is as prolific as your diary... (3+ / 0-)

composition. lol

by markthshark on Mon Mar 31, 2014 at 08:59:38 PM PDT

•  Woof, woof. That's the way I roll, Mark. Woof! (3+ / 0-)

by HoundDog on Mon Mar 31, 2014 at 09:02:53 PM PDT

•  No doubt in my mind... (2+ / 0-)

Rec's are like Scooby snacks to you, I know.

by markthshark on Mon Mar 31, 2014 at 09:07:55 PM PDT

•  Your not kidding. I live for them. If people (4+ / 0-)

would throw out a few more of them I could do, and would do twice as many.

It would be like the seals, and sea lines at Sea World.

I don't know why folks are so stingy with their recs. I think most of the writers feel the way I do, I'm just able to be more honest about it because I'm here anonymously.

This last week, it was incredible. Like 11:00 in the morning two days in a row. and 30 post on the recent post list lanquishing with 1, 2 or 5 recs. With a few scattered in with 50 or 80 if they were on the front page, or advertised to the million on the email.

I think the bifurcation is due to about half our readers now coming in through mobil apps, particularly during work hours. With all the corporate security, people are using their phone to log in at work.

I took my S.O. to her doc this afternoon and logged in with my I phone and couldn't get to the recent recs until I chose the Full Site option.  It goes to Front Page then Recs.. and when you choose Recent, it goes to Community

Recs don't cost anything, People have an infinite number of them.

I stopped writing here in January of 2013 because I made a rule if I started getting few Rec and Comments than minutes I put in posts for a certain number on average I would get a different hobby. The last five days is dropping down to that level.

Quite honestly, it been MBs recs that have kept me going, and the encouragement of you and a few friends here. I tried to rally folks to be more generous but it was totally ignored.

I discovered last week, I think it was Wednesday, out of the 138 people posting only 53 bothered to rec even one other persons post. Quite a few of the FP hadn't rec anyone else's posts for 2 or 3 days. And, this is the source of their income!  Sheesh!!

I'm thinking about writing a book called "Barbarian at the Terminals," about a spontaneous grass roots group of volunteer writer who band together to make their voices heard against the ensconced elite power centers of corporate .... " oh well.

by HoundDog on Mon Mar 31, 2014 at 09:25:27 PM PDT

•  It is aggravating at times... (3+ / 0-)
                walkshills, HoundDog, Oh Mary Oh

Everyone wants to be recognized. And most deserve it.

I Rec' a lot. And part of the reason is because the volume of diaries has so dropped off recently. I like to encourage diarists to churn out more, although, admittedly, I've become part of the problem. I don't write nearly as many diaries as I used to.

Overall, it seems like the number of diaries lately has been abysmal, especially overnight. I bet there's half as many diaries written around here now... as compared to say, five or six years ago. Not quite sure why... we have more kossacks now. It should be the other way around.

Write on!

by markthshark on Mon Mar 31, 2014 at 09:54:15 PM PDT

•  At least you didn't make it valid (3+ / 0-)
        walkshills, HoundDog, Oh Mary Oh

only on one day in June between the hours of 10am and 11am while within 100 yards of a stampede of elephants and a baby zebra during a hailstorm.

You have watched Faux News, now lose 2d10 SAN.

by Throw The Bums Out on Mon Mar 31, 2014 at 09:30:32 PM PDT