View Diary: No, Obama, Henry Ford is Not a Good Example for Other Business Owners (183 comments)

•  Nope. (8+ / 0-)

You lost when you dismissed Ford's anti-semitism as just another instance of "nobody's perfect."

Somebody has to do something, and it's just incredibly pathetic that it has to be us. ~ Garcia

by DeadHead on Wed Apr 02, 2014 at 06:33:36 PM PDT

•  Thank you for once again demonstrating (0+ / 0-)

that not only do you not understand nuance but you likely could not find it with a map and gps.

Der Weg ist das Ziel

by duhban on Wed Apr 02, 2014 at 06:35:03 PM PDT

•  I understand nuance just fine. (3+ / 0-)

Doesn't change the fact you made a dumb comment.

by DeadHead on Wed Apr 02, 2014 at 07:09:50 PM PDT

•  He's hardly the only "pragmatic" user here (4+ / 0-)

who is very comfortable with anti-Semitism.

When you triangulate everything, you can't even roll downhill...

by PhilJD on Wed Apr 02, 2014 at 07:15:07 PM PDT

•  even for you that's a quite low (1+ / 0-)
            gustynpip

what's next your mom jokes? Or do you draw the line at malicious lying?

Der Weg ist das Ziel

by duhban on Wed Apr 02, 2014 at 07:39:50 PM PDT

•  What "lie" have I told? (4+ / 0-)

It's a very fair statement that anyone who describes Ford's anti-Semitism as just another "flaw" is comfortable with it.

My comment was actually quite charitable.

When you triangulate everything, you can't even roll downhill...

by PhilJD on Wed Apr 02, 2014 at 07:47:09 PM PDT

•  no it's not (2+ / 0-)
                gustynpip, Diogenes2008

go read my comment above Phil where in I clearly write that there are things about Ford I will never like.

Or we can go the FDR route you like him right? So that means you're okay with the Japanese Internment? How about LBJ? Oh wait no we can't like him because of Vietnam and killing the Civil Rights Bills of the 50s (take your pick).

See that's the problem with the world, life and people. They all are complicated and complex. I really do not know what to tell you if you can not cope with that fact.

Your comment is a lie. It accuses me of things I've never said or done because I can concede that people generally speaking are more complicated than good or bad.

And if you have any sense you'll cut your loses and drop it. Or you could surprise me and actually apologize. Don't worry I'm not expecting you to go that far.

Der Weg ist das Ziel

by duhban on Wed Apr 02, 2014 at 07:51:04 PM PDT

•  You know what's going on here (6+ / 0-)

As well as I do.

Ford's just another tool to use against President Obama - just another way to slam him.

Obama sent an email a year or two ago suggesting that seniors could volunteer in their communities if they wished to do so, and it was turned into (no exaggeration) him being one step away from forcing them to work for their Social Security checks.

Oh, and volunteering was turned into a bad thing, because OMG you might be taking paid jobs away from people who need them - even though a lot of volunteer work just wouldn't get done if people didn't volunteer.

I am NOT joking. If DK's search function weren't such shit, I'd find the diary for you, and show it to you.

But since President Obama suggested it - yeah, it was BAD BAD BAD. It's a strange way of looking at life.

If the President quoted FDR, or suggested that something he did was good... heads would explode. It would be a battle between defending him, and talking about how EVIL he was.

Nuance is a lost art, apparently - especially when an agenda is in danger.

"We have only the moral ground we actually inhabit, not the moral ground we claim." - It Really Is That Important

by Diogenes2008 on Wed Apr 02, 2014 at 07:56:55 PM PDT

•  Find me a single comment in which I praised FDR, (3+ / 0-)

LBJ or any American president other than Jimmy Carter and I'll be happy to continue this discussion.

I'm glad though that you've revealed yourself as someone who views Ford's militant, multi-faceted and decades-long anti-Jew campaign as a "flaw."

Not only will I not apologize, I'll fucking say it again: You're very comfortable with anti-Semitism. It's just not that big a deal to you.

When you triangulate everything, you can't even roll downhill...

by PhilJD on Wed Apr 02, 2014 at 07:59:19 PM PDT

•  right sure I did (1+ / 0-)
          Diogenes2008

except nothing I have said actually says what you imagine it says.

Der Weg ist das Ziel

by duhban on Wed Apr 02, 2014 at 07:40:38 PM PDT

•  Please then, explain what you actually said. nt (0+ / 0-)

As private parts to the gods are we, they play with us for their sport. - Black Adder "Chains"

by Clive all hat no horse Rodeo on Wed Apr 02, 2014 at 07:49:15 PM PDT

•  Are you sure about that? (2+ / 0-)

Here's what you said:

Who here is perfect?

Ford was a flawed human being so freaken what? He did some incredibly brilliant things, some incredible benevolent things and did a few things that I will never agree with.

Welcome to humanity where we all are flawed.

Der Weg ist das Ziel

by duhban on Wed Apr 02, 2014 at 05:55:09 PM PDT

And here's how I "imagined" it:
            Nope.

by DeadHead on Wed Apr 02, 2014 at 06:33:36 PM PDT

by DeadHead on Wed Apr 02, 2014 at 08:14:25 PM PDT

•  it's always sad when you let your agenda (1+ / 0-)
              Lying eyes

blind you.

But far be it from me to stop you from making a fool of yourself.

Der Weg ist das Ziel

by duhban on Wed Apr 02, 2014 at 08:31:47 PM PDT

•  It's always sad when you accuse others of... (2+ / 0-)

having an agenda simply because they blockquote your own words, and theirs, and ask for clarification as to how one is at odds with the other.

As usual, when you find yourself in a bind, you deflect and declare your questioners to be the ones acting foolishly, when it was your idiotic comment that caused the problem in the first place.

by DeadHead on Wed Apr 02, 2014 at 09:38:25 PM PDT

• Economy (18)
  • Rescued (17)
  • Science (16)
  • 2016 (15)
  • Politics (15)
  • Environment (13)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site