View Diary: Black Kos, Tuesday's Chile (159 comments)

•  it's the nicest thing anyone has done for (8+ / 0-)

me in a long time... a total stranger... I almost cried...lol

"It is horrifying that we have to fight our own government to save the environment." *Ansel Adams* ."Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there."*Will Rogers*

by Statusquomustgo on Tue Apr 08, 2014 at 01:42:55 PM PDT

•  Beautiful!! n/t (5+ / 0-)

"Southern nights, have you ever felt a southern night?" Allen Toussaint Remember the Gulf of Mexico.

by rubyr on Tue Apr 08, 2014 at 02:36:30 PM PDT

•  Had a similar incident last month crossing (6+ / 0-)

a major bridge here.

I'm not one to refuse merging traffic access to the lane in front of me.  What's the point?  So you get home six feet later...  So I let a few cars in ahead of me (to the great consternation of the schmuck behind me).

When I got to the tollbooth, the guy in it told me the truck in front of me (I can't even remember if I let him in or not) paid for me.  I was so shocked it never occurred to me, but next time I'll hand over my money anyway, and tell the toll-taker it's for the guy behind me... and ask him to suggest they pass it on, too.

Things like that just leave you smiling for days.  :)

Where enough money calls the tune, the general public will not be heard. Inso­far as corruption cuts the link between political thought and political action, a free marketplace of political ideas loses its point. -- Justice Stephen Breyer

by Yasuragi on Tue Apr 08, 2014 at 02:44:27 PM PDT

•  it's wonderful how things work out... (1+ / 0-)
        Yasuragi

I'm with you, I let people in when it's merging traffic... life's too
        short and what's the big deal anyway.  And you're right, it
        does leave you smiling for days :)  hugs Yasuragi...

by Statusquomustgo on Wed Apr 09, 2014 at 08:35:19 AM PDT

•  Back atcha, darlin'! Good to see you here. (1+ / 0-)
          Statusquomustgo

• Republicans (26)
  • Media (25)
  • Barack Obama (24)
  • Civil Rights (24)
  • Education (22)
  • Law (21)
  • Trans-Pacific Partnership (21)
  • Economy (19)
  • Congress (17)
  • Labor (16)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site