View Diary: Another Free Market Fail (77 comments)

•  I don't recall using such a word (0+ / 0-)

So don't go all Godwin on me. (shrug)

Are YOU seriously claiming that the entire global economy is not dominated by a small handful of very large and powerful corporations who dominate the entire political process through their economic power (and which are themselves run by a handful of very wealthy unelected people in what is the very opposite of democracy). . . ?

Or do you think "Megaglobal Behemoth Inc" is no different than the corner pizza shop . . .  .?

In the end, reality always wins.

by Lenny Flank on Thu Apr 10, 2014 at 12:41:12 PM PDT

•  Godwin? (1+ / 0-)
      Beelzebubs Brass Bs

You do understand what fascism is, right?  I can, and still, order pizza from a locally owned pizza shop.  You seem to think that I do not have that choice, that the government dictates or allows only a single corporation to give me anything.  That is not true.

“Socialism never took root in America because the poor see themselves not as an exploited proletariat but as temporarily embarrassed millionaires.” - John Steinbeck (Disputed)

by RichM on Thu Apr 10, 2014 at 12:46:27 PM PDT

•  I have no idea what you are babbling about (0+ / 0-)

I said no such thing. I am not a corporate monopolist, and I don't believe that one product should rule the world like they do.

And the ONLY reason you can buy a local pizza is because one of the corporate megachains hasn't bothered yet to buy it out or drive it out of business. Once they do, you'll eat MegaChain Pizza, and you'll like it.  And you'll pay twice as much for it.

In the end, reality always wins.

by Lenny Flank on Thu Apr 10, 2014 at 12:50:59 PM PDT

•  ps--I thought we were no longer speaking (0+ / 0-)

Have you changed your mind now?

In the end, reality always wins.

by Lenny Flank on Thu Apr 10, 2014 at 12:51:22 PM PDT

•  You are right... (0+ / 0-)

My bad.

by RichM on Thu Apr 10, 2014 at 12:58:44 PM PDT

•  pps--I notice you've not answered a single one of (0+ / 0-)

my questions . . . . . . . . .  . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  . .

But that's OK--my questions make their point whether you answer them or not.  (shrug)

So, in your view, how MANY different products must exist in order for you to be happy?  Two?  Five?  Ten?

Let's compare to the number of megacorporations who dominate each of the world's industries, and see what happens . . . . . . . . . . .

In the end, reality always wins.

by Lenny Flank on Thu Apr 10, 2014 at 12:54:43 PM PDT