View Diary: Snowden Claims That He Did Try To Go Through Channels At NSA (261 comments)

•  Uprated for HR abuse (3+ / 0-)
    freakofsociety, duhban, poco

The commenter is not trolling, the commenter is taking part in dialoguing.  A disagreement is not trolling.

•  Thanks for your input. (7+ / 0-)

You've clearly been an active participant in Snowden/NSA related diaries, which gives you the experience with this particular user that allows you to be able to make such an informed determination, whereas those of use who've had to suffer through his threadjacking of countless diaries on this topic since last June don't know what the fuck we're talking about.

Glad you showed up to set us straight.

Somebody has to do something, and it's just incredibly pathetic that it has to be us. ~ Garcia

by DeadHead on Thu Apr 10, 2014 at 03:19:00 PM PDT

•  I look to see who could have possibly (6+ / 0-)

rec'd your comment ...

you are indeed in fine company.

Ballsy for not worrying about being lumped in with the likes of "freakofsociety" and "duhban."

Good luck.

•  ducat has been explaining away NSA abuse since (5+ / 0-)

Day Two (June 10, 2013) of this story:

Be reasonable,
      Terra bytes of storage,
      Splitters NOT routers,
      FISC approval,
      no US citizens! etc etc etc.
      Before Reggid there was ducat.

NSA: The Only Part of the Government that Listens to You :o(

by JVolvo on Fri Apr 11, 2014 at 06:45:04 AM PDT

•  I didn't see him explain (1+ / 0-)
        JoanMar

away NSA abuse at all on this thread. And even if he did thats not a reason to HR his comment. Try again.

I love president Obama!!!

by freakofsociety on Fri Apr 11, 2014 at 07:46:39 AM PDT

•  Sigh, I didn't HR the NSA spammer (this time). (6+ / 0-)

Knowing his 10 month history on this topic does inform kossacks' view of his behavior.  Knowing his pattern of unsupported assertions, innuendo and opinion does inform kossacks' view of his behavior.  Knowing ducat will leap to support any Hayden, Clapper or NSA talking point does inform kossacks' view of his behavior.

While I don't consider ducat Hide On Sight he most certainly is Groan On Sight.
          Not only does he hold the record for # of HRs from largest # of users, I'd wager he holds the record for Most Replies to UnRecced Comments and Most Threads Driven To Right Margin.

When he lies re NSA/Snowden/Greenwald he risks HRs.
          When he trolls NSA/Snowden/Greenwald posts he risks HRs.

Thank you for your concern.

NSA: The Only Part of the Government that Listens to You :o(

by JVolvo on Fri Apr 11, 2014 at 09:45:46 AM PDT

•  do you think you're clever calling me ducat? (0+ / 0-)

Because all you're really doing is showing how juvenile you are and how desperate you are to irritate and annoy me.  I have to say that really all you're doing in the end is making me laugh.

Then again given that you're lying about me as well it's pretty obvious that you have no honor/ethics/morals on this topic. Your absolute certainty is all the justification you need, is it not?

BTW for those interested JVolvo's claims about hides is definitely a lie. I believe at last count I had something like 50 hides of which the vast majority came from 8 users.

I'm half way tempted to report your lies and behaviour. Though I think mostly I'll just watch your flail around and make a fool of yourself.

Der Weg ist das Ziel

by duhban on Fri Apr 11, 2014 at 10:11:11 AM PDT

•  You keep on threatening to report users, yet... (2+ / 0-)
              JVolvo, TheMomCat

you never do. I wonder why that is. Is it because in reporting those whom you believe have slighted you, you'd bring a spotlight to your behaviour?

I'll bet that's it.

As private parts to the gods are we, they play with us for their sport. - Black Adder "Chains"

by Clive all hat no horse Rodeo on Fri Apr 11, 2014 at 10:22:44 AM PDT

•  really? (0+ / 0-)

you'd like to talk about that? Tell me how many times have the admins slapped you down for your behaviour? I know the answer is at least 2 because both of them were public.  But given how many times you've backed away from your antics I have to think it's far more than that. And while I might have many issues Clive only you and your little posse of self appointed daily kos blog nanny police have drawn the ire of the admins.

Isn't it odd though how you just magically managed to jump  in less than 10 minutes after I posted?

My advice stop before you all finally get to elfing's breaking point and get banned. Your vendetta really isn't worth it.

Der Weg ist das Ziel

by duhban on Fri Apr 11, 2014 at 10:39:20 AM PDT

•  Lie? One of your defenders in the help desk (7+ / 0-)

thread thought they were helping you when they researched your 2013 comment history.

They came up with the astounding data that you had garnered HRs up to that point (mid-Dec) from something like 110 different users. Not the mean posse of 8.  Over 100 different users.

Anyone would agree that it takes a Metric Fuckton of disruptive commenting to get 110 - posse of 8 = 100+ different users to toss donuts at you in 11 months..

As you know, that thread is closed and locked down so I can't cut and paste your defender's HR research here.  It was shocking enough that I - and I'd guess any of the thread contributors - remember it.  If you insist, I might carve out some time this weekend to compile it myself.  But we both know you protest too much.  YOU already know your history, right?  :o)

So, how does one get 100+ different non-posse kossacks to HR you in 11 months?

NSA: The Only Part of the Government that Listens to You :o(

by JVolvo on Fri Apr 11, 2014 at 11:24:50 AM PDT

•  liar (0+ / 0-)

that's what you are

Unless you care to actually back up that claim? I mean come on this should be easy even for someone like you.

I call you a liar and that your words are malicious slander.

Now all you have to do is post your evidence and prove how wrong I am.

That should be simple right?

I bet you don't because all you are is a malicious liar. Further I bet your gang of bullies instead hide this comment because that's all the lot of you are. Stuck up malicious, smug, arrogant bullies.

Der Weg ist das Ziel

by duhban on Fri Apr 11, 2014 at 11:28:23 AM PDT

•  oh and assuming you're foolish enough (0+ / 0-)

to actually try and prove it I hope you actually document your research. I know that probably will be challenging but given your bullshit and lies that's going to be the only way you are going to have any credibility.

Der Weg ist das Ziel

by duhban on Fri Apr 11, 2014 at 11:32:35 AM PDT

•  No, duhban. (8+ / 0-)

He isn't lying.

You're trying to pretend it didn't happen the way it did.

Here's all of your HR'd comments for the last year. If people want to cross-tabulate the results, a time-consuming task already done by phenry in a now-inaccessible helpdesk thread, they can do so.

by DeadHead on Fri Apr 11, 2014 at 04:44:35 PM PDT

•  until he proves it I will continue to call him a (0+ / 0-)

liar because that's what he is.

And I'm not surprised to see the gang show up to try and make this lie valid by repeating it.

You all can lie, distort and smear all you want I'm not going anywhere and all you do is trash yourself.

Der Weg ist das Ziel

by duhban on Fri Apr 11, 2014 at 05:09:52 PM PDT

•  Ha. Suck it, martyr. Chapter Two. (5+ / 0-)
                      13 Posted by phenry on 09 Dec, 2013 08:09 PM

phenry's Avatar

I just looked at all of the HRs duhban has received in 2013.

Since January 1, duhban has made about 7100 comments, of which 66 have received HRs, or 0.9 percent of the total.

He has received 242 individual HRs from 112 unique users during that time. They break down like this:

Holy Shit!  You are one unpopular troller!  242 Fucking HRs?  Wow.

Stay tuned!

PS Did I nail it or what?!?  112 unique users!  I AM GOOD.

NSA: The Only Part of the Government that Listens to You :o(

by JVolvo on Fri Apr 11, 2014 at 05:32:26 PM PDT

•  Ha. Suck it, martyr. Chapter Three. (3+ / 0-)

The Evil Posse That Torments You?

13 HRs: One UID.  Wow, our Warrior King/Queen!  (Maybe decaf?)
                      6-10 HRs: 9 distinct UIDs.
                      4-5 HRs: 9 distinct UIDs
                      3 HRs: 8 UIDs.  On a personal note,  I'm in this group of tireless, hounding HR-tossing fiends.  3 HRs over 11.5 months. So.Full.of.Hate.
                      heh

And then...

2 HRs: 16 UIDs
                      1 HR: 69 UIDs

So, I was admittedly off in that you have a couple more non-fans in the mid range (4-8 HRs) and a bit less on the low end.
                      However: 85 non-posse peeps tossed donuts at your shit in that timeframe. 85 kossack who, by definition, are not relentless ducat tormenters; just peeps who thought "Fuck that shit.  HR" once or twice.  85 users!
                      Did diggeR or Troubadour even come close to that?  No.

You Are The Champion of Broad-Based DKos Disdain!

Congrats!

I'm still thirsty...

NSA: The Only Part of the Government that Listens to You :o(

by JVolvo on Fri Apr 11, 2014 at 05:53:14 PM PDT

•  suck it yourself (0+ / 0-)

81% of my hides came from 25% of the sample population and you think that's not a vendetta? And never mind that's the low end estimate from your own data.

You seem to think I've claimed I've never said something I shouldn't have. I have and those comments took a beating and I accept I shouldn't have said it and moved on. I'm hardly alone in that regard as you yourself have said some pretty awful things that have gotten buried in hides too. Does that make you a troll? Because your logic says it does.

Congrats on getting something right for a change and yes I was wrong. It happens especially given that I was operating of of memory.

But you've not debunked my claim if anything you've shown that I am right. Then again you actually had the honesty to post what looks to my memory as the full results so I'll give you credit there.

Too bad you can't see the facts right in front of your face.

Der Weg ist das Ziel

by duhban on Fri Apr 11, 2014 at 06:02:44 PM PDT

•  Just like your NSA spinning. 242 HRs. Huge # (3+ / 0-)

Wasn't that one of your 'arguments'?  Or diggeRs?

It's only 0.03%!!!
                          Yeah, out of 350,000 illegal wiretaps, sure.  But what about the 350,000 Illegal Wiretaps!!
                          lalalalala
                          Dude.  This Is Your Legacy.  Revel in it:
                          242 HRs in 11+ months.  A Dkos record, I'll bet.  From 112 different UIDs.  Also a Dkos record, I'll bet.

Clive is the man! Woooo! HAHAHAHAHA! Teh martyr weeps tonight...

by JVolvo on Fri Apr 11, 2014 at 06:18:04 PM PDT

•  What the fuckity fuck? You've really outdone... (2+ / 0-)
                          JVolvo, TheMomCat

yourself ducat!

suck it yourself

(Nice riposte! I'll have to remember that one!)

(So, 75% of the people who dropped you a donut think you are a dickhead. The other 25% think that you are a real fucking dickhead. What's your point? And really, let's not fuck around with your spurious percentages (where's your working?), 242 is the hard number.)

You seem to think I've claimed I've never said something I shouldn't have.

(Really, WTF is it with you and your double negatives?)

(Yeah, I don't think you've moved on.)

(That's an extraordinary claim which you could have provided evidence right here in this very sentence with a link. But you didn't. Why is that, exactly?)

Does that make you a troll? Because your logic says it does.

(Not until you provide the evidence it doesn't, but nice ad hominem, troll (see, I can call you a troll because the evidence is clear. See how it works?))

(Thanks for admitting you were wrong! It must be cold in Hell today!)

But you've not debunked my claim if anything you've shown that I am right.

(WTF? You just admitted you were wrong!!??! Are there two people operating out of there? Tap, tap, tap...)

(So, JVolvo is right after all! You sure now? I'm not sure that I trust your memory.)

Too bad you can't see the facts right in front of your face.

(Nup. I see that you aren't sure at all. Do you know what day it is? Year?)

by Clive all hat no horse Rodeo on Fri Apr 11, 2014 at 06:35:55 PM PDT

•  Thanks, DeadHead. I still have the keys. JVolvo... (4+ / 0-)
                    JVolvo, angel d, TheMomCat, DeadHead

has the relevant info and will be posting soon.

by Clive all hat no horse Rodeo on Fri Apr 11, 2014 at 05:24:01 PM PDT

•  Can't believe I'm doing this. I don't think ducat (4+ / 0-)

ever saw the thread or phenry's data crunch.  So I can live with him calling me a liar BEFORE I posted the general #s.

I request that the HRs be pulled from THIS comment.

Funny, I had recced him calling me a liar about 2 hours ago, it was there first.

Again, please pull the HRs on this comment.

Somebody slap me...

Clive is the man! Woooo! HAHAHAHAHA! Teh martyr weeps tonight...

by JVolvo on Fri Apr 11, 2014 at 06:26:56 PM PDT

•  See, I appreciate why you got the donuts... (1+ / 0-)
                  TheMomCat

and I agree with JVolvo's uprate. The more that people see your trolling, the better. That's why you get my uprate.

by Clive all hat no horse Rodeo on Fri Apr 11, 2014 at 06:47:00 PM PDT

•  I don't believe I have never seen this poster (1+ / 0-)
            duhban

leap to defend the NSA. If you have an example of that please post it.

Not everyone has to like Snowden and Greenwald. I don't see why this makes them supporters of the NSA. I personally don't trust Greenwald's column as evidence of anything because I have seen him exaggerate and only link to himself as evidence so many times. I also don't like the way he responds to anyone who challenges him on his blog. I realize this makes people angry but it's my write not to like a certain reporter if I choose.

I love president Obama!!!

by freakofsociety on Fri Apr 11, 2014 at 10:27:25 AM PDT

•  You just proved (2+ / 0-)
        duhban, poco

that the HR was due to the poster and not the comment, thanks.

I love president Obama!!!

by freakofsociety on Fri Apr 11, 2014 at 07:47:14 AM PDT

• Recommended (136)
  • Community (65)
  • 2016 (46)
  • Elections (39)
  • Environment (36)
  • Media (36)
  • Trans-Pacific Partnership (34)
  • Republicans (31)
  • Hillary Clinton (30)
  • Law (29)
  • Barack Obama (28)
  • Iraq (27)
  • Civil Rights (26)
  • Culture (25)
  • Jeb Bush (24)
  • Climate Change (24)
  • Economy (21)
  • Labor (20)
  • Bernie Sanders (18)
  • Science (17)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site