View Diary: Dinosaurs on Noah's Ark? A look at Young Earth Creationist craziness (84 comments)

•  other questions (7+ / 0-)

how did Noah and his family feed themselves after the flood? How did the surviving animals for that matter?

All the food is gone.  The animals are barely hanging on, ok maybe there is some vegetation that makes it, but what do all the carnivores eat if there are only 2-7 of everything at the start and they need a LOT more than that?

How did we get to 7 billion people from what maybe a dozen after the flood? (Granted, not the first time this question has been asked...I'm looking at you Adam and Eve).

I don't have a problem with your average religious person.  I don't believe what they believe, but as an agnostic, I don't think them crazy for believing in a higher power and afterlife...heck I secretly hope I'm wrong and they are right, because heaven sounds better than personal annihilation by a long shot (heck, hell does too).

I do have a problem with extremist literalists like YEC and their ilk.

•  You'd think that there would be a genetic (5+ / 0-)

bottleneck problem...like incest
      Not a great Christian idea

•  "Literalists"? (6+ / 0-)

These YEC folks are not merely Biblical literalists, they are scientistic confabulists.

I want to thank Rachel191 for introducing me to this amazing train of thought (YEC).  I have NEVER heard such serious craziness before in my life.  And I've been around a while.

An illusion can never be destroyed directly... SK.

by Thomas Twinnings on Thu Apr 10, 2014 at 06:36:35 PM PDT

•  Self-proclaimed Biblical Literalists (1+ / 0-)
        Rogneid

believe that they believe the Bible literally, but that is not in fact possible, and they in fact do not.

The sky, for example, or as they call it the firmament of the heavens, is not solid and does not contain the stars, nor does it have doors to let water through to create Noah's Flood.

Also, the Bible is quite explicit that Cain's descendants were still around when it was written, even though it is equally explicit that only Noah's family survived.

Among other things.

Back off, man. I'm a logician.—GOPBusters™

by Mokurai on Thu Apr 10, 2014 at 10:04:50 PM PDT

•  I'm wondering how they convinced those two lions (2+ / 0-)
      allie4fairness, Rogneid

to refrain from devouring the two sheep before the sheep could  "go forth and multiply."  I mean there were only two, right?

Seems like some serious extinction would have taken place immediately after the flood unless Noah was able to convince the predators to cool it for a while.  Lions are not known for their fasting.

Ted Cruz president? Pardon my Vietnamese, but Ngo Pho King Way.

by ZedMont on Thu Apr 10, 2014 at 08:28:36 PM PDT

•  They didn't get off the Ark (0+ / 0-)

until there were olive trees, so we can pretend that all of the other vegetation had also grown back.

Back off, man. I'm a logician.—GOPBusters™

by Mokurai on Thu Apr 10, 2014 at 09:51:29 PM PDT

•  Not accurate. An olive branch brought back by a (0+ / 0-)

dove -- evidence the waters had receded (somewhere).

LBJ, Van Cliburn, Ike, Wendy Davis, Lady Bird, Ann Richards, Barbara Jordan, Molly Ivins, Sully Sullenburger, Drew Brees: Texas is NO Bush League!

by BlackSheep1 on Fri Apr 11, 2014 at 09:25:31 AM PDT

•  Right (0+ / 0-)

An olive branch with fresh leaves, not from one of the trees drowned and killed by a year of being underwater. An olive seed would have had to sprout and grow to a sapling to provide that branch.

Back off, man. I'm a logician.—GOPBusters™

by Mokurai on Fri Apr 11, 2014 at 04:29:10 PM PDT

•  Except not a year underwater (0+ / 0-)

40 days and 40 nights. If we're going to show them the error of their ways we must be accurate.

by BlackSheep1 on Fri Apr 11, 2014 at 05:58:52 PM PDT

•  forty days, forty nights, not a lotta exercise (0+ / 0-)

the rule of three says three minutes no air, three days no water (flood = water, no?) three weeks no food. IF they're still not sure where the Ark landed ... look for the barnyard runoff.

I mean, seriously, people. Just ... damn.

by BlackSheep1 on Fri Apr 11, 2014 at 09:23:37 AM PDT

• Recommended (146)
  • Community (68)
  • Elections (34)
  • Media (33)
  • Trans-Pacific Partnership (31)
  • Environment (30)
  • Republicans (23)
  • Labor (22)
  • Marriage Equality (19)
  • Economy (19)
  • Josh Duggar (18)
  • Jeb Bush (18)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site