View Diary: New girl and I have questions about questionable ads that I get here? (208 comments)

•  I have no idea, as I don't get those ads. And I'm (13+ / 0-)

not a paying member either, so I don't know how I've avoided them.

But welcome to dKos!  It regularly saves my sanity, and I read often, comment occasionally, and blog almost never.  I leave that to the folks who really understand it.

"A man of great wealth owes a peculiar obligation to the state because he derives special advantages from the mere existence of government.." - Teddy Roosevelt -8.12, -5.18

by ncarolinagirl on Sat Apr 12, 2014 at 05:27:34 PM PDT

•  You probably have (7+ / 0-)

AdBlock added to your Chrome or something similar if you use a different browser.

If you use Chrome and see a Stop sign with a hand in it (up n the upper right hand corner of your browser) that's the AdBlock logo.
      And a number next to it indicates how many ads it has defeated.

Suddenly, it dawns on me, Earnest T. Bass is the intellectual and philosophical inspiration of the TeaParty.

by Nebraska68847Dem on Sat Apr 12, 2014 at 06:53:39 PM PDT

•  Ah, good to know.....thank you! :) (2+ / 0-)
        whl, IndyDemGirl

But I don't really use chrome much.  Guess I just don't really like the layout.  I'm just so used to Explorer that switching to chrome gets me all screwed up.   I know, LAME!!  Oh well, go with whatcha know, right?

That is a great tip though and I'll have to remember it when I do use chrome.  I never noticed it before.  Now I'll be on the lookout for that little sucker!

My Dad was killed in Vietnam when I was 5. Don't talk to me about "Duty to my Country". I have NO duty to my Country, they took my Dad.

by GirlSwimmingInASeaOfRed on Sat Apr 12, 2014 at 09:02:40 PM PDT

•  Watch it! (3+ / 0-)

I have a new bob-tailed kitten named Earnest T. He is very, very liberal. Very. He has already caught two conservative mice that I didn't even know were here. Sneaky little bastards. :)

If I wasn't Bob Dylan, I'd probably think that Bob Dylan has a lot of answers myself. Bob Dylan

by weezilgirl on Sat Apr 12, 2014 at 10:58:34 PM PDT

•  Really? Does he want a friend? (2+ / 0-)
          whl, Youffraita

Cause I have my cat, Mr. Meow Meow, but I got no clue what his political leanings are yet.  We'll find out when we go to the polls in November (Poor thing.  He needs me to fill in the ballot for him).

Does your cat like talkers?  Cause MMM is a BIG talker!  He's deaf and he thinks I'm deaf too and can't hear him, so he cranks up the volume to super loud for us (or me mostly), his "people".  He's also quite pushy.  Thought I should mention that too.  It's gotten him into some problems in the past (but we don't like to talk about that.  Shhhhh..........).

Anyway, let me know what Earnest T. thinks and maybe we can do lunch?

by GirlSwimmingInASeaOfRed on Sun Apr 13, 2014 at 04:09:32 AM PDT

•  EarnestT is a talking machine (0+ / 0-)

And I answer him. That is what scares me. His idea of lunch is sneaking into the pantry and crawling inside the cat food sack to eat.  I think I saw his father on a neighboring ranch last week. I'm looking for child support. I do believe he had a ride in a sack on a horse or a box on a four-wheeler. No way he walked. So I think I know his background but not totally sure. I do know he is liberal.

by weezilgirl on Mon Apr 14, 2014 at 03:15:20 PM PDT

•  HAHA!! He sounds like a riot! (0+ / 0-)

Too funny!  Yeah, I think I'd go after dead-beat Dad for some bucks.  They go carousing and then never stick around.  The little bastards!  And tell him to cough up some tuna too, while you're at it!  I think EarnestT would like that!

Luckily, Mr. Meow Meow hasn't figured out how to get into the bag of food, yet, but he has to get into every other bag though!  And you can't open a cabinet door without him sneaking inside, the little stinker!

Yep, I think our two little boys would make fast friends and mischief makers!

by GirlSwimmingInASeaOfRed on Tue Apr 15, 2014 at 10:20:25 PM PDT

•  Well, thank you for the welcome! (5+ / 0-)
      ncarolinagirl, Shippo1776, GAS, melo, whl

And man, you are lucky you don't get those ads.  They make me just want to jump right through my screen and put a "Smackdown!" on them for being such a-holes!  It makes me so mad because they think we're all stupid.  Well, I think they are in for a whole world of hurt in Nov.  At least that's what I'm hoping for anyway!!

Yeah, I know what you mean about the sanity thing.  Oh man!  There are some great posts on here, I tell ya.  If I didn't want to respond so bad to some of the postings, I probably wouldn't have joined.  But, I'm half Southern and I got my Daddy's temper and attitude, so there was just no way I couldn't NOT respond, so here I am!  :D

My Dad was killed in Vietnam when I was 5. Don't talk to me about "Duty to my Country" EVER!! I have NO duty to this Country, they took my Dad.

by GirlSwimmingInASeaOfRed on Sat Apr 12, 2014 at 07:56:21 PM PDT

•  I went back and looked, and there are blocks of (2+ / 0-)
        GirlSwimmingInASeaOfRed, whl

ads at the bottom between the articles and the comments - is that what you mean?  I hardly even realized they were there!  They never intrude by popping out or anything.  Although I did see some disgusting picture of 10 things that cause cancer, or something like that.

by ncarolinagirl on Sat Apr 12, 2014 at 08:00:32 PM PDT

•  Oh no, not those ads. I get those too. (1+ / 0-)
          whl

The ads I'm talking about generally show up right at the top of my screen or on the right side of my screen, next to where the title of a post would be.  The ones you're talking about, there's like 6 of them in a block between the post and the comments section.  Those usually don't have anything political in them.  At least not on my computer anyways.

by GirlSwimmingInASeaOfRed on Sat Apr 12, 2014 at 09:07:51 PM PDT