View Diary: Missouri Mayor "Kind of Agrees" With Jewish Center Killer (108 comments)

•  WWGRTTA: What would Godwin refuse to talk about? (1+ / 0-)
    nellgwen

Slow thinkers - keep right

by Dave the Wave on Wed Apr 16, 2014 at 01:38:40 PM PDT

•  WWGRTTA? You ask. (0+ / 0-)

101 uses for dryer lint.
      Math
      In the final analysis was Mary Hartman Mary Hartman a good TV show.
      Is it fair to divide people up into Elvis fans or Beatle fans.
      If there are two songs that can be a litmus test in defining generations ,would those twp songs be I Can't Get No Satisfaction and Stairway To Heaven. And by default again after that, would the two songs be Stairway To Heaven and I Want To Be Sedated. And again after that, would those two songs be I Want To Be Sedated and Paradise City. And so on and so on and back and forth.

Anyway the Goodwin rule doesn't apply here in this situation.

Well I'm just a tree, but if I were you I'd listen to your GHOST FRIEND! Howard-Big Bang Theory

by nellgwen on Wed Apr 16, 2014 at 01:51:05 PM PDT

•  I thought it was hairway to Steven (1+ / 0-)
        sfbob

Slow thinkers - keep right

by Dave the Wave on Wed Apr 16, 2014 at 02:30:52 PM PDT

•  No it's not. (0+ / 0-)

It's Stairway to Heaven

by nellgwen on Wed Apr 16, 2014 at 03:12:09 PM PDT

•  What is that? (1+ / 0-)
            nellgwen

Slow thinkers - keep right

by Dave the Wave on Wed Apr 16, 2014 at 07:05:27 PM PDT

•  It depends on who you ask really. (0+ / 0-)

To some it was a 1946 movie in Technicolor. Staring David Niven, Kim Hunter, Raymond Massey, and Roger Livesey.
                 About a A British wartime aviator who cheats death and must argue for his life before a celestial court.

To others it was a song written by a band that single-handedly defined the 1970's with their blend of heavy riff based blues songs.
                Depicting life on the road with all it's ups and downs, tender love ballads, folk songs, and Arabic and Indian inspired backdrops to some of the greatest rocks opuses ever written. They spoke of sex, drugs, rock and roll,
              disillusionment, loss, cars and bars, old pets, dogs left behind, and a song that insists upon no definition even though people have tried.
                When it was written I'm sure it meant one thing to the guys, of course that's money, just kidding. But now in their minds it might represent something else. Maybe like...
              Our fans being able to come over to our house and say, "Hi. How's it going, would you like a beer?" Or maybe it's like them coming over to your house and saying, "Hi, want to go down to the dump to shoot rats?" Though speaking as a woman it doesn't say that to me, it says other things.
                 I'm speaking of course of...I forgot.

by nellgwen on Wed Apr 16, 2014 at 08:30:35 PM PDT

•  Are you sure that the litmus test for defining (0+ / 0-)

generations isn't between say Stairway to Heaven and Rappers  Delight? Or perhaps it's between Dick Dale and Man or Astroman? I know lots of people that love STH but hate all hiphop. And being a surf music dilettante I can find a definite schism along generational lines between those two surf bands. Or maybe that gap would better be exemplified between Johnny Cash and Garth Brooks. I think the parting on the left is now parting on the right. What color is your litmus paper turning in those instances?

Slow thinkers - keep right

by Dave the Wave on Wed Apr 16, 2014 at 07:16:08 PM PDT

• Recommended (127)
  • Community (60)
  • Media (32)
  • Elections (32)
  • Trans-Pacific Partnership (30)
  • 2016 (29)
  • Climate Change (21)
  • Economy (19)
  • Labor (19)
  • Josh Duggar (18)
  • Jeb Bush (18)
  • Marriage Equality (17)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site