View Diary: A Challenge for the Daily Kos Atheist Community: Who Will Write a Diary Mocking Passover? (409 comments)

•  I'm also a "traveling man". n/t (1+ / 0-)
    commonmass

Rivers are horses and kayaks are their saddles

by River Rover on Sun Apr 20, 2014 at 02:06:13 PM PDT

•  Good to meet you, Brother. (2+ / 0-)
      AaronInSanDiego, River Rover

Fifth generation here. My late husband's great, great, great grandfather, Joseph Brant/Tyendenaga, was raised by King George III himself.

Pope Francis: the Thumb of Christ in the eyes of the Pharisees.

by commonmass on Sun Apr 20, 2014 at 02:15:35 PM PDT

•  My father, who is a a great fan of British crime (1+ / 0-)
      River Rover

dramas on television (and in print) told me of a line in some program where a detective was asked if "he was ever asked to raise his left trouser leg". We had a good laugh over that.

Pope Francis: the Thumb of Christ in the eyes of the Pharisees.

by commonmass on Sun Apr 20, 2014 at 02:25:14 PM PDT

•  Fourth gen for me, my little lodge is in (1+ / 0-)
        commonmass

North Zulch Texas.

Not much connection 'tween Pyramid 593 and royalty.

Rivers are horses and kayaks are their saddles

by River Rover on Sun Apr 20, 2014 at 02:45:40 PM PDT

•  Ah, Texas. My ex (not the Mohawk one) was from (1+ / 0-)
          River Rover

Fort Worth. We were at a reception at the Harvard Club one night (he was doing his surgical residency there) and someone asked him where he was from. "For' wuth" he replied with a particularly broad North Texas accent. "Where's that?" some man in a tux inquired. Being the scamp that I am, I butted in and replied "It's a suburb of Wichita Falls".

He didn't speak to me for a week.

Triangle lodge, here in Porltand (my blue lodge is in Yarmouth, though I go to Consistory meetings there from time to time) has its charter signed by Paul Revere when he was G.M. of Massachusetts, before Maine became a state.

Pope Francis: the Thumb of Christ in the eyes of the Pharisees.

by commonmass on Sun Apr 20, 2014 at 02:52:21 PM PDT

•  Mine is Casco #36. (1+ / 0-)
          River Rover

I'm working the chairs. In six years or so, I'll be Worshipful Master.

Pope Francis: the Thumb of Christ in the eyes of the Pharisees.

by commonmass on Sun Apr 20, 2014 at 02:56:47 PM PDT

•  This is getting periously off topic, but did you (0+ / 0-)

know that the first Governor of Maine, William King, was also the first Grand Master of the Grand Lodge of Maine?

Pope Francis: the Thumb of Christ in the eyes of the Pharisees.

by commonmass on Sun Apr 20, 2014 at 03:01:46 PM PDT