View Diary: Christie is not the only Gov. with ethics problems, Rick Perry and Terry Barnstead also have issues (37 comments)

•  Hmm, I wonder if the good people... (11+ / 0-)

in Texas, Iowa, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Maine, North and South Carolina, etc., and of course, my state of Florida, actually learned something about the rank dishonesty, hypocrisy, and just plain meanness that's inherent in the Republican party.

I wonder if they've learned that the GOP cannot be trusted with power?

(if they've learned anything at all, there will be a wave 'a comin' in November)

Time will tell

"If one would give me six lines written by the hand of the most honest man, I would find something in them to have him hanged." - 17th-century French clergyman and statesman Cardinal Richelieu.

by markthshark on Sun Apr 20, 2014 at 03:19:03 PM PDT

•  Unfortunately, Fox News tell those voters that (5+ / 0-)

everything is fine, as for the voters who would not vote for these flawed incumbents, the Republican party in at least Florida, and now NC, is busy removing those pesky voters from the rolls of the registered voters, or else they are requiring picture ID in order to register to vote.

And it feels like I'm livin'in the wasteland of the free ~ Iris DeMent, 1996

by MrJersey on Sun Apr 20, 2014 at 03:39:39 PM PDT

•  Yeah, the Fox News watchers are pretty much... (3+ / 0-)
        HoundDog, Paragryne, Stude Dude

stuck on stupid.

I was speaking more to the middle-of-the-road'rs out there who were on the edge and got caught up in the wave in 2010.

They're still persuadable at this point.

(at least I still hope they are)

by markthshark on Sun Apr 20, 2014 at 03:49:02 PM PDT

•  Sound like you already have a great closing (3+ / 0-)
      markthshark, Naniboujou, Paragryne

kicker for a pretty hot post there Markshark.

You should write his up.

Would you mind if I replicated your whole comment, with attribution in an update.

You've written the fire ball closer I should have done,

We just need one my "I wonder ... " sentence sew up the magic 3 cycle.

How about

"And, I wonder when the voters of our great nation are going to wake up and figure out that scumbag Republicans like this crew just mention here are harming our people and betraying the values this nation was built upon?

I wonder, Ladies and Gentlemen when America is going to start electing more Democratic Governors!

Then, run off the stage really fast before the applause dies down and someone asks us about Blogovitch. Wasn't he a Democrat?

Dang, I can remember.  I'm sure if we look back far enough, we could find some Democrat that's going to embarrass us. (humor alert.)

"Seriously, Folks, WTH?" - ("What the Heck? "h/t Joan McCarter, Seriously, Florida. WTF?)

by HoundDog on Sun Apr 20, 2014 at 03:47:00 PM PDT

•  Of course, don't mind at all... (4+ / 0-)

And, of course, we have our share of embarrassments on the Democratic side. But for every one on our side, there seems to be 8 or 10 on the right.

by markthshark on Sun Apr 20, 2014 at 03:54:35 PM PDT

•  do you mean....did the people in those states (1+ / 0-)
      a2nite

learn about republicans in a more general way as reflected  from the Christie debacle in NJ?

Let's ask this question....

....exactly what did they learn about republicans from Christie's conduct?

....will it make any political difference in how they vote?

•  Not in Iowa, they're working on it to make it (2+ / 0-)
      Stude Dude, Rosalie907

look like the Democratic candidate for Governor is just trying to make points with the public.  Braindead has more teflon on him than the mobsters out east.

•  This is one PA voter (0+ / 0-)

who knows better than to ever vote Republican.

Dogs and Philosophers do the greatest good and get the fewest rewards (Diogenes)

by Out There on Mon Apr 21, 2014 at 04:22:06 AM PDT