View Diary: Drawing the Line in 100% Pure Nevada Bullshit! (45 comments)

•  The whole thing will peter out. (20+ / 0-)

Believe me, very few of of these macho, posturing, phony cowboy assholes wants to die for the cause. They all want to swagger around with their guns acting tough. If push came to shove, I would wager that just about all of these cowards would turn tail and run.

Gun toters are typically the biggest losers you will ever meet. Sure, one of them may be lunatic enough to fire on a federal, state or local authority, but the vast majority of them are chickenshits with big mouths who like to act tough.

All of this idiocy is a direct result of our nation's insane gun policies that allow jackasses like these clowns to wander around with their semi-auto rifles slung over their shoulders and their pistols strapped to their sides.

No other civilized nation in the world would stand for such lunacy. But we have the gun makers, the NRA, the gun lobbyists and a whole slew of ignorant, gun-toting morons who now believe that its their "God-given" right to carry their weapons around for this insanity.

It's fucked up. I don't think this is what the founders had in mind when they drafted the Second Amendment.

"Bob Johnson doesn't have special privileges, because really, why would I entrust that guy with ANYTHING?" - kos, November 9, 2013

by Bob Johnson on Mon Apr 21, 2014 at 12:18:33 PM PDT

•  Lets hope you're right Bob (4+ / 0-)
      jodylanec, Mannie, PinHole, nellgwen

but I too feel like these nuts think they've won something, and the really sad part is the ignorant pundits who tell them they HAVE won something and that they even have a point!  The fact that Rand Paul, and yes I realize an ignorant sot there if there ever was one, gets on a 'news' show and says there's a constitutional issue to really be discussed there, that is just scary as all hell.

I know these Baggers are idiots, but how many of the ignorant out there realize that?  The fact that this is even a 'controversy' is terrifying.

But then again, I firmly believe this country will have to go all the way down the drain before sanity is restored, we'll have to relearn things that really are a no-brainer...

•  I reccd your comment, Bob (3+ / 0-)

Because I trust you truly believe what you've written.  But, you clearly have no idea who these folks are.  They are NOT weekend warriors and Xbox champions.  I can guarantee you that the folks at the ranch has seen more combat than all the BLM agents, combined.

•  Oh, you can "guarantee" that? (0+ / 0-)

Were you there with your AR15? Wouldn't surprise me...

by Bob Johnson on Mon Apr 21, 2014 at 02:01:43 PM PDT

•  Yeah Bob, I can (0+ / 0-)

They are all vets, bob.  All of them.  Check out oath keepers, if you're serious about learning who our enemies are.

And your gratuitous insult wasn't appreciated.  Why allow yourself to get personal?

•  Oh, fuck the oathkeepers. (1+ / 0-)
            nellgwen

Are they going to stand up against federal forces? And it won't just be the BLM.

All of the fucking gun nuts in this country who insist on having the right to carry have contributed to this lunacy. They have allowed these fucking idiots to head to Nevada.

Oh, but they have body armor and nightvision equipment.

Big fucking deal. If the feds want to confront them (and I think the feds are smart enough not to do that), they could take out the whole lot of them very quickly and you can bet most of these phony tough guys would drop their weapons while they were dropping a load in their drawers.

by Bob Johnson on Mon Apr 21, 2014 at 02:16:52 PM PDT

•  Oh well, Bob (0+ / 0-)

I guess we don't agree on anything, except this, "and I think the Feds are smart enough not to do that"

What are they going to do, bring in drones, on US soil, to zap these fools, lol?

•  I really think they should send in some real (0+ / 0-)

... gun-loving patriots like you, allen. People who believe in the constitution and the right to keep and bear arms. You guys should be forming your own militia to counter these right wing militias.

by Bob Johnson on Mon Apr 21, 2014 at 02:29:51 PM PDT

•  Silly comment, Bob (0+ / 0-)

You've obviously read many of my comments.  If I walked into a gas station being robbed and the gunman started shooting a bunch of women and children, I'm not drawing my firearm to save any of them, unless they have my last name.  So, if that's the case, why would I get involved in this when its not my fight?

Try harder, Bob.

•  And who's the "they", Bob (0+ / 0-)

Who is this all powerful "they" you worship?  Who are you relying on to save YOU?

•  Oh, allen, I think you and your gun-loving... (0+ / 0-)

... brethren need to be prepared for when the "shit hits the fan" (SHTF in cool gun toter parlance, as I've seen written by a number of gun toters here).

I'm sure you're ready for when the SHTF, right?

by Bob Johnson on Mon Apr 21, 2014 at 02:43:02 PM PDT

•  No Bob, I'm not a prepper (0+ / 0-)

I've lived exclusively in manhattan for the last 25 years (have recently been spending lots of time in Minneapolis, though). I'm a holocaust historian by trade, so I'm busy preparing for the next cache of "papers" to come my way.

•  It's not about being a prepper. (0+ / 0-)

Perhaps you're not a gun toter.

The gun toters here talk about carrying just in case the "shit hits the fan." That's why they carry.

by Bob Johnson on Mon Apr 21, 2014 at 03:19:51 PM PDT

•  I appreciate where the wait and see attitude (0+ / 0-)

comes from. However, I think that you are underestimating the group think. Each one on their own may indeed be cowardly blowhards, but a well-armed group of them together? I hope you are right.

"There is a special place in hell for women who do not help other women." ~Madeleine K. Albright

by jodylanec on Mon Apr 21, 2014 at 01:44:53 PM PDT

•  Baloney... (1+ / 0-)
        nellgwen

It would take the feds moving in with an armored vehicle and laying down a line of fire at their feet to make all of these tough guys crap their drawers.

by Bob Johnson on Mon Apr 21, 2014 at 02:02:42 PM PDT

•  Nobody wants a shoot out with silly people (4+ / 0-)

But it should be noted that George Washington [I think George Washington might have been one of the Founding Fathers or something, but correct me if I am wrong] actually lead the militia of 13,000 soldiers to put down the rebellion. The rebels all disperse to go home to watch the newest episode of The Game of Thrones or something. Twenty were arrested, but all were later acquitted or pardoned.

I think it is the only time that a sitting president has actually lead an army in American history. And he used the militia to put down a rebellion, to protect the laws and Constitution of the United States of America. The militia of the Second Amendment is suppose to defend the rule of law and the Constitution, not over throw it...

“We can always count on the Americans to do the right thing, after they have exhausted all the other possibilities.” - Winston Chuchill

by se portland on Mon Apr 21, 2014 at 02:03:53 PM PDT

•  The only reason these idiots can even be viewed as (4+ / 0-)

... a threat is because this country is stupid enough to allow people to walk around with guns. And this is the logical end result of these insane gun policies.

We really need to ask ourselves if this is then kind of society we want to live in -- one where dumfuck gun toters can walk around with high-powered weapons.

Now, I know there are quite a few RKBA folks who believe that the right to tote one's guns is a much higher priority than living in a civil society where shot like Nevada doesn't happen.

But, at some point, these folks will be viewed as the outliers and this nation will take the necessary steps to provide some sanity to our gun laws.

by Bob Johnson on Mon Apr 21, 2014 at 02:12:45 PM PDT

•  The Whiskey Rebellion (2+ / 0-)
        jodylanec, nellgwen

In case anyone was wondering what the hell I as talking about. :)

Cliven Bundy is just a dead beat who does not want to pay his bills, and does not nearly have the list of grievances that the Whiskey Rebellion had. He says, “But I don’t recognize the United States government as even existing.” and then waves the flag of the country he does not think exists. Cliven had his day in court, actually he had two of them. Harry Reid is right, these yahoos are domestic terrorist, and if Washington were president today, he would personally lead the Second Amendment militia against them.

by se portland on Mon Apr 21, 2014 at 02:34:42 PM PDT

•  Bravo! (1+ / 0-)
        jodylanec
        Well said!

"If a man loses his reverence for any part of life, he will lose his reverence for all of life." — Albert Schweitzer

by mozartssister on Mon Apr 21, 2014 at 08:00:03 PM PDT