View Diary: Wow, Rachel Maddow really hates Oklahoma (107 comments)

•  Hyperbole much? (26+ / 0-)

So evidently reporting that Oklahoma politicians are a bunch of screaming cryptofascist talibangelist screwballs means the reporter hates the state.

Okay, then.

Doesn't change the fact that enough of your neighbors are okay with that to keep voting for them.

It's not the fault of the not-insane minority that they do so, either, but simply reporting the facts about the state is not an insult to them, however distressing that might be.

No Red-State "let 'em secede" baloney from me, either, all the states belong to all of us, including beautiful Oklahoma...

Sorry it's tough living there.

"Ronald Reagan is DEAD! His policies live on but we're doing something about THAT!"

by leftykook on Tue Apr 22, 2014 at 08:58:46 PM PDT

•  pointing out the (7+ / 0-)

hyperbole is the point i was making

•  Some people seem to be missing the point (2+ / 0-)
        watersrun, bluenick

That it's the tone of the condemnation of Oklahoma rather than the facts in the reporting, those are not in dispute. Whether it's intentional or otherwise, I have no idea. My objection to that kind of rhetoric is and always has been how Progressives in the south are tarred with the same brush they use on the baggers and those who voted for them. And it's just irrational, feel good hatred, isn't it? Most of the people rendering these opinions have never been to Texas, (other than that interminable drive through the state on I-10 or I-20 that one year), so they are entirely operating on stereotype. It's not worthy of Liberals to trade in bile and excrement aimed by prejudice and it disappoints the fuck out of me.

"Given the choice between a Republican and someone who acts like a Republican, people will vote for a real Republican every time." Harry Truman

by MargaretPOA on Wed Apr 23, 2014 at 03:59:39 PM PDT

•  hi, leftykook. Thanks for your support. (2+ / 0-)
      watersrun, bluenick
      I've heard that since the days of Raygun here in Texas. You know what?

It's the @#!$%^&*&@! propaganda machine and NOBODY will take it on legally or financially.

Rupert Fucking Murdoch and his godless pro-capitalism are destroying our country. Stochastic terrorism my eye: these uckers are inciting sedition openly on the airwaves now and nobody's doing a thing to slow them down.

Not one thing.

and you're not helping making that remark, nor is any of the other Dems who repeats it ad infinitum ad nauseam. Yes, I busted mine trying to get Ricky beaten in 2010.

I'll do what I  can to elect Wendy this fall.

What are YOU doing to make the world a better place?

LBJ, Van Cliburn, Ike, Wendy Davis, Lady Bird, Ann Richards, Barbara Jordan, Molly Ivins, Sully Sullenburger, Drew Brees: Texas is NO Bush League!

by BlackSheep1 on Wed Apr 23, 2014 at 09:52:55 AM PDT

•  Give money to Wendy... (1+ / 0-)
        bluenick

....and use my unlimited minutes phone to phone bank.

Can't do much more.

Again, my comment addresses facts, not my wishes for either Oklahoma or any other state dominated by RWNJs.

by leftykook on Wed Apr 23, 2014 at 10:19:31 AM PDT

•  the way to change those facts is to see them (2+ / 0-)
          leftykook, bluenick

as unacceptable and get busy overturning them.

It's what the Gee O Pee did.

It's our turn.

You want to stop a solar power surtax? Elect a new Lege that'll repeal it. Start now: you've got until November.

by BlackSheep1 on Wed Apr 23, 2014 at 10:21:33 AM PDT

•  Umm... (2+ / 0-)
            arlene, BlackSheep1

... I've got my hands busy trying to get rid of Frank LoBiondo in South Jersey (talk about a state full of racists and RWNJs!) but I've been sprinkling a little cash to a few folks in Red states...(not much, I sure as hell ain't rollin in it, but SOME) and using my phone to phone bank on election daze....

by leftykook on Wed Apr 23, 2014 at 10:42:53 AM PDT

•  We thank you... (1+ / 0-)
              leftykook

For sending donations to red state candidates. As a democrat in a deep red state it often seems like I am always giving money to candidates in other states too without recriprocation from fellow dems in safe blue districts. At least they have a chance to win in other places so I help out quite often. Sometimes the media and even comments on dailykos make it seem like dems in other states are so hostile towards oklahoma that they would rather rant about how we have the government we "deserve" becuase the RW wins elections. It actually very encouraging to hear you send money to red states and volunteer to phone bank. Thanks for doing those things to help get the red states get a little sanity back even if it only helps put one dem in office in a red state that improves things for every resident of the state for at least one term.