View Diary: Abbreviated Pundit Round-up: 2014 and beyond (74 comments)

•  the actual report correctly calls it (1+ / 0-)
    red moon dog

"a promising start"

"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it!" — Upton Sinclair

by Greg Dworkin on Thu Apr 24, 2014 at 07:25:24 AM PDT

•  Little question that much has been promised (0+ / 0-)

Let's see how deliveries pan out over time.

I just hope that the perception is good enough and the costs are constrained enough to build a sentiment for creating something really good.

One big thing that ACA has done -- it has opened the door. There is no longer an argument that we can't mess with the status quo because thunder and lighting will come down from the heavens and strike us all dead in our tracks.

OK, maybe there never was quite that argument, but you know what I mean.

LG: You know what? You got spunk. MR: Well, Yes... LG: I hate spunk!

by dinotrac on Thu Apr 24, 2014 at 07:28:55 AM PDT

•  true. n/t (1+ / 0-)
        dinotrac

by Greg Dworkin on Thu Apr 24, 2014 at 08:35:17 AM PDT

•  hey did you read my interview? (0+ / 0-)

by Greg Dworkin on Thu Apr 24, 2014 at 08:36:24 AM PDT

•  You big old KettlePot! (0+ / 0-)

All the crap you give me here on the orange page and much of what you said in that interview could have come (3rd person, of course) from me!!!

I get the feeling that I'm a lot more optimistic about coordinated care than you are, but...you're right about multiple conditions.  Somebody has to play doctor while the others are doctor consultants.  Collaboration has got to be a good thing.

During my family's scare a year ago, I would dearly have liked to speak with an oncologist instead of a radiologist and  surgeon to whom I was referred. One twenty minute meeting could have cleared a lot of crap up -- and saved a pile of money and fear.

LG: You know what? You got spunk. MR: Well, Yes... LG: I hate spunk!

by dinotrac on Thu Apr 24, 2014 at 09:39:27 AM PDT

•  I'm very optimistic (1+ / 0-)
            dinotrac

but then again i've seen HMO's and half a dozen other good ideas come and go. so I'm an empiricist.

show me the data.