View Diary: 40 DEAD VETERANS and a secret list Phoenix (35 comments)

•  So how were the veterans put on this list? (3+ / 0-)

Sure it could be a cover up, but I wonder how often it could be used as retribution?

"It were a thousand times better for the land if all Witches, but especially the blessing Witch, might suffer death." qtd by Ehrenreich & English. For Her Own Good, Two Centuries of Expert's Advice to Women pp 40

by GreenMother on Wed Apr 23, 2014 at 09:39:19 PM PDT

•  According to the report (7+ / 0-)

the managers cooked the books.  Two lists.
      They could not keep up with the mandated no longer than 30 day wait.  In my case.

I called the head people and demanded a primary physican when my husband was suddenly dropped.  I never take NO or too many or WAIT as an answer.  I talked two hours to the person over all physicans at the VA in Gainesville and reminded him of his hippocratic oath and then told them I WAS GOING TO THE PRESS.  I don' t make idle threats and went to the airwaves both radio and Cable news.  I sent letters to congress and to the VA headquarters anf fortunately the doctor took the matter in his own hands before the media got totally involved.  The white house got involved as well and they did in tommyfocus case I passed along.   Me nor anyone else should force people to do the right thing.  Schenski is good but he has too much of this going on and too few demanding better treatment.  I will take my vet to local hospital and then send the bill to the VA.  We are fighting those bills and my refusal to pay them.  It is a promise made and I damn well mean for them to keep that one to my vet and any others I know about if they want me to move it on up the chain.
       Those VISN groups are NOT doing their best and the little oversight at these VISN groups need something done.
      An inspector general can write up a report but if it just lies there.. what good is it?

The VA manager passed it off to him as she totally refused to deal with me and the feeling was mutual after a year of she and I going toe to toe .  Two faced as Hell.. She was passing off lies and I was calling her on them.   I gave her plenty of warning she WOULD be called out.

Just how much Koch do Right Wingers want in their life? . United Veterans of America

by Vetwife on Wed Apr 23, 2014 at 10:11:53 PM PDT

•  Way to go Vetwife! (4+ / 0-)
        Vetwife, bumbi, GreenMother, rebel ga

You shouldn't have to fight for "earned" benfits but I'm sure glad that when they are denied, you have the intelligence and the willingness and ability to fight for those rights.

Unfortunately, not every vet has a wife as supportive and capable as you.  Thank you for standing up for them as well.

"Perhaps the sentiments contained in the following pages, are not YET sufficiently fashionable to procure them general favour..."

by Buckeye Nut Schell on Wed Apr 23, 2014 at 10:30:36 PM PDT

•  I would be looking at the following regarding (3+ / 0-)
        ScottinSF, smokey545, Vetwife

these lists:

Did the vets on the list have a history of conflict with that VA (retribution for being "difficult")

Are there more minorities on that list like women, or people of color?

Because cooking the books and secret lists are awful in and of themselves, but I can see these lists also being used to deny treatment to veterans on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, or those vets with a history of not taking BS from the VA.

Would there be a way to go after individual VA centers  under FOIA requesting under one's own name, if one is on such a list? Or requesting the list itself?

by GreenMother on Thu Apr 24, 2014 at 07:52:46 AM PDT

•  I think that is what the hearing is about (1+ / 0-)
          GreenMother

I would think they would be put on a list if they ARE very sick and they don't want to fool with them.. Retribution...not so much.. They do not like dealing with difficult patients but ptsd is part of difficulty..I think from watching death and dishonor and talking to several sources,, it is those that are new in the system and those who are extremely ill...I think that is exactly what happened to our friend who had brain cancer.  I have seen examples of dying vets and they are ignored.

by Vetwife on Thu Apr 24, 2014 at 06:29:29 PM PDT

•  That doesn't make this look any better though (1+ / 0-)
            Vetwife

I bet people will be checking too, just to be sure.

by GreenMother on Fri Apr 25, 2014 at 04:39:06 AM PDT